Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

ADL

Prophet
Hope they fix the gameplay Mass Effect 1. That inventory system and combat make kinda hard to replay.. Hyped for the remaster.
"fix" the gameplay
decline.png
incoming

J1M

Arcane
Hope they fix the gameplay Mass Effect 1. That inventory system and combat make kinda hard to replay.. Hyped for the remaster.
There is a specific build that fixes the gameplay. The sequels don't really support it so it isn't well known.

Jack Shepard:
-Infiltrator class (Operative specialization)
-Points in pistol to unlock Marksman
-Points in skills to unlock tech abilities that do splash damage (Damping, Overload, Sabatage)
-Unlock medium armor
-Continue adding points to make the pistol, tech explosions, and shields more effective (with the right armor and skill points the majority of your 'health' will be regenerating shields)
-Enter combat by spamming your splash damage abilities, and activate Marksman to clean up any stragglers. Keep moving. Ignore cover and your sniper rifle.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
There is a specific build that fixes the gameplay. The sequels don't really support it so it isn't well known.

Jack Shepard:
-Points in skills to unlock tech abilities that do splash damage (Damping, Overload, Sabatage)
-Unlock medium armor
-Continue adding points to make the pistol, tech explosions, and shields more effective (with the right armor and skill points the majority of your 'health' will be regenerating shields)
-Enter combat by spamming your splash damage abilities, and activate Marksman to clean up any stragglers. Keep moving. Ignore cover and your sniper rifle.

That seems overly complicated. I just take my shotgun and shoot people in the face. Worked in all three games.

J1M

Arcane

Jack Shepard:
-Unlock medium armor

That seems overly complicated. I just take my shotgun and shoot people in the face. Worked in all three games.
No, it's basically just "Infiltrator, but don't waste points in the sniper rifle".

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Jack Shepard:
-Unlock medium armor

No, it's basically just "Infiltrator, but don't waste points in the sniper rifle".

Vangaurd4Ever Bitches!

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
How about making ME games real RPGs?

Like, I'm ashamed to admit, but I played through the first two games several times - played the third one only once though - and I don't fucking remember anything about "classes" or shit. I can't say which """""""""classes""""""""" I did pick, because the gameplay is still
:popamole:

I remember that my last run, the one that made it to ME3 was Asian-looking female Shep, but the class? Does this series even have classes?

Caim

Arcane
How about making ME games real RPGs?

Like, I'm ashamed to admit, but I played through the first two games several times - played the third one only once though - and I don't fucking remember anything about "classes" or shit. I can't say which """""""""classes""""""""" I did pick, because the gameplay is still
:popamole:

I remember that my last run, the one that made it to ME3 was Asian-looking female Shep, but the class? Does this series even have classes?
The classes in Mass Effect 1 are indeed rather basic, and they're even worse in Mass Effect 2. But just for ME1 you have:

- Soldier is all about damage output and healing, peak popamole. You get the heaviest armor and can pick any weapon, but you're dumb if you don't focus on a single one.
- Infiltrator has some nice area of effect attacks, combine with a pistol as J1M described to gun enemies down. Don't waste time on a sniper rifle because you'll be indoors for a good chunk of the game.
- Vanguards give themselves a beefy shield bonus, toss their enemies around, then close the distance and give their enemies a shotgun enema.
- Engineers also get area of effect attacks, but these are more focussed on disabling your enemies rather than killing them. You can also heal better.
- Adepts get to shut their enemies down completely: four of their six skills not related to weapons or armor can make people stop in their tracks.
- Sentinels get no skills for weapons or armor, so you'll need to rely on your various offensive and defensive skills to make it through. Have fun not dealing a lot of damage with your weapons though.

Quillon

Arcane
definitelly wrex confrontation at citadel after I did everything to screw the krogans :dealwithit:
Should've just killed him in ME1. Then Wreav takes over and he's too retarded to realize that you fucked him over.
where is the fun in that? wrex suddenly showing up in the elevator was a big surprise for me, couldn't stop laughing till it was over

say what you will about ME3, it had great consequences for all the shit we've done before(except the very end obv.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom