Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Urist McLurker Learned

Urist McLurker
    A

:bro: For the update man, very much enjoyed.

Also I think now is the perfect time to name the sword Sekhenun :smug:

^ Top  
  2. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    A. Better than wasting a thousand years.

^ Top  
  3. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  4. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
  5. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    A

edit:

Agreed.
    Nah. Flopping back to Anbar-Shi.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    EDIT :

Flip-flopping to A

Its not northern europe, so its all good.

^ Top  
  7. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    I see... Sekhenum is romanceable after all :smug:

A

^ Top  
  8. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    :stupid:

Hopefully thats not what it has to come to. I like to think we have more important things to do.

^ Top  
  9. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    I wonder how will the child of an immortal & a Gieloth looks like :smug:

We'll breed a new race of creatures which will take over the Earth & slay our "twart" master

^ Top  
  10. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    A

As for the sword name, either Anbar-Shi or Enki's Lament sounds good. Ean isn't a lulzy character, so I'm not excited about trying to mock Sekhenun with the name. She's been rather straightforward in her dealings with us, even when she wanted to kill/capture us. I guess that comes from being a scientist.

Also :bro: for the LP treave. It's truly living up to its name.

^ Top  
  11. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Fucking awesome update. :bro:

We've established an amazing legacy in Egypt and made the country great again. Thousands of years from now, people will speak of Runi the same way they do of Hercules. Our sacrifice did some good, it seems. I'm assuming roughly 50-60 years have passed since the Battle of Tjaru.

I'm VOTING A. Waiting a thousand years to get our powers back is just as dangerous as going on this mission, and I'd rather not have a millennium of updates involving Superman without any powers. I'm speculating that the Gieloth are panicking because this artifact that Sekhenun is referring to is similar to the Sceptre of Ra in that it would summon our masters again. If so, it's in both our best interests to find this thing.

Expect a friendly encounter with Naram as well. Maybe he's forgiven us. :troll:

^ Top  
  12. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Oh great, now let's ask for a vial of poison when we have the chance

^ Top  
  13. kazgar Arcane

kazgar
    Thousand years is just ean's best guess, and i'm sure time woudl be sped up accordingly if required. Also think treave would be bored writing clark kent updates and could give us another way to speed up the process.

(ie A seems a no brainer, and we haven't had to many bioware choices so far, so there's gotta be more to B)

^ Top  
  14. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    Yup. :bro: If any LP deserves the name Epic, its this one. :salute:

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I am using an average of about 50 years expectancy. Akil was about 30 when he ascended, 16 years after Tjaru. He ruled for another 20. His son took the throne at 18 and ruled for 40 years. The grandson is now 25 and has been on the throne for 5 years. So, about 80 years.

Now for the alternate choices.

A would have brought you to Sumeria to tussle with Marduk, as Nabu said. Pretty straightforward.

B was the worst choice. Lying outright would've made Nabu shatter your mind on the spot. He then brings you to Marduk, who takes your body for his own and begins a reign of terror which is stopped only by outside interference.

C would break the Honourblade but you do not go into a coma. You remain aware but immobile. Marduk takes your body and uses it for nasty things, but unknown to him you husband your strength and wait for the right time to consume him. Bad things happen to Egypt here but you get a great power boost if you succeed in eating Marduk.

No romance for now, sorry newcomer.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    :salute: When in doubt, vote for CAPS.

^ Top  
  17. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    By "taking our body" I assume that means Marduk live inside us? And consuming means we devour his consciousness and absorb it?

Well, I think tentacle romance is somewhat much more cool than any of those options :oops:

^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yes,he'll wear your body, and then you can eat him, absorb him, tendrils and all. He'd have never seen it coming, unless you decided to reveal your presence to stop him from killing a friend...

^ Top  
  19. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    And how will we recover if we had chosen B?
    Will the LP end? Or will we play as Marduk? Or a few hundred years later we will recover thanks to a shepherd (and brainwashed)?

^ Top  
  20. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    C sounds grimdark. Would have been awesome to absorb his power, but ultimately it seems D was the best choice in the end. Assuming Sekhenum doesn't decide to royally screw us over.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Nah, I know she loves us; she's just being a tsundere here :incline:

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    A.
    Stupid Immortal, it's not like I like you or anything.
    I think the relationship is going to be a batman-catwoman one.

^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It gets so bad that the Chinese immortals journey to the West to take down Marduk after he conquers India. Then they imprison your body under a mountain. It's a very long time skip. Worst choice.

World update.

Northern Europe has nothing noteworthy so far, there are some Gieloth but not much.

Gieloth in the near East are thriving. Far East has no news to offer you.

In Sumeria Marduk appears to be building up an army to invade, strangely enough, the Near East and not Egypt.

Greece has its city states with scattered Gieloth influence - you know that Crete, the island you are heading to, is ruled by one who calls himself King Minos.

The American Gieloth appear to be preparing to cross the ocean towards Africa. You don't know how they will manage that but the preparations will take a lot of time anyway.

And yeah, you have till next week to decide whether or not to name the Honourblade.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    As for the sowrd,
    Bros, we gotta take this chance to have some lulz, really. Sekhenun, or Blobert, that is my vote.

^ Top  
  25. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Still voting for Sekhenun.
    Incidentally, is it possible for us to rename it later?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.