Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Flopped to C. It's the smarter option. A might leave us the statuette, but after we escape (if at all), what next? Where do we go. Where is Lady Mehrune? She'll be our first stop on finding Sekhenun, if she/it did not stay here(which she/it most assuredly did not), she/it probably is still with our dear consul, being the head handmaiden of a superpower's international diplomat and all.
    And without Sekhenun, figuring out what happened to us will be much more difficult and the statuette will be useless. Besides, we can always come back for it later.

And there's always the possibility that it's Ariadne or her shy sister. Still under the love potion:smug:. And if it is Minos, well, I rather think we can work out a deal.

^ Top  
  2. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    We aren't currently in a position to bargain, baltika9. I'm fine with meeting Minos again, but after we have recovered. We need time to get our bearings first, I think. Running into him hours after waking up from our year long sleep will not do us any good. Let's understand the extent of our present capabilities, and proceed from there.

^ Top  
  3. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Agreed. A

^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    We'd be going out into the world blind, though, and hungry. With no clue where to look for Sekhenun. And I doubt we'd be able to use our "betrayed by a fukken Athenian" excuse we can use now, and I doubt we'll be able to smuggle ourselves into the labyrinth again, to make it look believable.

^ Top  
  5. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    This.

^ Top  
  6. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Treave, requesting a confirmation: Ean thinks the Gieloth presence is Minos, or he knows it is Minos. And can he sense any other gieloth signatures around?

^ Top  
  8. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Why's it so crucial for us to kill, or persuade, Minos anyway? What is there for us in Cyprus, now that Sekhenun is probably long gone and we have the statuette?

^ Top  
  9. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Information on the Gieloth/Master war?

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    We need to know where she went.
    The world is a big place, and Sekhenun is very, very good at laying low. He may have even killed her, and the whole "decadent and powerless" may just be a ruse.

^ Top  
  11. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Minos didn't even know about her. And Sekhenun was hiding from gieloths so I doubt Minos knows anything.

^ Top  
  12. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Yeah, it's wayyyyy big a stretch to even consider Minos knowing about Sekhenun enough to help us. I just don't see clear, tangible benefits, especially since Minos is unlikely to endanger the rest of the region like other Gieloth (Egypt, etc) did/might do. We've been out for decades, then in for a few weeks, then out for a year - let's get things running again. It feels like since that brief stint in Sumeria we've never had a power base, and since Egypt, insufficient knowledge to really make big decisions.

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, where do we start searching for Sekhenun, or at least Mehrune, then? I'm quite sure the good diplomat would drop her next destination to Minos over a conversation.

That whole Minos faking it thing was a bit much, I'll admit.

^ Top  
  15. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    C

^ Top  
  16. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    We should still have access to the Gieloth telepathy network. And if we've become more Gieloth-like then we may be able to understand it better. It might point us to Sekhenun, or at least the Gieloth leader she was concerned about.

^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    From what I understand, she's off the grid, being a traitor and all. The point I'm trying to get across is that Minos has the info we need. Might as well negotiate. Or make up a kunnin' plan a-la Esquilax. But I spammed this vote enough. Gotta let the other bros get a word in.

^ Top  
  18. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    You know, there is one person who might know where Mehrune and Sekhenun went after their visit to Crete: Theseus. I am fairly certain that Ariadne, who is now with Theseus, must have conversed with her at some point and might know their whereabouts.

Yeah, B is just plain dumb. However, A isn't an instant escape option, we could still get fucked up quite badly: it's only the option to run away for the moment in hopes of finding another route out of the palace. We're not out of the woods if we pick A. If we wanted to escape right away, we should have taken Daedalus' wings.

We came in here with two goals: find the statuette and hopefully our sword as well. Our mid-term goal is to find out more about Sekhenun's whereabouts and our condition.

Oh yeah, and I am strongly against any empire building until we've gotten an idea of what we can do about our condition. If we can harness our hunger into some kind of an Eternal Rest ability, we might be able to work with this thing.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I'm with Esquilax here. Find Sekhenun, find out what's what, Emprah stage comes later.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    When we woke up in Daedalus' tower, we learned this:

Okay, so the guy makes trips into the maze to scavenge things. When we died, there was a sword sticking out of our neck. An unusual sword of dark steel that slew a minotaur, clearly of Gieloth make. Daedalus is not a warrior, but I am sure an object like this would be of interest to him.

treave, would Ean have noticed the presence of Anbar-Shi in the room after he ate the guard? Or is it definitely not there? How long would it take for the drawbridge to come down, and could we double back toward Daedalus' tower before the Gieloth presence reaches us? We can head toward the courtyard, use telekinesis to pull down the lever for the drawbridge, then head back toward Daedalus with Minos hot on our heels.

Then there was this conversation:

Deliver what? Deliver the barely living body or the sword? In any case, Minos wanted something from Daedalus, and he was very pissed when Daedalus refused him. What a bro that guy is.

I am on the verge of flopping to D. If Daedalus has our sword, then I am confident about taking Minos on.

^ Top  
  21. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  22. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    D, help out Daedalus and reclaim our sword.

^ Top  
  23. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Good points. I might flip to D depending on what treave says.

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Sword isn't with Daedalus, nope. You know, I don't particularly mind Ean going on a WHERE'S MY SWORD, WHERE IS IT! vengeful investigation. :lol:

^ Top  
  25. Kattze Andhaira

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    C(DISREGARD PLEASE), Let us prove our self to Minos and serve as his retainer (like what we did Sargon). I think it is the only sensible choice given that we haven't had our powers and Minos is a lone-wolf who wouldn't give a fuck about how we fucked over the Gieloths' plans so many times.

treave, would we get a new name as well, if we get to stay around Aegean for a long time? (Ean - Runi - ?)

EDIT: If Minos was really becoming erratic as described earlier, we could even leverage Ariadne's love (If the potion was still working) to become the 'real power behind the throne'. As for Theseus, fuck that loser, we should burn Athens to the ground.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.