Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Hammerite

Novice
Well, it's not all bad. At least I'm saving money on this one.

ferratilis

Magister
No. 1 top seller on Steam, with RE8 being second. Reviews are mostly 9s. Sheeple are hype af, just look at ME subreddit. Decline all around.

To make things worse, other companies will see how successful this shit is, and thus the bar for future remasters has been significantly lowered, as if it's not low enough already.

:negative:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No. 1 top seller on Steam, with RE8 being second. Reviews are mostly 9s. Sheeple are hype af, just look at ME subreddit. Decline all around.

To make things worse, other companies will see how successful this shit is, and thus the bar for future remasters has been significantly lowered, as if it's not low enough already.

:negative:

I think the remaster bar is firmly embedded in the ground at this point.

That ship sailed long ago.

mogwaimon

Magister
this is what happens when you push the 'better graphics!!!' meme over actual art design and aesthetics.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I'm not sure I get it. Isn't this the fandom that mercilessly bashed Andromeda for its derpy graphics? Why is this getting a pass?

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Did they make any gameplay changes to Mass Effect 1? I started replaying it a year ago and it wasn't a lot of fun. That would be the only interesting feature of a remake.

Deleted member 7219

Did they make any gameplay changes to Mass Effect 1? I started replaying it a year ago and it wasn't a lot of fun. That would be the only interesting feature of a remake.

Snappier gunplay (but the cooldown system has been kept), greater EXP gain so you can hit max level on a single playthrough, easier Mako controls although you can toggle the original controls if you wish.

jackofshadows

Magister
According to some small review, now you basically don't have to put points into wep skills in order to use them. I.e. right away shooting with sniper rifle etc. Overheating and medi-gel cooldowns were also relaxed significantly. They didn't compensate these changes for AI apparantely thus as a result, early/mid game difficulty has collapsed.

Last edited:

retinoid

Savant
Another case of retarded devs making global lighting changes for the sake of making changes and completely fucking up the artistic intent of the original scene. What a surprise, never seen that before.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://blog.bioware.com/2021/05/13/thank-you-from-the-mass-effect-legendary-team/

Thank You from The Mass Effect Legendary Team

Hello again, everyone!

By this time tomorrow, Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition will be in your hands. It’s been a long-awaited day for all of us on the team, but you—our community—have been asking for this for years. Just like in 2007, thousands of people are getting ready to don the N7 armor for the very first time—but this time, thousands more are dusting off their old gear for the adventure ahead.

To us, the Legendary Edition is more than just a remaster. It‘s also a celebration of you—our community—so we’ve been putting together a celebration video in honor of Mass Effect fans around the world. You’re as much part of this journey as we are, and it only felt right to celebrate you.

We’ve also been celebrating our fans with #MyShepard on social media since the reveal of the Legendary Edition, spotlighting community creations and more on the Mass Effect accounts. Check it out!

#MyShepard is for those who’ve been with us since the beginning, who’ve recently joined our community, and who are preparing to come along in the future. Thousands of players have used this hashtag to share their fan creations, custom key arts, favorite Mass Effect moments, real-world experiences, and so much more. Without all of you, Mass Effect could never have become what it is today.

Today, we wanted to spotlight some amazing community creations, though we wish we could share them all! So many beautiful pieces and personal moments have been captured through #MyShepard, so thank you so much for sharing them with us! Once the game is out, be sure to use the in-game photo mode to share some of your favorite moments with Shepard using that hashtag, too. We’ll always be keeping an eye out.

Here’s to your Shepard—the Commander we all need, ready to face the galaxy.

Source 1: LRTrevelyan | Source 2: Lethendralis | Source 3: goblinpoof | Source 4: Tipanot | Source 5: Lazare | Source 6: Lark | Source 7: mialie | Source 8: Shaya Fury

Here’s to your squad and those who stood by you on your journey, fighting to the end at your side.

Source 1: .maitimo | Source 2: NorthernLady_1984 | Source 3: thenoosh22 | Source 4: Mel Trevelyan | Source 5: Eto Gabashvili | Source 6: Anna Fitzpatrick | Source 7: Yukidoe | Source 8: Blackdog Podcast | Source 9: Amduscia | Source 10: windswildkid

Here’s to our community, bringing Mass Effect to life in ways we could have never imagined.

Source 1: ND Cosplay & Bendershield | Source 2: Spectrecos | Source 3: Vespid Sage | Source 4: Sophie | Source 5: Ingis Art | Source 6: Mary & Feinobi | Source 7: Natalie & Michael | Source 8: Jan “Zoidy” Huňka (Cosplay) & Shial (Photographer) | Source 9: Pōhutukaryl Cosplay (Ashley), Multiversal Cosplay (Legion), Cosplay Cuties (Ash’s jacket), Kohika Creative (Photographer)

And here’s to our favorite Commanders on the Citadel who helped start it all. They’ve been with us every step of the way and we couldn’t have asked for better.

Source: NightCatty (Art), Mark Meer (MaleShep), Jennifer Hale (FemShep)

We know how much Mass Effect means to you, and it’s a privilege to bring you these games. They mean the world to us, too! So as one final message, we wanted to thank you personally.

Thank You

For over 17 years, Mass Effect has been a constant companion for me in my professional and personal life. I can’t really imagine a world without it, and I hear many of our fans say the same. The journey that’s brought us together—fans and developers—has been an amazing shared experience.

Thank you.

Thank you for your passion, and for your excitement, and for enthusiastically joining us on this incredible journey.

Also, thank you to all the developers who worked on the original trilogy—all their hard work and innovation made this possible. And of course, thank you to the entire Legendary team whose passion carried us through the last 21 months and a global pandemic to bring Mass Effect to 2021 and a new generation of players. It’s been humbling and immensely rewarding to work with both of these teams and be part of the Mass Effect adventure.

And so, the journey continues.

Tomorrow, over 14 years after the first Mass Effect was released, the Legendary Edition will bring new fans and old fans together as you embark on Shepard’s adventure. Thousands of choices and hundreds of hours of sci-fi epic await you. I can’t wait to see where it takes us next.

—Mac Walters, Project Director

Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
Another case of retarded devs making global lighting changes for the sake of making changes and completely fucking up the artistic intent of the original scene. What a surprise, never seen that before.
yea I saw the same thing with some Batman Arkham Knight remaster which had a certain dark, shadowy tone going on & then the remaster changed the lighting and made all the cutscenes looks weird

Old Hans

Arcane
These are exactly the people I envision when I think "Mass Effect fans". I find them adorable, though.
yea those are the people on the reddit sub forums for games you wanna find information for, but its always full of "I made a mass effect pillow cover for my boyfriend"

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom