Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
AMONKHET REMASTERED EVENTS
Premier Draft: August 13–September 17
Sealed: August 13–August 21

are they fucking serious? no bo3 option for "Focus on creating an interesting, repeatable Limited player experience"??????? :argh::argh::argh::argh:

you know, hearthstone has an xpac coming out if I want to play BO1

Unfortunately looks like that state of the game was the Amonkhapeig news drop. We'll get a few spoilers starting on the 10th (Very few, they might be adding some entirely new cards or maybe including some of the masterpiece cards into historic or something) but I guess that's it unless they do a news drop later on the day.

Edit: God fucking damn it third elf pack with allosaurus SO HELP ME GOD WOTC ALL THE GOOD SHIT IS IN THE OTHER ELF PACKS

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
jumpstart doesnt favor me when it comes to obtaining cards i want.
archeology got 50% chance on pulling scholar. I got 1 after grabbing it 7 times.
Craterhoofs in elves package keeps eluding me. Lucily Ive gotten one from ICR.
Still haven't seen liliana package :negative: Garruk on other hand showed up 4 times. I bet that once I open 30 m21 packages Ill be sitting at once event is over, I wont get liliana

Havent seen goblins, I guess thats the one to grab for free wildcards in nearby future

Money wise Jumpstart is a devious jiddish scam on Arena. If you want a single skin specifically you may need to shell out big bux to get it.

I'd trade Liliana packages for Garruk ones. Big titty goth gf is too clingy.

Chandra or bust. Redheads are justice. Shame there are only three playable Chandras.

lukaszek RED ALERT, sounding like Thoughtseize is coming in Amoknheapyho remastered so get ready to force your dick into your opponent's hand even harder. Black's been getting a ton of cool toys for historic lately.

ea5ec419-8392-4f1b-9557-5404ba632bf1.jpg

(supposedly wrath of god was found with the datamining too, but eh)

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i was sure that card would be excluded

in other news im getting quite triggered by kor spiritdancer decks. Pairing it with indestructible from suicide dog or color protection suicide priest is just obnoxious. Add some free exiles and you get everything that is wrong with white.
I hate it way more than gobos actually.

I usually pair a planar cleanse with that artifact that makes all permanents lose indestructible to deal with faggets that play the indestructible abuse decks.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
eyyy my dimir deck made it to plat! only 2 losses from bronze (haven't played ranked in forever lol) all the way up, it's pretty damn strong. And now I can fuck around in plat 4 for the rest of the season. Annnnd for my first experiment::::

Step 1: Play against aggro (***DECK DOES NOT WORK VS UGIN!!***)/Assemble Exodia
gASkoVN.jpg

Step 2: Make one of their creatures an enchantment
H3BofBW.jpg

Step 3: Let them tick up Nine Lives then SWITCHAROOO
RQOPhz8.jpg

Step 4: Ping Face
RahkZSr.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I couldn't break diamond tier 1, but I'm still doing that retarded 250 card deck I posted earlier, with a few updates from ikoria and M21

Finished last "season" at diamond tier 2

and anybody who plays a rotting regisaur deserves to lose. Fuck discarding ur cards for a shot at aggro damage.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Image.ashx

Ayy my boy the hoopoe will be in Amonkhet! Was never even standard playable and is quite shit, but I had a lot of fun with that guy in my first real deck. I am excited to get absolutely butchered in Historic with him.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Image.ashx

Ayy my boy the hoopoe will be in Amonkhet! Was never even standard playable and is quite shit, but I had a lot of fun with that guy in my first real deck. I am excited to get absolutely butchered in Historic with him.
A recognized member of the official trinity of Magic chad UG birds, along with the Horizon Chimera:

Image.ashx

and the Fleetfeather Cockatrice:

Image.ashx

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Image.ashx

A recognized member of the official trinity of Magic chad UG birds, along with the Horizon Chimera:

Image.ashx

and the Fleetfeather Cockatrice:

Image.ashx

I had like 2-3 copies of the Horizon Chimera irl, and I loved those shifty birds. I eventually traded all my playable blue cards to a friend and went monoG, bit still fond memories of that thing. I wish it was reprinted soon.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
someone please explain cabal strongholds to me. The way I see it, requires 5th turn (4 swamps and stronghold) to break even. Whats the deal? whats the magical interaction to be excited about?
It's not legendary, so you can play more copies at the same time, and it gains a lot of value from "untapping" and copying effects.

However, it checks only for basic lands, so it doesn't seem that valuable outside of monoblack decks. It seems a card playable only in mono B commander decks.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
someone please explain cabal strongholds to me. The way I see it, requires 5th turn (4 swamps and stronghold) to break even. Whats the deal? whats the magical interaction to be excited about?

It used to be pretty gud when standard was a tad slower, and there was a viable monoblack deck around. It was used to make a lot of mana to temporarily pump a dread shade, or just resolve a fat walking Ballista. Occasionally it was used to kicker a Josu Vess, Lich Knight aswell.
The deck revolved around very strong removal in a meta where you were less likely to be 2v1 from a Krasis cast trigger or similar bullshit. The Stronghold just sacrifices extremely little (the difference between a B and a C is menial when 90% of your lands produce B) to occasionally win the game with a card you want to be running anyway. Same reason green plays castle Garenbrig as a 3x in Stompy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom