Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

[Spoilers/] Leaks have reveal that the Phyrexians are back and they invade Kaldheim [Spoilers/]
Sounds like it's time for some black power for Luka. And as cool as Phyrexians are, I'm not sure if I really want them. Think I'd be happier if MTG continued doing one-off sets like "Hey we're in fairytale land" and "Hey we're in big stompy monster land" and "Hey Todd Howard just made you buy Skyrim in cardboard form". Even with the announced D&D set feeling a little uninteresting I think it's cool when MTG does drastically different worlds/sets. Stinking everything up with Jace/Bolas/Phyrexia is a bummer. But I'm also a degenerate that wishes MTG would go back to letting the artists do whatever kind of bullshit they want for card art and we'd get comic art like Phil/Kaja Foglio again since the weird variety in art was part of what lured me to MTG many moons ago.

ALSO, good shit on the daily sales. Half-off M21 and Zendikar packs, a discount stack of gems, and a discount draft token. Hoovered up everything but the token since I still have 5 stashed away from mastery passes and I never get around to using them.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
[Spoilers/] Leaks have reveal that the Phyrexians are back and they invade Kaldheim [Spoilers/]
Sounds like it's time for some black power for Luka. And as cool as Phyrexians are, I'm not sure if I really want them. Think I'd be happier if MTG continued doing one-off sets like "Hey we're in fairytale land" and "Hey we're in big stompy monster land" and "Hey Todd Howard just made you buy Skyrim in cardboard form". Even with the announced D&D set feeling a little uninteresting I think it's cool when MTG does drastically different worlds/sets. Stinking everything up with Jace/Bolas/Phyrexia is a bummer. But I'm also a degenerate that wishes MTG would go back to letting the artists do whatever kind of bullshit they want for card art and we'd get comic art like Phil/Kaja Foglio again since the weird variety in art was part of what lured me to MTG many moons ago.

ALSO, good shit on the daily sales. Half-off M21 and Zendikar packs, a discount stack of gems, and a discount draft token. Hoovered up everything but the token since I still have 5 stashed away from mastery passes and I never get around to using them.

I wish they would return to a two set block system. First make a set in a completely new plane introducing the plane and the cool shit on there. Then if you see an opportunity to bring your gay metaplot with Jace and the rest of the Marvel Planeswalker Universe there make a second set on the same plane. A new plane needs some room to breathe before it is bombarded with alien entitites.

also the leak is not that direct, it is a single Phyrexian dinosaur thing running around on Kaldheim. Maybe it is just a teaser for later events. I hope they do not make Ragnarok in the same set where they introduce the plane
Vorinclex-Monstrous-Raider.jpg

Also bonus christmas squirrel

Toski-Bearer-of-Secrets-showcase-KHM-672.jpg

Probably unplayable but definitly a weird bunch of abilties. Really needs vigilance on there somehow to see play imo.

Gyor

Savant

I wish they would return to a two set block system. First make a set in a completely new plane introducing the plane and the cool shit on there. Then if you see an opportunity to bring your gay metaplot with Jace and the rest of the Marvel Planeswalker Universe there make a second set on the same plane. A new plane needs some room to breathe before it is bombarded with alien entitites.

also the leak is not that direct, it is a single Phyrexian dinosaur thing running around on Kaldheim. Maybe it is just a teaser for later events. I hope they do not make Ragnarok in the same set where they introduce the plane
Vorinclex-Monstrous-Raider.jpg

Also bonus christmas squirrel

Toski-Bearer-of-Secrets-showcase-KHM-672.jpg

Probably unplayable but definitly a weird bunch of abilties. Really needs vigilance on there somehow to see play imo.

You use stuff like mutate on that motherfucker.

Gyor

Savant
When Kaldheim comes out I'm thinking about getting Magda and Kaya, adding Magda to my Purphoros and Rowan decks and using using Kaya to build a an Orzhov Angels deck. Kaya Angel deck in historic Brawl deck with Divine Visitation would be even better, instead of Kaya creating a 1/1 Spirit Token, with Divine Visitation she creates a 4/4 Angel.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
WTF is up at WotC opsec, all the high impact chase rares are leaking.

vk88nmtk5c861.jpg

36jxly2r9q861.jpg

wcsbhs11ph861.jpg

Combine the Angel with the Valkyrie enchantment and that is a scary deck to play against.
Also good with Bishop of Wings in historic.

Elephant packs a lot of punch, might be maindeckable.

I do not think Dragon Tribal will be a thing, but the body is good enough on it's own to at least be considered in slower MonoR versions.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
And on it goes

wv7ur59m7x861.jpg

Good card, shit flavour text. Has enough of a niche to not contest with that white 3 mana exiler too much imo.

atyp8d8w8x861.jpg

Alright card for angels, they need more stuff to cast low on curve with relevant typeline. Good for warriors maybe?

0dicjry0yx861.jpg

Hard to judge, but tutor + cost reduction is a dangerous combo.

I am currently not doubting any of the leaks since WotC seems to have accidentaly shipped a few boxes or some other stupid shit.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That foretell mechanic looks like it would work well with my deck philosophy.

I intentionally go minimal on land in the hopes of getting a powerful card every turn.

Gyor

Savant
WTF is up at WotC opsec, all the high impact chase rares are leaking.

vk88nmtk5c861.jpg

36jxly2r9q861.jpg

wcsbhs11ph861.jpg

Combine the Angel with the Valkyrie enchantment and that is a scary deck to play against.
Also good with Bishop of Wings in historic.

Elephant packs a lot of punch, might be maindeckable.

I do not think Dragon Tribal will be a thing, but the body is good enough on it's own to at least be considered in slower MonoR versions.

Yeah, I've already decided to add both Magda and the Dragonkin Berserker to my Purphoros Brawl Deck.

:what:

Weird, noticed there was a historic brawl event going, and it also was giving a random cosmetic, and then on top of THAT I won the Eugene style for it so I actually hit a card that's not only standard playable but likely going to remain historic/pioneer playable. I'll apologize to Scruffy but I'll still say that's some good luck.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
That one is incredible and draining my Wildcards so fast right now. Orzhov Knights, Grixis Pirates, Selesnya Sisay (Highly recommended! Toolbox decks are peak of civilisation) so much new shit to try now that the old sets are in Historic again.

That one is incredible and draining my Wildcards so fast right now. Orzhov Knights, Grixis Pirates, Selesnya Sisay (Highly recommended! Toolbox decks are peak of civilisation) so much new shit to try now that the old sets are in Historic again.
If I wasn't going wild on Cyberpunk I probably should give it a fair shake. I just threw together a random shit-pile of Simic and smashed my face against it until I got through, but in my defense I had two quests for green. Didn't see a Sisay deck but I saw a dude playing that Theros planeswalker never saw play in standard. That Selesnya dude. Basically running a lot of prison cards and then a "Every time you play an enchantment, shit out an angel" enchantment. Looked solid, certainly beat me.

watch out, dont use craft deck functionality. Heard it drains double wildcards
Jesus, I'd fucking hope not.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
watch out, dont use craft deck functionality. Heard it drains double wildcards

That appears to be a rare bug. And it seems to double craft for those that have it, not consume into the void. I checked the copies of the cards I crafted, and I seem to own only one of each.
My WCs are down to 28 rare and 12 mythic, which is realistic after the binge I went on.
Idk where to see account transactions, I am a bit uneasy but I guess I lucked out.

That Selesnya dude. Basically running a lot of prison cards and then a "Every time you play an enchantment, shit out an angel" enchantment. Looked solid, certainly beat me.

There was an event before where you play prebuilt historic brawl, and he was the commander of one of the decks. So a lot of ppl tried him again. I built a better version aswell, including some dank spells like that Unicorn aerie from Jumpstart. Certainly fun.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You don't really need rare or mythic cards to win honestly.

I started off with the few packs they gave me and I didn't even know you could get free cards from promo codes. I just played through and collected packs.

Uncommon cards are what most decks win with at the platinum and lower level imho. Rare and Mythic cards are mostly for style.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Just saying @those who want to play Vampire Tribal:

There are enough Vampires in Historic now that Sorin Imperious Bloodlord is brutal commander in Brawl.
Every T3 is him + Epicure of Blood or another fat vampire.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Just saying @those who want to play Vampire Tribal:

There are enough Vampires in Historic now that Sorin Imperious Bloodlord is brutal commander in Brawl.
Every T3 is him + Epicure of Blood or another fat vampire.
yeah but ever since vampires are white its like playing twilight inspired deck

But Sorin is black so if you choose him as a commander you are not allowed to play white cards ;)

tNhwEKG.jpg

As you can see not a single pesky white vampire in sight.
The deck is unoptimised since I made it this morning, but it slaps shit like Omnath and Bolas easily already.

This you?
100%. Technically got my treasure trove of shekels banked for the next set and next anthology and all that jazz but I always have to get at least a single win in every day for the 250 gold prize and always have to clear out my quests so I don't miss out on any. But when I'm not feeling too magical I'll just auto-pilot some netdecks to get that one win a day. Been doing Rakdos midrange the last few days since even though it's not amazing where I'm at (Low silver currently) it's simple enough to pilot and fun enough and quick enough that it ticks all the boxes for ideal deck for really short bursts. Ramp nerd fits the bill for historic brawl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom