Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
trying to prepare a pile for 100brawl event. Used my terraforming korvold as a base and just added cool cards.

Anyone care to help me trim 6 cards? or even worse, point cards that i forgot
Commander
1 Korvold, Fae-Cursed King (ELD) 329

Deck
1 Dragonmaster Outcast (WWK) 81
1 Escape to the Wilds (ELD) 189
1 Scute Swarm (ZNR) 203
1 Temple of Malice (THB) 247
1 Rootbound Crag (XLN) 256
1 Woodland Cemetery (DAR) 248
1 Explore (JMP) 393
1 Evolving Wilds (AKR) 292
1 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
1 Spikefield Hazard (ZNR) 166
1 Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (THB) 169
1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking (M21) 173
1 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
1 Oracle of Mul Daya (JMP) 415
1 Wayward Swordtooth (RIX) 150
1 Turntimber Symbiosis (ZNR) 215
1 Zendikar's Roil (JMP) 448
1 Mountain (ZNR) 277
1 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
1 Forest (KLR) 300
1 Field of the Dead (M20) 247
1 Swamp (JMP) 58
1 Nylea's Intervention (THB) 188
1 Phyrexian Tower (JMP) 493
1 Command Tower (ELD) 333
1 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
1 Temple of Malady (M21) 253
1 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
1 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
1 Scapeshift (M19) 201
1 Memorial to Folly (DAR) 242
1 Radha, Heart of Keld (M21) 224
1 Vraska, Golgari Queen (GRN) 213
1 The Gitrog Monster (SOI) 245
1 Elvish Reclaimer (M20) 169
1 Arcane Signet (ELD) 331
1 Woe Strider (JMP) 123
1 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
1 Bojuka Bog (WWK) 132
1 Hagra Mauling (ZNR) 106
1 Shatterskull Smashing (ZNR) 161
1 Blast Zone (WAR) 244
1 Crucible of Worlds (M19) 229
1 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
1 Maelstrom Pulse (ARB) 92
1 Abrade (AKR) 136
1 Epic Downfall (ELD) 85
1 Bala Ged Recovery (ZNR) 180
1 Bolas's Citadel (WAR) 79
1 Mayhem Devil (WAR) 204
1 Cragcrown Pathway (ZNR) 261
1 Lotus Cobra (ZNR) 193
1 Canyon Slough (AKR) 284
1 Blooming Marsh (KLR) 280
1 Sheltered Thicket (AKR) 330
1 Temple of Abandon (THB) 244
1 Ramunap Excavator (AKR) 211
1 Demonic Pact (AKR) 99
1 Treacherous Blessing (THB) 117
1 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger (THB) 221
1 Valki, God of Lies (KHM) 114
1 Immersturm Predator (KHM) 214
1 Beledros Witherbloom (STX) 163
1 Young Pyromancer (JMP) 372
1 Sedgemoor Witch (STX) 86
1 Cauldron Familiar (JMP) 216
1 Witch's Oven (ELD) 237
1 Trail of Crumbs (ELD) 179
1 Feasting Troll King (ELD) 152
1 Binding the Old Gods (KHM) 206
1 Plumb the Forbidden (STX) 81
1 Thoughtseize (AKR) 127
1 Mind Stone (WTH) 153
1 Mazemind Tome (M21) 232
1 Casualties of War (WAR) 187
1 Llanowar Elves (M19) 314
1 Phyrexian Arena (8ED) 152
1 Blightstep Pathway (KHM) 252
1 Darkbore Pathway (KHM) 254
1 Necroblossom Snarl (STX) 269
1 Journey to Eternity (RIX) 160
1 Crawling Barrens (ZNR) 262
1 Scavenger Grounds (AKR) 328
1 Treasure Map (XLN) 250
1 Tangled Florahedron (ZNR) 211
1 Field of Ruin (XLN) 254
1 Bloodchief's Thirst (ZNR) 94
1 Thrashing Brontodon (RIX) 148
1 Solemn Simulacrum (M21) 239
1 Angrath's Rampage (WAR) 185
1 Feed the Swarm (ZNR) 102
1 Cultivate (STA) 51
1 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
1 Torment of Hailfire (AKR) 128
1 Terramorphic Expanse (JMP) 78
1 World Shaper (ANB) 110
1 Broken Bond (DAR) 157
1 Heartless Act (IKO) 91
1 Underrealm Lich (GRN) 211
1 Soul Shatter (ZNR) 127
1 Woodland Chasm (KHM) 274
1 Sulfurous Mire (KHM) 270
1 Highland Forest (KHM) 261
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
1 Forest (ZNR) 280

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still just farming cards and gold. I'm not putting too much effort into deck building until shit rotates.

It was nice to get some free mythic wild cards from the time warp ban though.

Gyor

Savant
At least 2 cards for AFR are being revealed tomorrow. The 2 cards I know about are being revealed on Dragon Talk at 11am PST which is 2pm est. There might be another reveal during the Week of Legend Lore D&D announcements tomorrow.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I don't get why they still refuse to give us a historic brawl queue. I'll play some games and do some quests i guess, but in no way will i ever spend money on that game as long as they shit on their players preferences so blatantly.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't get why they still refuse to give us a historic brawl queue. I'll play some games and do some quests i guess, but in no way will i ever spend money on that game as long as they shit on their players preferences so blatantly.

Absolutely. I have completely dropped the game by now, despite fixing my technical errors along the way.
The way they have these extra modes that the community clearly desires, like Historic Brawl, Artisan, Pauper, but instead of just giving them to us they dangle them ahead like the carrot on a stick, you you keep grinding the standard queue which is degrees of cancer most of the time.
If we get permanent historic brawl along the way I might return, but for some reason the current ranked experience is extremely boring for me. And I even like Izzet usually.
No longer being in the daily rewards treadmill is nice tho, although I need a new game to play while listening to podcasts now.

Doktor Best

Arcane

Absolutely. I have completely dropped the game by now, despite fixing my technical errors along the way.
The way they have these extra modes that the community clearly desires, like Historic Brawl, Artisan, Pauper, but instead of just giving them to us they dangle them ahead like the carrot on a stick, you you keep grinding the standard queue which is degrees of cancer most of the time.
If we get permanent historic brawl along the way I might return, but for some reason the current ranked experience is extremely boring for me. And I even like Izzet usually.
No longer being in the daily rewards treadmill is nice tho, although I need a new game to play while listening to podcasts now.

Ever tried Runeterra? It is less complex with maximum number of creatures on the board and no graveyard mechanics, but it cuts a lot of bullshit from MTG also. It is very well balanced, has blocker assignment in attack phases, interaction on enemy turns with different spell speeds, free mixing of colors (maximum of 2 though). And most importantly you can play a few games a week and build a really decent collection with zero dollar spent. If you spend real cash, you get wild cards and no random pack bullshit.

It is also much better to play on a smartphone. Magic Arena is too sluggish for that imho.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ever tried Runeterra? It is less complex with maximum number of creatures on the board and no graveyard mechanics

I had high hopes for Runeterra, I played League of Legends for a few years, and I like the characters.
The problem is when it comes down to the meat of the game it is just inferior to Magic. Almost every card game is, I have found very few I could even call a sidegrade. They way they have made split-second an evergreen game mechanic is just infuriating. Also to quote one of my favourite card game youtubers Merchant: Runeterra is the game with the best mechanics that still manages to consistently have the most boring metas. Also I know Rito games, they are no strangers to stealth nerfing the economy in the future aswell. At the end of the day you are picking your poison.
I gave it a fair shot, not for me.

I currently do not play any online card games at all, but new ones are shooting up every year. It is just the question wether one of those manages to capture my attention first, or WOTC reels me back in with permanent historic brawl or historic pauper.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Thac0 he was owner and creator of brawl hall discord. Then one day, uqite recently decided to kill it(without passing on someone else). There is still nothing that would match its size

there is hope that they will bring h brawl as 100 cards format...

How so? They announced one event in that format, which doesnt mean anything, or did i miss something?
That event was supposed to happen a while back. Its coming now, even 2 of them. There is some thinking that perhaps they would consider 100 cards one to be worth putting into permanent queue as 100 cards would drain some wildcards.
In short you didnt miss anything official, just speculation

6q2K3ib.jpg

My mission is finally accomplished and presumably I can finally start spending wildcards again. Though I was only holding back on mythic wildcards just because I wanted to hit over 100 on everything so that's evidence that I'll still hoard them like an idiot due to the rares, but oh well. Last rare craft was probably thoughtseize months ago.

Shitposter
6q2K3ib.jpg

My mission is finally accomplished and presumably I can finally start spending wildcards again. Though I was only holding back on mythic wildcards just because I wanted to hit over 100 on everything so that's evidence that I'll still hoard them like an idiot due to the rares, but oh well. Last rare craft was probably thoughtseize months ago.
o6H92mI.jpg

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
thats some hoarding. You also didnt spend much on drafts and jumpstart this time around. Did you get anthologies?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i still cant let jumpstart go. One day you think you are done, then you pull 5 rares for 2k gold. I just cant let it go for card hoarding reasons. Still no Drana though :negative:

thats some hoarding. You also didnt spend much on drafts and jumpstart this time around. Did you get anthologies?
Yep, only anthology I missed was the very first one since I figured fuck historic. Which is kind of a pain in the ass since that one's got some good shit in it but such is life, I can craft some phyrexian arenas as I need them. Didn't go super hard on drafts for Strix and skipped Jumpstart entirely this time around even though I went bananas on it the first time it was here. Can't even remember what I spent on it, probably 70k gold or something. Enjoyed playing it, enjoyed collecting the land art (IIRC I'm just missing one. Which might be reason to play a few runs just because. I remember it was one I didn't much care for though, think it was a forest), and the card rewards are nice. Only ever pulled one Drana out of it myself even though I ended up with a full playset of Vito by the end.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Only ever pulled one Drana out of it myself even though I ended up with a full playset of Vito by the end.
amateur..
i got playset of vito, sangromancer and 3x excuisite blood... that last copy is only reason i might still be grabbing vampires

amateur..
i got playset of vito, sangromancer and 3x excuisite blood... that last copy is only reason i might still be grabbing vampires
Exquisite blood's a goodie, I always think about trying to do a combo deck with it and then I never do. Ended up with 3 sangromancers and 2 exquisite bloods. By and large I didn't get playsets of the really cool shit in Jumpstart. Didn't get any copies of Mikaeus (I know he's wh*te but still!), no rise of the dark realms, no Selvala. One copy of craterhoof, 3 Muxus, 2 lavamancer, 1 dualcaster, 3 Gisa, 3 Tinybones, 2 phyrexian towers, 3 Bruvac. Did get a playset of Kira which is cash money I suppose even though sweepers are probably more of a pain than spot removal. TECHNICALLY there's enough good stuff left to justify playing more Jumpstart but I think I got enough of the good shit to call it and craft pieces I'm missing if and when needed.

Newfag-er

Liturgist
Ran historic brawl for the weebo version of lightning helix. In the beginning was expected pain but ended up enjoy it with my Kinnan deck.

Who knew mana and permanents could be this excellent :happytrollboy:

:troll:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom