Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Esquilax

Arcane
For a start, we wake up and figure out what's going on. Then, we take some time to adjust and learn what happened to us, catalogue the changes, basic damage assessment.

Thing is, if this hunger thing is not a big problem, we may look into creating more of these unbound. And if this will be the course of Ean's self destruction, and Earth's final doom, at least it'll be entertaining to watch.

I don't want to watch a trainwreck, I want to guide a character to success. We had a vision over the first three chapters of guiding a powerful, principled immortal and we generally made decent choices. There was a lot of really good discussion during the Tjaru segment of the story.

And now over the course of two (!) updates, you've done a complete 180 and you've decided you'd rather watch a glorious disaster. Just a second ago, I heard this from you:

Because the impression I get from his character is that he'll keep getting up until he's dead for good. He doesn't take the cowards way out, or the reasonable way out, but he takes the path of a fighter. No surrender 'till I'm dead for good.

This is Codex. You expected something else?

Yes, I expected people to act more like the character we shaped from Chapters 1 through 3. We made some pretty good decisions in that time. The 300 year coma we had notwithstanding (which, to be fair, nobody saw coming), we made some good choices over the course of that time.

Shrugging your shoulders and going "LOL CODEX GONNA CODEX" doesn't work for me. It's no excuse to turn an awesome LP into a lulzfest just because you are disappointed with some of the decisions you've made.

I am voting for B. We cannot afford to fight Minos in our current condition, and Daedalus can handle himself - I'm sure he has a nice assortment of traps for any unwanted visitors. Going through the vault might allow us to find our sword and the artifact, which could possibly shed light on our condition.

B

Tigranes

Arcane
Ean (Codex) has decided to survive at any cost, but that doesn't mean we need to full on crazy. Ean's personality hasn't changed, and we shouldn't be dumbass about this. We don't know yet any side-effects of our devouring, how much we need, what exact impact it has on the restoration of our powers (or new ones), and certainly, whether we can devour five men without any escaping.

I vote B. A is good too, but we never recovered that statuette, right? And we don't know if devouring will do it on its own. We might as well get the statuette, escape, then look for Sekhenun, while we figure out our next move. Without the minotaur it shouldn't be lethal for us, though I expect Honourblade is gone forever.

Esquilax

Arcane
Oh crap, we aren't going to jump immediately to the DEVOUR SOUL bandwagon, are we? Not again.

Daedalus told us he can take care of himself. So let's just get out of here as quickly as we can. Feeding again so soon when it is not necessary will only increase our hunger and we all know how that ended last time. Plus, I really want to find our old weapon if it still exists. I wonder if it would still work the same way, amplifying any power we might have.

I think what's going on is that people are unhappy with the way things turned out, so in order to protect themselves from feeling bad about it, they just want to drag Ean as far down as possible. It's sort of like when a guy assumes that the pretty girl sitting next to him is probably a bitch because it'll protect his ego in case she isn't interested in him.

So Codex, please don't be mean to the pretty girl because you're afraid that she won't like you. It's OK if she doesn't, I'm sure you'll find some sweet girl with a nice big cock who will love you for who you are.

Baltika9

Arcane

Agree to disagree, then. I'm the high risk, high reward type. 'Sides, trainwrecks are fun to watch. It's the "in case we fail" condolence prize. I have every intention of succeeding, though. And as for the whole "feel bad", you do too, bro, don't lie.

As for the vote, B, see if we can't find Anbar'Shi in there too. Although I'm pretty sure there's another Minotaur or some such in there.

And, yeah, forget about making more Unbound for now.

newcomer

Learned
So Codex, please don't be mean to the pretty girl because you're afraid that she won't like you. It's OK if she doesn't, I'm sure you'll find some sweet girl with a nice big cock who will love you for who you are.

Such as Minos? :troll:

Anyway, after I think about it, maybe going to the labyrinth is a better idea. Might as well test our hunger against lesser beings

Anabanana

Augur
I think what's going on is that people are unhappy with the way things turned out, so in order to protect themselves from feeling bad about it, they just want to drag Ean as far down as possible.

For me, it was more a case of I was trying my hardest to NOT let this shit turn into a trainwreck, but people went ahead and made choices that turned it into one anyway. Well If you guys want to be stupid, I'll do my best to help you be as stupid as you want. I VOTE D LET'S FUCK DAEDELUS AND EAT HIS CORPSE LIKE THE MANLY MAN EAN IS

(Yeah I'm bitter so sue me)

A is good too, but we never recovered that statuette, right? And we don't know if devouring will do it on its own. We might as well get the statuette, escape, then look for Sekhenun, while we figure out our next move. Without the minotaur it shouldn't be lethal for us, though I expect Honourblade is gone forever.
Yeah, I forgot about that fucking statue - we should definitely get our hands on that as well. And while it is possible the Honourblade was destroyed or somehow lost to us, we still have the knowledge to make a new one, don't we? It it can amplify Gieloth powers (it is after all a Gieloth design) as well the powers of Immortals, I see no reason it shouldn't work for us even now (no matter what the hell we are now). This should be among our top priorities if we can't recover the old one from the Labyrinth.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Eating seems to help us recover. Besides, these aren't men, they're not humans. They're tax collectors. It's fair game. I think this event will make Ean more practical, but still work towards the same ends.

Edit:

I think this warrants linking again

newcomer

Learned
Besides, these aren't men, they're not humans. They're tax collectors. It's fair game.

If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. :obviously:

B, we could still do something useful with the statuette I'd wager, though I don't relish contacting the masters with it. :M

How about eating the masters?

Esquilax

Arcane
Eating seems to help us recover. Besides, these aren't men, they're not humans. They're tax collectors. It's fair game. I think this event will make Ean more practical, but still work towards the same ends.

Yes, but Sekhenun mentioned that the presence of the artifact helped recover a portion of our powers as well. It would do so without having to feed our hunger. We better not tinker with it until we find someone like Sekhenun who can give us some clues as to what it is and our condition.

It's another dilemma of our condition, I suppose: the artifact would probably curb our hunger and give us some insight, but tampering with it risks drawing the Masters down to Earth.

Bros, if I may, a proposal: it's time to face facts - becoming a champion of Mankind is not going to be possible given the circumstances. Ridding ourselves of this curse is probably going to be extremely difficult, maybe impossible. Given the indignity and dishonor that becoming an abomination would result in, I believe we should dedicate ourselves to a new goal: seeking out a good death, a warrior's death.

If we can find Sekhenun, I would like to procure some of her toxic vials. In lieu of that, we should find another method of permadeath. Then, travel to some distant land to take out as many immortals and Gieloth as we possible can. Once we are done, we use the vial on ourselves, knowing that our hunger has grown too strong and that we've outlived our usefulness. Killing a bunch of power-hungry immortals would pave the way for a new generation that's possibly better than the first.

Anabanana

Augur
Re: the whole hunger thing

Can't we just lurk outside morgues or whatever and eat freshly dead corpses? That way we won't have to kill and eat innocent people. If that's what bothering you all.

Esquilax's proposal is good - but how do we separate the "good" immortals from the power-hungry ones? In any case, I doubt we can beat immortals in our weakened state.

Baltika9

Arcane
I wonder what'll happen if we eat a minotaur?

P.S.: Regarding Brosquilax's proposal: it's a good backup option (I liked the whole Chaos God/Cthulhu thing, but becoming a tyranid is not something even I want to do. Not befitting someone such as Ean), but before that we have to find out if we really can't fight or cure this thing. For all we know, Sekhenun's toxin might no longer work for us.

Sekhenun should really be our first stop after this, too, since she may help us. She did mention that her king were facing problems. Maybe they're similar to ours. Maybe she'll be able to help us.

What's with the sudden suicidal gloom and doom? Never give up, never surrender. I'm still behind the idea of becoming the guardian of humanity and kicking the ass of both the Masters and Gieloth. This curse is just another obstacle to overcome. Sekhenun also suffers from something similar, yet she survived on animals - are we weaker then her? Hell no.

Baltika9

Arcane
What's with the sudden suicidal gloom and doom? Never give up, never surrender. I'm still behind the idea of becoming the guardian of humanity and kicking the ass of both the Masters and Gieloth. This curse is just another obstacle to overcome. Sekhenun also suffers from something similar, yet she survived on animals - are we weaker then her? Hell no.

:bro: I just meant that if there is no way to fight this hunger, and it will be literally consuming Ean's mind and self, then I'm in favor of a glorious death. I don't want to become a walking embodiment of EA, where the options are between "brains" and "liver".

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait... wait a second.

Wait a goddamn second.

Ean. EAN. E-A-N. EA-n.

Began as an entity with noble intentions. Became a monster that devours everything to make itself stronger.

Treave, you magnificent sunuvabitch.

:bravo:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B

Try to find Honourblade and the statue.

We can still be mankind's hero despite the hunger. We might occasionally have to sacrifice a non-bro human for the greater good, but we should take down as many gieloths and masters as possible before we go down.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Bros, if I may, a proposal: it's time to face facts - becoming a champion of Mankind is not going to be possible given the circumstances.

Sorry, Brosquilax, you're a good Primogen for Vampire votes, but your last several posts in this thread are utter minotaur-crap. Him-on-Terra devours thousands of psykers daily, yet He still manages to watch over Mankind. Our petty need of a single human per half a year doesn't even begin to compare.

We still can become the champion of Mankind!

Also, voting B.

Baltika9

Arcane
{quote="Storyfag, post: 2238254, member: 13109"]
Bros, if I may, a proposal: it's time to face facts - becoming a champion of Mankind is not going to be possible given the circumstances.

Sorry, Brosquilax, you're a good Primogen for Vampire votes, but your last several posts in this thread are utter minotaur-crap. Him-on-Terra devours thousands of psykers daily, yet He still manages to watch over Mankind. Our petty need of a single human per half a year doesn't even begin to compare.

Also, voting B.[/quote]
Where's the damned brofist button when you need it? :( How much longer must I wait?

ScubaV

Prophet

Also, voting B.

I agree. Having this hunger curse doesn't automatically make Ean evil or nonredeemable. It's how we choose to manage it that will make all the difference. The voices hinted that we inherited a Gieloth-like hunger. We forced Sekhenun into a non-human diet and she seemed fine, if little annoyed. We can do the same.

Blade_(2).jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom