Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

newcomer

Learned
Hmm.. King Minos... wonders how the Minotaur (tentacle version) looks like...
And I'm wondering too whether the king knows that Sekhenum is coming...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Voting A. I also severely doubt that treave would permakill us. Chances are we'd just be out of the game much longer than usual.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Hell ya A baby *btw why does the codex fail to inform me of this updating all the time*

Also for Sekhenun as sword name for teh lolz after this mission
Us:"hey I just came up with a name for my sword"
Her:"really that's nice what is it. Dog, Mongrel, or Peon well?"
Us:"close but its your name so I'll always remember who made me OP"
Her:"..." *precedes to break sword and leaves us hanging from a tree without pants*
:butthurt:

ScubaV

Prophet
Treave, I hope your well-deserved vacation is recharging those creative juices. I'm starting to get Epic withdrawals. :salute:

Baltika9

Arcane
Treave works in mysterious ways, bros. Have patience. It's only a matter of time, right? ...RIGHT?

Esquilax

Arcane
treave said he'd be back on Tuesday after his vacation.

BTW, what year is it by now? 2000 BCE?

I'm estimating that it's 1916 BC. We woke up at 2000 BC, and all of the events leading up to the Battle of Tjaru (Bringing down Sekhenun, working for Astarth) took place over four years, and we've been depowered for about 80 years. I would really like to meet another immortal who is a bro/sis that also has the same goals as Ean in terms of being a Champion of Humanity and trying to maintain independence from both the Gieoth and the Masters.

As for the sword name, I really like oscar's suggestion. The meaning behind it isn't as cool as Anbar-Shi (heavenly metal given the breath of life), but it's got a really nice ring to it. It just sounds cool. Still, I like all of the suggestions besides Sekhenun, which just strikes me as lulzy and lame. So chalk me up as a vote for anything but Sekhenun, with oscar's choice taking precedence. If Ean were a trickster figure like Hermes/Loki/Dionysius it would fit, but as is, it sounds silly. I see Ean as a bit of a combination of Tyr and Athena from Norse and Greek mythology, respectively.

Hopefully a talk with Sekhenun on our way to Crete will restore some of the Gieloth memories stored in Ean's brain. Maybe it'll give us a small sliver of power to give us an edge while we look for the artifact. The only real advantage of this situation is that our psychic presence will probably be minimal because we're so weak right now.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, I do have net access but it's a hassle typing on my smartphone. Permakill is a possibility here but only if you make a series of bad choices. It would be anticlimactic to drown off the coast of Crete, and Sekhenun may serve as a safety net during certain events. May.

newcomer

Learned
PHALLUS shall be the name of our sword, and SEKHENUM shall be the name of its sheath ;)

Oh well.. voting for any name other than Sekhenum

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Aww, my trolling option is getting outvoted.:M Well, I did propose it just to be an arse, I'm good with whatever. We could even call it Betsy. :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Chapter 4.1: Setting Sail

“Fine, I’ll go. I was planning to move on anyway.”

“Perfect.” Sekhenun smiles. “I was about to scream for help if you didn’t agree.”

She unbolts the door and opens it. You follow her, wondering what you had gotten yourself into. It was not long before you were introduced to Mehrune, descended from one of Akil’s relatives who had found themselves nobility when he became Pharaoh. She passes by without even sparing you a further glance.

The preparations for the trip took up the better part of the week. Besides you, there were nine other warriors hired to accompany Mehrune on this trip. You did not see Sekhenun after that first day, until you boarded the ship. Once the ship had set sailed, she came to meet you, briefing you on your quest in Crete.

Crete was ruled by a Gieloth who called himself King Minos. According to Sekhenun, Minos had an artifact, similar to the Sceptre of Ra, stored within his palace. She believes that she can use it to revive your powers, which are merely dormant and not lost. Minos has grown more and more comfortably decadent in the past few decades, and had invited an emissary from Egypt to visit his little kingdom as a prelude to proposing an alliance. When Sekhenun sniffed that tidbit out, she wasted no time in becoming a trusted handmaiden of said emissary, and made sure you knew of the well-paying job.

“What is Minos planning by inviting Mehrune? Does he plan to infiltrate the Egyptian court as well?” you ask.

Sekhenun shakes her head. “I don’t think so. He has grown comfortable in his skin after so many years. All I have heard points to Minos being obsessed with the ruling of his little island. He appears to be thinking only about securing his seat of power in Crete.”

“That’s not very Gieloth-like, from what I know.” You no longer had the ability to interpret the remnants of Pahnrath’s knowledge ever since you lost your powers, but you still knew their basic modus operandi: infiltrate and spread. To be concerned with just ruling one island was not a trait of theirs.

“This is the first time we’ve needed to spend so much time inside a host. Something about the inhabitants of this little mudball doesn’t suit our physiology.” Sekhenun sighs, and throws a wad of papyrus at you. “Many of the first-comers who took on a host-form no longer think as they should. They’ve changed.”

“Have you changed as well?”

She remains silent for a while. “Maybe. Or maybe it’s because of that stupid lower life-form diet you forced me on.” Standing up, Sekhenun leaves you without saying anything else.

Five days into your journey, the ship stopped by the island of Cyprus to replenish its supplies and allow the crew some rest. The rowers were to be given rest for two days, and then head out for Crete; which would take another week.

Right after you arrive at Cyprus, Mehrune gathers all of the men she hired. She remains quiet, her face unmoving, allowing her chief handmaiden to speak for her.

“I have heard that on Cyprus, there is an eternally young priestess who makes particularly effective love charms. Our Lady is slightly interested, and as such has decided to send out a delegation to visit this priestess. We will need two brave warriors to go with us.”

Eternally young priestess? Could it be another immortal? You wonder if you should leave the ship and volunteer to go. You look at Sekhenun, standing behind the chief handmaiden, hoping she’ll have some guidance – you see her blinking at you and twitching her face around. You have no idea what she’s trying to convey… why can’t she just beam her voice into your head as usual?

A. You volunteer to go. A chance to meet another immortal is too rare to pass up, no matter what dangers you might face. Who knows what aid she might offer you?

B. You stay on the ship – you no longer have regenerative powers, and now that you know you have a chance at regaining your powers soon, you should not take too much risk and save your strength to face the challenges at Crete instead.

Regarding the name, I think the ones with most support are Anbar-Shi, Enki's Lament and Sekhenun? Let's narrow it down to these three for voting - we can always change the name later if we want to.

1. Anbar-Shi
2. Enki's Lament
3. Sekhenun

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm not sure yet whether to vote A or B. Knowing our luck the eternally young priestess will be Shulgi. Gong to definitely vote for Enki's Lament however.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, B2. Although A is really tempting, we are without our powers, and working with a Gieloth, which other immortals presumably hate vehemently. If they have any mindreading talent, it would be simple for them to grasp our hand and scan our brain for thoughts that have occurred within a day. On the otherhand, if she is radically different from Naram, we be able to make an agreement with her in return for aid. We will presumably be facing a great deal of peril with King Minos...

Bah, flipping to A2, B is boring and safe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom