Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I want to be hyped for the new mass effect but Bioware ...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Meh, "intends to improve them"... in other words minimal effort went into it.

d9ynKz5.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's with the screenshots? Post links.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Happy N7 Day!

It’s tough keeping a big secret (and we really struggled to keep this one a surprise) but now it’s official: today we announced the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! We’ve heard (for years!) your requests for a Mass Effect remaster, so we’re super happy to finally reveal that we’ve been working on a remastered edition of the Mass Effect trilogy.

MassEffect-LE_Key-Art_16x9_RGB-1024x576.jpg

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can’t say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we’ll be going next.

mud-skipper-1024x515.jpg

For me personally, Mass Effect represents years of work and countless special memories, so every year I feel incredibly fortunate to celebrate N7 Day with players around the world. Thank you so much for supporting us over the years. I can’t wait to continue our adventure together – revisiting our favorite memories in the Mass Effect universe, and creating brand new ones!

Casey

J1M

Arcane
Seems like a weird miss not to call it something like Spectre Edition, N7 Collection, or just Mass Effect Trilogy.

Sounds like no gameplay revamp or release date.

Time to form an unholy alliance with the danger hairs and pressure for a 5th ending to Mass Effect 3.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
"a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe."
Just like the ones hard at work on that Dragon Age 4, right? :smug:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
"a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe."
Just like the ones hard at work on that Dragon Age 4, right?

Old team from anthem and one team from dragon age. They have a lot new people. They've been heavy restructured since 2019, moved to giant studio.

74087682-bioware-4-s.jpg

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Haha fuck these rumors. Frostbite engine, new quests... it was all lies. Filthy lies. Jason Schreier is a liar.
No offense, but it's your fault for thinking this was going to be anything other than this.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haha fuck these rumors. Frostbite engine, new quests... it was all lies. Filthy lies. Jason Schreier is a liar.
No offense, but it's your fault for thinking this was going to be anything other than this.

There was a chance, considering how C&C got remastered.

Edit:

But then again when I think about it, C&C was mostly a face lift... like this one.

Quillon

Arcane
better res only? not even ME3 gameplay in 2 and especially 1?... fuck that

KVVRR

Learned
Why does EA decide to can the entirety of Viceral Studios yet still keep these people around even after 3, Andromeda AND Anthem?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anthem gets a lot of hate and it did have some issues, but the core gameplay loop was pretty fun. If they would've went for a better single player campaign instead of aiming at the perpetual looter shooter Destiny genre, I think it'd have been much better received (alternatively, made more content, better loot, etc.).

EDIT: I'm serious. If you're rating this and haven't played it, you should try it. You can usually find it for like $5 or less. Assuming it hasn't changed for the worse since the overhaul (I played it before that and not since), you might like it.

Last edited:

RepHope

Savant
Why does EA decide to can the entirety of Viceral Studios yet still keep these people around even after 3, Andromeda AND Anthem?
Probably because at least with Bioware they owned the IPs, whereas Visceral was working on a Star Wars game that didn’t pan out (fuck EA for ruining Dead Space).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom