Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
The original:
Desktop_Screenshot_2021.05.12_-_12.34.54.76.png

The remaster:
CxWoWdH.jpg

Ouch! Liara, I feel sorry for you.

They could've used the ME2 LOTSB texture and change eye colours, it would've been 10x better

238-1614808037-171737234.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
When your remaster looks worse than a 10+ year old game: Mass Effect Edition.

BioWare is so dead they can't even get cashgrabbing right.

The time has come, for me to finally try this

Unless I manage to get a key for Solasta or I take too long in completing this and Solasta comes out, then this game can go fuck itself

mkultra

Augur
The boring lighting is a direct result of them switching over to the engine handling all that, before they faked the lighting. Now it's real-time and realistic (=environment is supposed to create atmosphere on its own by casting shadows, spreading light naturally - e.g white skin will reflect light realistically). Obviously it doesn't work here because the environment is too empty and dull. The game and its levels, characters wasn't created with this rendering in mind.

It's very lazily done, they changed to modern rendering methods, but didn't give a crap that the environment and architecture for the most part just isn't complex enough to create anything interesting out of that change, it'll just look flat.

ADL

Prophet
Did normies really seethe about the mako controls in ME1? I don't remember having a problem with it but I played the PC port and it was totally fine.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Even the die-hards over on the Mass Effect reddit are bitching about the lighting. They are all hoping a day 1 patch will fix it. Honestly, I don't think it's likely. Believe it or not, this seems to be what Bioware intended.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Why do all the human characters now look like they've lost a vicious boxing match at some point? I realize the lighting has considerably worsened in this remaster, but surely that alone isn't screwing things over.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ME3's multiplayer was pretty fun, so there actually was a good reason to get it legally

That's true. I think I spent a couple hundred hours on it. It almost is enough to make up for my extreme butthurt at the ending of the story.
So that's the trick.

I don't care about MP at all, so my butthurt about that fuck-you ending is still immeasurable. And the reason I won't buy the remake.
Just don't see the point knowing that ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom