Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Alrund's Epiphany, Divide by Zero, and Faceless Haven banned in standard. And wait, what's this? WHAT'S THIS? NO.... NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo
(3feri unbanned in historic in his new form)
(and yes the bane of fun warrants a giant image)
(edit: damn it this is is a new page alright here's a smaller 3feri picture)

Teferi-Time-Raveler-magic-arena-rebalanced-WAR-265.jpg

Last edited:
In honor of 3feri being unbanned in historic I take this opportunity to be an ass in Tuesday Night Magic by playing mono wh*te book of exalted deeds control, thank you.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Ill be upset once ranks reset and I get back to historic ranked for few days

also, damn those alchemy centric events are annoying

Newfag-er

Liturgist
Like and understand the standard changes

Guess they avoid addressing the issue in regard with the Mtga economy

They are also going thru with the plan on rebalancing cards on MTGA

Am personally unsure how long standard could entertain here

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
cool azusa deck by lvd
https://aetherhub.com/Deck/azusa-brawl

I never valued her highly but man... fetch land repeatedly cast from graveyard is something else.

Guess they avoid addressing the issue in regard with the Mtga economy
yeah and for alchemy im so behind. Granted i wasnt very active with drafts in recent sets, but when I copy random deck for alchemy event I need to burn like 15wc

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ze7ik9l5z9e81.png

happy tergrid noises. Also this is only 3rd black enchantment removal. New card to be seen in all black decks

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Tribute-to-Horobi-showcase-NEO-672.jpg
Echo-of-Deaths-Wail-showcase-NEO-672.jpg

as usual, when black gets cool/interesting cards, *hite gets cool top decks that works everywhere
Brilliant-Restoration-NEO-672.jpg
Invoke-Justice-NEO-672.jpg

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
soo, next season ends after kamigawa release but we still get crimson vow rewards? Oo
its always the case. New set is released mid month, 15 or so days later you receive ranked rewards with cards from previous pack

One nice thing about alchemy is that after the standard ban on epiphany and I got a playset of it for free, it's NOT banned in alchemy so I can go molest people in there with it. Unsurprisingly it's not a very fun deck, but that satisfies my curiosity anyway.

The bad thing about MTG currently is the only damn deck in the world that scratches my itch is historic brawl Jadar. I try other brawl decks (And standard decks) and see some cool stuff in all of them, but for whatever reason that's the only one I never get tired of. I guess because I like aristocrats shit in general so having a commander that constantly shits out sacrifice fodder makes my brain fizz.

Newfag-er

Liturgist
Mirroridin more specifically New Pyrexia is a personal favorite set

Really looking forward to this set.

Despite everything that has happened in Arena

Reapa

Doom Preacher
why does the daily quest give me a rare and 20 gems? it used to be it only gave an uncommon/rare/mythic but no extra gems.

why does the daily quest give me a rare and 20 gems? it used to be it only gave an uncommon/rare/mythic but no extra gems.
Your individual card reward (ICR) rolled a rare you already owned a full playset of, which then gets turned into 20 gems because WotC is the devil.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Your individual card reward (ICR) rolled a rare you already owned a full playset of, which then gets turned into 20 gems because WotC is the devil.
i thought as much, but they also gave me another rare i didn't have a full set of in addition to the gems, on the same win. i did check to see if the rare i got belonged to a full set and it was just the second in my collection. so they must have replaced the full set rare with the gems and gave me another rare on top. which makes them less devily.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
The preview for the new Kamigawa set on the title screen looks like fucking Cyberpunk. Jesus, WotC. :negative:

Jadar brawl against Edgar charmed groom, that was an obscenely fucking fun game. Vampire deck unsurprisingly came out of the deck swinging, dude had phyrexian arena and that new 4 mana Sorin along with the 4 mana orzhov Sorin from WAR, was pulling shit out of his graveyard drawing, drawing cards, at around 40 life, shitting out endless tokens and then gaining anthem with Edgar, etc. Most honorable Jadar deck couldn't keep up with the shenanigans (Especially after a thirst killing Jadar on turn 3) except HOLDING ON BY THE SKIN OF MY TEETH. FINALLY GET A LOLTH INTO PLAY. FIGHTING BACK THE SWARM. MAKING SHIT PLAYS LIKE USING RANKLE AS A 3/3 FLIER BEATSTICK TO PRESSURE SORIN, AHHHHHHHH THE PRESSURE. Even making mind-bending plays like village rites on my own cavalier to pull woe strider out of the graveyard so I have 2 blockers instead of just 1. Sacrificing nearly my entire team with woe strider in a desperation play that would leave me dead on board. Lolth is over 10 loyalty from all the sacrifices, scrying and digging through my deck, AND THERE SHE IS. MASSACRE GIRL. My turn, untap, massacre wipes the entire board and Lolth continually keeps -3ing for spiders since she's got infinite goddamn loyalty. Opponent's at something like 50 fucking life and I'm at 4. His hand's empty and his board is finally cleared except for the orzhov 4 mana Sorin, but next turn I should be able to bonk him with menace. Opponent does have arena in play so he's drawing two a turn though so the pressure's still on. Eventually get myself down to 1 life by using Lolth for extra draws to desperately try to find some gas, and THERE IT FUCKING IS. BLOOD ARTIST, PRAISE THE LORD. Opponent had largely rebuilt his board at this point (Also Edgar constantly shitting out tokens and respawning of course) and I had a million spiders, but opponent draws the Ixalan vampire that pings for each vampire he attacks with. Fortunately woe strider was played out of the yard so I start sacrificing the team, including recurring shitheads like that goddamn 2 mana artifact and the zendikar shade and a decayed zombie and stop myself dying from the pings, then sacrifice blockers to deny combat damage so his lifelinkers don't heal him, all while scrying a million times to find lethal on the crackback.

That was some goddamn Magic. So much fucking back and forth and razor edges. Always amazing when you get a match like that.

:bioware:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
for midweek magic looks like most ar erunning endless creature sheaningans at turn 4. If you want to have both fun and some chance by punishing such behavior try this:

Deck
4 Massacre Wurm (M21) 114
4 Clackbridge Troll (ELD) 84
4 Blood Artist (JMP) 206
4 Thoughtseize (AKR) 127
4 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
5 Swamp (ANB) 116
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
2 Phyrexian Tower (JMP) 493
4 Rampaging Ferocidon (XLN) 154
4 Dowsing Dagger (XLN) 235
4 Trespasser's Curse (AKR) 129
3 Shock (ANB) 84
1 Shock (M21) 159
2 Grim Lavamancer (JMP) 331
3 Lightning Strike (JMP) 152
1 Lightning Strike (M19) 152
5 Mountain (ANB) 114
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241

Sideboard
3 Brain Maggot (JOU) 62
2 Eliminate (M21) 97
3 Grafdigger's Cage (M20) 227
2 Storm's Wrath (THB) 157
2 Phyrexian Arena (8ED) 152
2 Necromentia (M21) 116
1 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger (THB) 221

its old deck of mine that I pull only during all access since i dont want to burn 5rare2mythic wc to finish it. Each time I play it I do consider doing so though.

There is also following, slightly different take on this archetype:
https://aetherhub.com/Deck/kardur-goad-control

EDIT: mixed those 2 and crafted after all. Took it to silver ranked. Went down a 1.5 rank after a bunch of games. You cant have jank fun :negative:

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
for midweek magic looks like most ar erunning endless creature sheaningans at turn 4. If you want to have both fun and some chance by punishing such behavior try this:

Deck
4 Massacre Wurm (M21) 114
4 Clackbridge Troll (ELD) 84
4 Blood Artist (JMP) 206
4 Thoughtseize (AKR) 127
4 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
5 Swamp (ANB) 116
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
2 Phyrexian Tower (JMP) 493
4 Rampaging Ferocidon (XLN) 154
4 Dowsing Dagger (XLN) 235
4 Trespasser's Curse (AKR) 129
3 Shock (ANB) 84
1 Shock (M21) 159
2 Grim Lavamancer (JMP) 331
3 Lightning Strike (JMP) 152
1 Lightning Strike (M19) 152
5 Mountain (ANB) 114
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241

Sideboard
3 Brain Maggot (JOU) 62
2 Eliminate (M21) 97
3 Grafdigger's Cage (M20) 227
2 Storm's Wrath (THB) 157
2 Phyrexian Arena (8ED) 152
2 Necromentia (M21) 116
1 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger (THB) 221

its old deck of mine that I pull only during all access since i dont want to burn 5rare2mythic wc to finish it. Each time I play it I do consider doing so though.

There is also following, slightly different take on this archetype:
https://aetherhub.com/Deck/kardur-goad-control

EDIT: mixed those 2 and crafted after all. Took it to silver ranked. Went down a 1.5 rank after a bunch of games. You cant have jank fun :negative:
what beat you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom