Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

J1M

Arcane
They are making ME5. Adding new stuff in trilogy would require too much of work.

Why bother even remastering the trilogy?
For corporate: easy money and a cheap way to revive the franchise in the minds of potential customers for the next installment.
For gamers: the only way to acquire all of the DLC at this point is to head to the high seas. Even if you could find it in one place, the cost would be far higher than what they are charging for the trilogy.

Tytus

Arcane
They are making ME5. Adding new stuff in trilogy would require too much of work.

For corporate: easy money and a cheap way to revive the franchise in the minds of potential customers for the next installment.
For gamers: the only way to acquire all of the DLC at this point is to head to the high seas. Even if you could find it in one place, the cost would be far higher than what they are charging for the trilogy.

Not to mention it will be 14 years in 2021 since ME1 launched. A whole new market of customers grew up in the meantime that can be tapped into.

Caim

Arcane
Not to mention it will be 14 years in 2021 since ME1 launched. A whole new market of customers grew up in the meantime that can be tapped into.
I'd love to introduce a new generation of gamers to the wacky adventures of Commander Shepard. Have them learn of this large universe filled with all sorts of aliens and adventures. Have them discover the Reapers, assemble a team to take on the Collectors, get ready to take back Earth. Have them grow in love with the setting, the characters, the choices, the memes...

And then hit them with its shittacular ending. :troll:

racofer

Thread Incliner
I'd love to introduce a new generation of gamers to the wacky adventures of Commander Shepard. Have them learn of this large universe filled with all sorts of aliens and adventures. Have them discover the Reapers, assemble a team to take on the Collectors, get ready to take back Earth. Have them grow in love with the setting, the characters, the choices, the memes...

And then hit them with its shittacular ending. :troll:

x0Hw8Zf.png

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Watch as in 10 years the Codex will hail ME 2 as the best of the series simply because we have hot chicks in them that: shoot baddies, have a sense of drive in life and tight family connections.

We will prosternate ourselves at the altar of the ass-shot.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Watch as in 10 years the Codex will hail ME 2 as the best of the series simply because we have hot chicks in them that: shoot baddies, have a sense of drive in life and tight family connections.

In 10 years time all games will have become so filled with PC propaganda and identity politics, that the ME series will be labeled as white supremacist.

Caim

Arcane
Between this and Kolyat being a reskin of his dad, Thane just can't get a break when it comes to being used for lazy copypasta.

Avarize

Magister

Imagine current day devs designing the character of Miranda.

Caim

Arcane

She'd be a strong, independent woman who don't need no man who ends up being extremely bland. So kinda like Jacob, except without finding someone else and getting a kid with that person. Mass Effect 3 was very ahead of the times by cucking the player like that.

:troll:

J1M

Arcane

She'd be a strong, independent woman who don't need no man who ends up being extremely bland. So kinda like Jacob, except without finding someone else and getting a kid with that person. Mass Effect 3 was very ahead of the times by cucking the player like that.

Women in games aren't allowed to be attractive or have nice bodies anymore. It's 2020, bigot.

Avarize

Magister

Some wokie should write a 10k word article about how Jacob reinforces harmful racial stereotypes.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I don't think ME5 will be sequel to Andromeda because the way new ship looks, more importantly, how it's different than any spaceship from Andromeda.

This is new universe, different technology with new characters with some old races.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
I don't thinks ME5 will be sequel to Andromeda because the way new ship looks, more importantly, how it's different than any spaceship from Andromeda.

This is new universe, different technology with new characters with some old races.
Similar to Andromeda, you have removed the reasons why fans of Mass Effect might care about said new game.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Ah, Bioware.

When you can't get anyone excited about your current releases, dig up the corpse of the old games from back when you were still good, put some lipstick on them, and parade them around for some $$$.

The parade of corpses should serve as a distraction to newcomers from the fact there is nothing of worth to see in the current studio.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Actually, it's pretty funny to think about the old games through the lens of modern Bioware in general. God, imagine how they'd approach something like Cerberus or the genophage. Honestly, I'm talking myself into supporting a full-on reboot.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd buy this for a dollar if it were on GOG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom