Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Looks like for all intents and purposes, we're back to where we were when we awakened in Egypt - seeing as our post-earthquake jaunts have resulted in no short-term gains yet.

Still think we should have gone to Athens, and that backstory proves it :(

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well, C in this update still brings you to Greece, but the days it took to get back to Egypt, the weeks you spent searching for information, and the weeks it'd take to get back to Greece and the time you'd spend just getting to the people who know about this means that certain events have happened to a certain NPC that was supposed to deliver the plot exposition, so you wouldn't get the full tale. Which is why I just unloaded it earlier, because know that Phaedra's blood is on your hands.

:troll:

• M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So, Theseus was a bro after all. And now some extraterrestrial fucks are mindraping him and forcing him to lead a war that will leave Greece in ruins. And if there really is a master down in Athens, I'll bet he made him immortal too.
    Guess we'll just have to hijack an empire and show those soggy cunts whose Terra they're fucking with.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    At the moment, I'm in favour of not feeding too much if we can avoid it. If Sekhenun can easily be reached without alerting Marduk, then we won't need to feed much. I want to learn more about our condition before we inadvertently cause serious problems for ourselves. The update told us that he just got finished conquering the Indus Valley, which we knew from before was full of other Immortals. I am hoping that he is still away on campaign, allowing us to reach Sekhenun without too much trouble.

We already killed his two strongest lieutenants, so I am not sure that there are any Gieloth of considerable power left over there besides him. It's been ~85 years since Tjaru, and I'm not sure that's enough time to replace people like that. We went to Egypt 290 years after we slew the two Gieloth Lords of Egypt besides Sekhenun, and even then she couldn't find someone to replace them.

I doubt it. She was setting up a ritual before we left for the Labyrinth almost two years ago to restore our powers for when we returned with the statuette. This artifact can't have been that important to Marduk if she went to Babylon without it. Besides, if Sekhenun wanted to present us to Marduk, she easily could have done so a long time ago while we were powerless. No, she definitely needed us for a goal of hers that we have yet to determine.

^ Top  
  5. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
  6. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Still with the bro stuff? Remind me to bring you with me next time I get shipped out.

B1. we need to learn more about the local problems and start getting back on our feet

OR

C. If Minos's remaining daughter is still under the love potion we could pick her up AND trounce Theseus for being a nob

^ Top  
  7. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    A. I want to have a nice long chat with Sekhenun. I was hoping for one during the voyage with Mehrune, but it sadly didn't happen :( On a related sidenote, treave, how's Ean's access to the memories of the Gieloth whose mind we shattered? It was supposed to improve with time...

^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Hell hath no fury like a bro scorned. Before I knew the story I was quite literally going to propose we turn the newly created Honourblade into an Honourspear, pierce him through the ass and roast him over a fire for a new meal.
    Which is only marginally worse then what I want to do to him now.
    Turns out he was being played by a bitch. Damn.

^ Top  
  9. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  10. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
  11. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    B1 - We can wait Sekhenum in safety.

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Why do I get the sinking feeling that if we stay in Egypt, Sekhenun isn't coming to us? I mean, Gieloth apparently can sense one another. And she is heading into Marduk's palace.

^ Top  
  13. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    A - because waiting is boring.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Minos' other daughter was slain by Theseus, when she tried to murder Ariadne. Read treave's mini-update about the Theseus affair.

^ Top  
  15. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Exactly I'm talking about the one still living as his wife... nothing says even steven then a sword up the butt and some old fashion NTR

^ Top  
  16. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    A - 8
    B1 - 4

Chapter 5.1: A Tiny Little Hunger

You were in a shanty town just on the outskirts of Babylon. It had taken you three long weeks to get here, though you had found out that Mehrune was still in the city - a stroke of good luck there. It had nearly been a century since you were last in Sumer, and things are different. Everywhere you looked, throughout your journey, there were many homeless and the poor. Farmers subsist on scraps while they work the fields for their masters, the priestly order called the Sons of Marduk. Land ownership was concentrated in the hands of the clergy, with Marduk being elevated as the one god above all. The soldiers and priests were the only ones enjoying the riches of Sumeria, and they were the foundation of Marduk's reign. Human sacrifice had become a large part of the new state religion, as it was with Sekhenun's cult. Though you defeated his top two lieutenants so many years ago, Marduk appears to have found replacements - now he has twelve.

Of course, he probably needs twelve just to make up for those two, you think to yourself.

You hear a small yelp, and a scream. Turning your head, you see a few rough men carrying away a struggling little girl into an alley. Some unbidden memories of your life as a street rat float briefly to the surface before a dark, ugly emotion - a terrible mix of anger and hunger - washes it away. Choking back that feeling, you lose a bit of control and give a desperate, emotional laugh as you hold your head tightly, trying to clear your mind.

"Ah, what's so funny, you busybody?"

The men holding the girl were looking at you. Their leader, a great hulk of a man confronts you, a wood-axe in one hand.

"Were you laughing at me? If people laugh at me they gotta pay up, y'hear?"

His scarred and bearded face glowers, making a practiced attempt at intimidation. You notice a few other people surrounding you with hostile intentions. Adding mugging to their crimes of kidnapping, it seems.

"You do now, do you?" You toss him a coin. It wasn't like you couldn't afford it, after you snuck into your own tomb in Egypt and took some treasures to fund your journey. It's not stealing if they gave it to you as a burial gift. The large man eyes the coin suspiciously, and sneers.

"Hand it all over, worm. This won't even pay for your funeral." Indeed it wouldn't. You smile at him. "That's what your joke of a face is worth, my friend."

His face turns a curious shade of purple as he chokes in rage. "That's it, you're dead!" The man roars as he raises his axe. As he takes a step forward, preparing to chop your head in two, you give his outstretched foot a telekinetic flick. Thrown off balance, he trips and falls right into the path of your incoming fist. There is a loud cracking noise, and his jaw is smashed by your right hook. At that instant, two of the other robbers fall upon you from behind, yelling dire threats. You move backwards with one quick, fast step, not looking at them - as their momentum sends them past you, you whip your knives out, one in each hand, and sink it between their ribs. That was when the rest of the robbers decided to run, leaving their would be abductee behind.

The fight was over in seconds.

You look down at the groaning robbers. Their leader was out cold, and the two you knived would bleed out if they weren't helped. And you were feeling quite peckish after your exertions...

A. You eat. Eating will make you stronger, and you need all the strength you can for what awaits you in Babylon. These were scum who would kidnap a little girl. They would serve far more good to this world as your nourishment than they would ever have done in a hundred years.

B. You resist the temptation to eat. You do not desire to feed unless absolutely necessary, even if these low-lives were kidnappers and robbers. You will find another way to deal with your hunger.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  17. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I think that this bears mentioning:

Perhaps starving ourselves in the short-term might yield other ways of obtaining nourishment that might not stir our addiction further. It always starts with "A Little Hunger", doesn't it? Still, it would make reaching Sekhenun a lot easier, and she is sure to have some clues about our condition, so it might be better in the long run.

Not sure yet.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    EAT! EAT! EEEEAAAAAATTT!

And after that "eat" the girl :incline:

^ Top  
  19. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    B

They are scum and two of them are already dying anyway, so if we really, really need to eat this would be a good opportunity. But before we start snacking on people I would like at least some info from Sekhenun about our condition - what if every time we eat we make the matter worse, needing more and more human flesh? Sekhenun might have some idea how to combat this - she has been doing so for over 80 years now for a similar condition. Resist, it's too risky to give into hunger. Plus there is also the girl - do we really want witnesses to us eating somebody?

^ Top  
  20. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Come to the dark side. "Eat" her, and after that eat her

^ Top  
  21. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    I'd rather we avoid the DEVOUR SOUL option for as long as we can. Somehow it didn't end well for us the last time.

^ Top  
  22. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Which LP was it? Can you give me the link?

Actually I also think that might not be a good idea, but what the hell... A

^ Top  
  23. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    A - I want us to recover, and this is the only way we know that might work at present. These seem like fine candidates for our nourishment. True we might need to mediate how often we eat, but it seems like it'd be a good idea right now. We're still a long way from devouring galaxies, and those worthy of our hunger are not in short supply, nor likely to be in short supply for some time. Remember we have no more second chances at life now, and we're in hostile territory. Every edge we can get is vital, as an abomination to the masters and the gieloth we cannot be weak or else we are done. Our enemies are countless, and we are but one.

^ Top  
  24. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    It was the Act 2 of the root's epic LP of Warhammer 42K.

In it we "have chosen to take the role of Lord Sector Calixis while you struggle to keep the last working sector in the Imperium from falling into chaos while you battle intrigue at every turn. May your choices prove wise."

Spoiler: they didn't.

^ Top  
  25. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    :lol:

What's the cause? You guys get too power-hungry? Or is it the hunger that caused the problem?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.