Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Esquilax

Arcane
Akachi is right, sadly. Unfortunately, much like Akachi, I think our own Crusade will end like his did.

Fuck, I'm getting a bunch of traumatic flashbacks from root's Warhammer 42K LP now. Once we started going DEVOUR SOUL!!! on everything, things hurtled from one disaster to another. I'm seeing the genesis of something similar here: we try to do the "right thing", and it results in progressively worse consequences for us. We did the right thing in Egypt, and we lost our powers. Now we did the honorable thing here, and it is likely we will be saddled with a dangerous hunger that will pose enough of a threat to the universe that it will bring the attentions of both the Gieloth and the Masters upon us, for good reason.

I dunno, maybe Sekhenun will be able to shed some light on our condition. Maybe she'll know of a cure. But then again, judging by how much attention we're going to attract, she'll probably do the smart thing and run for the hills once she finds out what happened to us.

I'm voting B. I know it won't win, but I'm voting my conscience. Perhaps we can continue the saga as an :obviously: god of the dead torn between his understanding of the natural order of the cosmos and his desire to see humanity rise up. He shall be named Kelemvor.

At the beginning of this CYOA, you mentioned that we will play as the voice. Assuming that A causes Ean to live, I hope that Ean wouldn't be some sort of NPC, if you get what I mean...
Ean hasn't heard voices for the last 80 years yet we have still been playing as him.

As for Theseus, he isn't worth the revenge. Theseus only "killed" Ean as a mercy. I don't think he knew what Ean even meant by saying "statuette" - how could he? We never told him of our plan. He probably just thought he was refusing a request from a dying man.

newcomer

Learned
As for Theseus, he isn't worth the revenge. Theseus only "killed" Ean as a mercy. I don't think he knew what Ean even meant by saying "statuette" - how could he? We never told him of our plan. He probably just thought he was refusing a request from a dying man.

Maybe he's not worth the revenge, but you might try to tell that to Ean's new appetite for humans (well, just theory). After all, we're going a DEVOUR SOUL path...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
What's cool about this is now the power Ean has won't be on loan, it won't stem from a source other than ourselves, it will be us, tied to our soul and our body in unbreakable bonds. That said, I really liked the voices and their commentary, and they always stood by us. It's a damn shame, is what it is.

It's ironic, I think our best friend in the end will be Shulgi. No gods or masters.

Tigranes

Arcane
You bastards, I knew we should have abandoned that fucker. Now we're facing permadeath in a second CYOA in weeks. : x

We might end up dead and starting over as a new immortal, but I sure as hell ain't giving up unless I have to. A it is.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Heh, the thought has just come to me. We could also end up trapped in the Honourblade and become a permanent magic talking sword who possesses people.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ean's tale.... Might be the Honorblade subverts Theseus' will and we continue with him. If that's the case, I'd rather stick with Ean...

Anabanana

Augur
Fuck this shit, man. I told you all again and again to choose A, but noooooooo you decided that Theseus was a bro when it was clear all along that he was just thinking with dick. Let's kill Ean off, maybe we'll get to play as Sekhenum or something this time. Which means I choose B, the honorable, in character choice for Ean. Wasn't this exactly what certain proponents of A were looking for? A fitting end for this LP? It seems stupid to go with B because of honor, and then choosing an action that completely renders that choice meaningless.

newcomer

Learned
Fuck this shit, man. I told you all again and again to choose A, but noooooooo you decided that Theseus was a bro when it was clear all along that he was just thinking with dick. Let's kill Ean off, maybe we'll get to play as Sekhenum or something this time. Which means I choose B, the honorable, in character choice for Ean. Wasn't this exactly what certain proponents of A were looking for? A fitting end for this LP? It seems stupid to go with B because of honor, and then choosing an action that completely renders that choice meaningless.

I believe these people have been awaken from their sense of justice. Well, straighten your mind; 80 pages are too little number befitting to end this CYOA, right?

Anabanana

Augur
B means Ean's tale is definitely over.

But that doesn't mean that the CYOA will be over... right? We might get to play as somebody else... right?

Heh, the thought has just come to me. We could also end up trapped in the Honourblade and become a permanent magic talking sword who possesses people.

YES. I would pick the hell out of this if it was an explicit option. Wavering towards A...

Bloodshifter

Educated
*rages at the B chooser's at the last update*
SEE THEUSES IS NO BRO YA LILLY LIVERED NO GOOD BUCKETS OF FISH GUTS AND SCUM

okay now with minimal displeasure out of the way

B I wish to start again no point in following this guy he is screwed from our choice's of "bro-ness" and stupidity *told you his penis would kill us monkey poop*

Esquilax

Arcane
What's cool about this is now the power Ean has won't be on loan, it won't stem from a source other than ourselves, it will be us, tied to our soul and our body in unbreakable bonds. That said, I really liked the voices and their commentary, and they always stood by us. It's a damn shame, is what it is.

Ah, so that's why the Masters would hunt us for this transgression. In the beginning of this chronicle, treave told us:

You were granted immortality by some strange event, not born into it; this also implies that your eternal life and your powers can be taken away.

It's reasonable to assume that the Masters grant certain humans immortality because should one of them go rogue and start opposing them, revoking those powers is very easy. Now that our powers are bound to ourselves, we're harder to control, and thus a liability to the Masters.

By the way, I like your idea the best, however, I would like to see if something somewhat similar is possible. treave, right now, Theseus is holding the Honorblade. This blade contains the last embers of Ean's consciousness. Ean's psionic powers are still primitive, but would we be able to convince the voices to give us aid in possessing Theseus' body? Back in Tjaru, the voices gave us a boost in our telekinetic abilities to defeat Baran, could they do something similar here to transfer our consciousness into Theseus' body?

It's clear to me that right now Ean, even at his peak, is not powerful enough to take on both the Gieloth and the Masters. We need at least a thousand years or so to marshal our strength. Worse than that, I don't fancy turning into Akachi either. For now, I would prefer the voices to guide us from afar rather than be a part of us - it's too dangerous.

Anabanana

Augur
By the way, I like your idea the best, however, I would like to see if something somewhat similar is possible. treave, right now, Theseus is holding the Honorblade. This blade contains the last embers of Ean's consciousness. Ean's psionic powers are still primitive, but would we be able to convince the voices to give us aid in possessing Theseus' body? Back in Tjaru, the voices gave us a boost in our telekinetic abilities to defeat Baran, could they do something similar here to transfer our consciousness into Theseus' body?

IF this is possible, I change my vote to this.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A

Let's eat everyone who isn't a bro. Starting with Theseus.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh no, Theseus will have left the Labyrinth long before you recover should you pick A. He left Anbar-Shi in your neck. Even if you revive there's still the matter healing your shattered body.

Baltika9

Arcane
A is the in-character choice for Ean, because, no matter what, he's not the type to lay down and die. I know that the A-sayers are pissed at us stupid bitches for trusting Theseus, but, hey, what's done is done, no need whining about it. Ean has just been taught two important lessons in life: bros before hos, and hos before un-bros; and most men are not your bros.

Now, regarding A: best case scenario, we survive without great penalties and gain a nifty new Lord Sector Hax ability to destroy other immortals, and lead mankind into a noblebright future, all the while fighting our corrupt masters and the inhuman gieloth.
Worst case scenario, our hunger becomes an overpowering influence, forcing us to shed any sense of honor, dignity and sanity and exist to feed our hunger. We shall become an intergalactic horror, devouring not just souls, but entire worlds in our wake, a-la C'tan.

And, try as I might, i'm not seeing any downsides to this. One thing's clear, though, is that Ean will no longer be a wide-eyed naive idealist. Surprise, death changes people. Besides, broken leash and all that.

Baltika9

Arcane
Also, treavebro, this is one of the best Lp's i read on the 'Dex, excluding root's WH42K.

:brodex: :hero: to you, bro.

ScubaV

Prophet
Masterfully done treave.
:bro:

I'm going A. I don't want Ean's tale to end just yet nor do I think he would give up so easily himself. I'm also intrigued by the character development this would likely introduce. Ean will probably become a much darker character, struggling between his innate desire to do what is right and a hunger to devour that most people are anticipating (and I agree). Even if he gains mastery over this hunger or somehow cures it, Theseus's betrayal will have a profound effect.

I don't think this will be all bad either, as Smashing Axe and Esquilax suggested if/once we revive we will probably be our own master in control of our own powers. Increased attention from and encounters with the Masters and Gieloth will serve to grow our powers even higher if we can tackle the increased challenges.

Baltika9

Arcane
And besides that, no one said that the increased attention from he Gieloth will be necessarily a bad thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom