Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

kazgar

Arcane
Thousand years is just ean's best guess, and i'm sure time woudl be sped up accordingly if required. Also think treave would be bored writing clark kent updates and could give us another way to speed up the process.

(ie A seems a no brainer, and we haven't had to many bioware choices so far, so there's gotta be more to B)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I am using an average of about 50 years expectancy. Akil was about 30 when he ascended, 16 years after Tjaru. He ruled for another 20. His son took the throne at 18 and ruled for 40 years. The grandson is now 25 and has been on the throne for 5 years. So, about 80 years.

Now for the alternate choices.

A would have brought you to Sumeria to tussle with Marduk, as Nabu said. Pretty straightforward.

B was the worst choice. Lying outright would've made Nabu shatter your mind on the spot. He then brings you to Marduk, who takes your body for his own and begins a reign of terror which is stopped only by outside interference.

C would break the Honourblade but you do not go into a coma. You remain aware but immobile. Marduk takes your body and uses it for nasty things, but unknown to him you husband your strength and wait for the right time to consume him. Bad things happen to Egypt here but you get a great power boost if you succeed in eating Marduk.

No romance for now, sorry newcomer.

newcomer

Learned
By "taking our body" I assume that means Marduk live inside us? And consuming means we devour his consciousness and absorb it?

Well, I think tentacle romance is somewhat much more cool than any of those options :oops:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By "taking our body" I assume that means Marduk live inside us? And consuming means we devour his consciousness and absorb it?

Yes,he'll wear your body, and then you can eat him, absorb him, tendrils and all. He'd have never seen it coming, unless you decided to reveal your presence to stop him from killing a friend...

newcomer

Learned
Yes,he'll wear your body, and then you can eat him, absorb him, trends and all. He'd have never seen it coming, unless you decided to reveal your presence to stop him from killing a friend...

And how will we recover if we had chosen B?
Will the LP end? Or will we play as Marduk? Or a few hundred years later we will recover thanks to a shepherd (and brainwashed)?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
C sounds grimdark. Would have been awesome to absorb his power, but ultimately it seems D was the best choice in the end. Assuming Sekhenum doesn't decide to royally screw us over.

newcomer

Learned
C sounds grimdark. Would have been awesome to absorb his power, but ultimately it seems D was the best choice in the end. Assuming Sekhenum doesn't decide to royally screw us over.

Nah, I know she loves us; she's just being a tsundere here :incline:

Baltika9

Arcane
A.
Stupid Immortal, it's not like I like you or anything.
I think the relationship is going to be a batman-catwoman one.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes,he'll wear your body, and then you can eat him, absorb him, trends and all. He'd have never seen it coming, unless you decided to reveal your presence to stop him from killing a friend...

And how will we recover if we had chosen B?
Will the LP end? Or will we play as Marduk? Or a few hundred years later we will recover thanks to a shepherd (and brainwashed)?

It gets so bad that the Chinese immortals journey to the West to take down Marduk after he conquers India. Then they imprison your body under a mountain. It's a very long time skip. Worst choice.

World update.

Northern Europe has nothing noteworthy so far, there are some Gieloth but not much.

Gieloth in the near East are thriving. Far East has no news to offer you.

In Sumeria Marduk appears to be building up an army to invade, strangely enough, the Near East and not Egypt.

Greece has its city states with scattered Gieloth influence - you know that Crete, the island you are heading to, is ruled by one who calls himself King Minos.

The American Gieloth appear to be preparing to cross the ocean towards Africa. You don't know how they will manage that but the preparations will take a lot of time anyway.

And yeah, you have till next week to decide whether or not to name the Honourblade.

Baltika9

Arcane
As for the sowrd,
Bros, we gotta take this chance to have some lulz, really. Sekhenun, or Blobert, that is my vote.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm with the A-sayers. :salute:

And I still think the name Sekhenun is amusing, originally though, I meant for that name to be in honour of our agreement with the Gieloth.

Which is also why i vote A. We've dealt honourably with her in the past. Doubtless she is doing this for her own good, as she says herself. But why not take the chance to learn something more. We know she's talkative. Maybe we'll get some new info-dump. :salute:

Also, this:

C would break the Honourblade but you do not go into a coma. You remain aware but immobile. Marduk takes your body and uses it for nasty things, but unknown to him you husband your strength and wait for the right time to consume him. Bad things happen to Egypt here but you get a great power boost if you succeed in eating Marduk.

Damnit, this would have been so cool! Oh well, gotta roll with the punches.

I actually think this didn't end up that badly - things turned out all right for Egypt in the end.

As for the choice - A obviously.

Baltika9

Arcane
Something tells me that we're going after another artifact of the "masters". And that Naram or Shulgi will be there. Treavebro, have Ean ask Sekhenun if she can heal him, I have a strong feeling we'll need it.

Esquilax

Arcane
And I still think the name Sekhenun is amusing, originally though, I meant for that name to be in honour of our agreement with the Gieloth.

Dude, you don't name your psychically-linked sword after a girl. It's like getting a girl's name tattooed on you - bad idea. We name the sword Sekhenun, she fucks us over somehow, next thing you know we're stuck hauling around a sword for the next few millenia named after some bitch we hate. Who wants that?

Damnit, this would have been so cool! Oh well, gotta roll with the punches.

Nurturing humanity's future progress by saving Egypt was worth it to me, and leaving behind a great legacy doesn't hurt either. The power boost in C would have been cool of course, but it would have destroyed all of the work we'd done in restoring Egypt to its former glory. From a character standpoint it would have probably changed Ean for the worse as well. I like the fact that he's a classical hero rather than some grimdark type. Besides, if we get our powers back during this mission in Crete, we're only out 80 years and our sword is still intact, a small price to pay.

Agreeing to Nabu's deal would have been interesting, but I'm not sure if we would have had the skills to maneuver Gieloth politics like that. Would have presented a lot of challenges. I find dealing with Sukhenun vastly more preferable, even if she's got her own agenda.

Tigranes

Arcane
Guys, B is not going to work. No way.

Basically, I think it comes down to A or D.

A would have brought you to Sumeria to tussle with Marduk, as Nabu said. Pretty straightforward.

B was the worst choice. Lying outright would've made Nabu shatter your mind on the spot. He then brings you to Marduk, who takes your body for his own and begins a reign of terror which is stopped only by outside interference.

You're welcome. M:

Anyway, it is surely going to be A, which makes me powerfully curious about B...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom