Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Massive Fallout 3 coverage at NMA

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sqeecoo said:
JuJu said:
Isn't that ironic that the most critical preview of FO3 actually made me think that Bethseda hasn't fucked up as much as I expected? I now even have some hopes that actually something from the original Fallout would be in this game. Bethseda should have allowed fans to see this game earlier, instead of trying to impress by their hype machine.

You know, I agree. While the NMA preview clearly show the extent to which beth is fucking up, they also fairly highlight some good points, and I am now actually convinced that there will be some - something that the official hype-machine previews never managed.

To clarify, the game seems to be turning out better than OBV. Still a brutal rape of FO, but a somewhat-less-than-horrible game on its own.

I've heard this response multiple times. "It doesn't sound bad" from the preview.

Sure, it's possible, we mostly tried to accurately represent our opinions. And it did look better than I feared. And if you look at it purely from the viewpoint of "will it improve on Oblivion," it looks pretty good

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Brother None said:
And if you look at it purely from the viewpoint of "will it improve on Oblivion," it looks pretty good

And that is exactly the approach all the 'journalists' shall take when reviewing this game. They WILL treat it is a sequel to Oblivion, describe it as a "truly next-gen RPG experience yadda yadda yadda"...

It's depressing, really.

Amasius

Augur
So previews of computer games can be informative, critical and written without hype? I didn't knew that... Seriously - best preview so far. Ok, thats not hard to achieve, but still excellent work. Unlike most gaming journalists you guys try at least to be objective. And your ninja coup is just hilarious. :lol:

Brother None said:
Pete Hines is a pretty nice guy, IRL
Heh, I actually believe you, but it's part of his job description to be a nice guy and we know that Pete is very good at his job. :wink:

Kingston said:
VD, why don't you just make a "www.iloveoblivion.com" avatar?
For the good cause:
Bethlove.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
VonVentrue said:
It's depressing, really.

Yup, it is, won´t argue with that. But the NMA preview is of interest to FO and OBV fans alike, just as any good, objecive piece of journalism is useful to all sides.

EDIT: oh, and B. None, I don´t actually think that it "does not sound so bad". It sound horrible. But the preview is not all-out criticism, and if the game was not marketed as "fallout", which disgusts me, I´d be mildly interested in playing it, but probably wouldn´t. Like KOTOR 2, for example.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Joe Krow said:
To be honest, it sounds better then the endless deluge of action rpgs we've seen lately.
To me, it sounds like just another action RPG. It's a game about shooting muties and blowing stuff up, seasoned with swearing and slapstick comedy.

Black

Arcane
Goddammit, this iloveoblivion avatar is awesome. Can I have it too?
Meh, I'll get it anyway, I don't care what you say.

Black

Arcane
Elwro said:
I guess they'll file it under "bypassing the censor".
You've won a copy of Oblivion. If you don't want it you'll get 10.

Your avatar has been removed. Please choose a different avatar. Inappropriate links or censor bypasses aren't allowed in posts or in avatars. From the forum rules regarding avatars:
by Talaran

psycojester

Arbiter
How can it be inappropriate if thats what their swear filter changes it to. Maybe their next move should be to ban the filter?

Black

Arcane
psycojester said:
How can it be inappropriate if thats what their swear filter changes it to. Maybe their next move should be to ban the filter?
Filter changes it to Ilovolblivion, not www.iloveoblivion.com...
Can we get avatar with just Iloveoblivion? ;d I'm curious what will be their next excuse for removing it.

xedoc gpr

Scholar
This is some pretty hilarious stuff. I have to admit that when I read about the ninjas over at NMA 'infiltrating' the preview, and then Pete Hines reaction, "I had the sneaking suspicion we had NMA'ers amongst us. Keep on the lookout", I just couldn't stop laughing.

Someone please make a funny comic about this, or something.

Ladonna

Arcane
Seconded about the comic :lol:

Hopefully the point has been gotten across to Bethesda regarding different ways to complete a quest. Pete probably thought they would storm the session, guns blazing as if they were in a building full of Super Mutants...

Deacdo

Liturgist
While I think the game is going to suck, I've never seen the big deal about going through an entire game without killing *anything*.

tardtastic

Scholar
After all the bullshit from Beth, I hadn't any hopes left to crush - but the very act of getting in there despite them is just the most brilliant thing any videogame fans have ever done, ever.
I will say, however, that I am disappointed with the final look for Mister Burke. I was eagerly expecting something a little different...
kopievs2.jpg

And after we blow up Megaton with this bomb, I'll tie any surviving women to bump-mapped railroad tracks, muahahaha.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Deacdo said:
While I think the game is going to suck, I've never seen the big deal about going through an entire game without killing *anything*.

It's not that important to everyone, but it was a very distinctive feature from the original (not firing a shot, that is, not killing anyone was impossible, there was always collateral damage)

Ladonna

Arcane
The anti-Fallout fans have struck back in what can be called 'Their finest hour'

300pxFO3Leipzig-Sellout.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom