Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Hi! I bought this game and have no desire to actually play it. I'll give my final game key to the most creative insult DM'd to me within the next 24 hours on release.

Momock

Augur
I didn't follow the "recent" developments of the game. Is it still simultaneous turn based combat with verticality/platforming and stealth (AKA what was announced during the kickstarter), or what?

almondblight

Arcane
Well, again, after all of that I'm happy they're still making a product I want. Heck it's PS1 again. Please, just, stop changing that and I'll be okay. It's a little too painful. At this point I don't think I can take another art style I like be thrown away.

The style right now is pretty good (though my favorites are probably some of the 2017 styles). But I wish it was a bit more colorful and not just brown and green all over the place. Here's a 2017 pic:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, again, after all of that I'm happy they're still making a product I want. Heck it's PS1 again. Please, just, stop changing that and I'll be okay. It's a little too painful. At this point I don't think I can take another art style I like be thrown away.

The style right now is pretty good (though my favorites are probably some of the 2017 styles). But I wish it was a bit more colorful and not just brown and green all over the place. Here's a 2017 pic:
I can't comment on the color palette, I'm under the assumption that they're currently showing stuff from one particular area. There may be other areas with more color, not sure.

I myself preferred the original look most of all and that was mostly a grey.

buffalo bill

Arcane
I preferred the wild Moebius-style look, but ultimately the gameplay is all that really matters, and it's shaping up pretty good.

grimace

Arcane

Animal empathy as a background bonus nets you the ability to roll social skills against animals. My newest companion is a monkey! I gave it a laser gun

Gun monkey will certainly attack anything if he decides to bounce from your company. Some of the creatures/animals in the game are neutral, but can be provoked, and others are always hostile or augmented with wetware to be guards for syndicates

Emr3SsiW8AEcGNX

Made you look.

This is now Monkey Island adventure game spirit filtered thru a Whalenought lens with a System Shock 2 mecha wrench thrown in the works.

Actually, this is now MonkeyJammer a turn based mammalian circadian rhythm simultaneous dance simulator.

Dunston Checks in but he don't check out.

Farewell into the night

I hope this game will be good, because when an indie game looks very good it often means that it can be dissapointing in the other areas. I think Serpent in the Staglands, which is the previous game of this little husband and wife studio is a good example of this. I'm not saying it was bad, tho.

Black Angel

Arcane
Aight, slowly reading the last 15 pages has re-ignited what little sparks of hope I had for this game.

Still, it's a damn shame they didn't focus on gameplay and, of all fucking things, artstyle sooner. Just imagine, we would've been playing this game 7! times if not for them being too fixated on changing the artstyle and mechanics. Not to mention the absolutely unnecessary name change.

*Messing with objects and clutters in Soulsborne intensifies*
Fallout: Yesterday
uwu what's this?
In case you haven't gotten on the fence, yet:
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-yesterday-demo-available.219591/

buffalo bill

Arcane
Just downloaded/installed and—it starts out freaking great! Got killed in like two minutes! Good writing! massive incline

edit: though the trial sequence is a bit ... long
will see if it stays enjoyable

Edit #2: I leave the prison, and have no other known locations on the map (maybe I could have gotten one in the prison, but I think I spoke with all the relevant NPCs and no one gave me location info, at least nothing that showed up in my pip boy) The map is HUGE, and there are new monsters, which is cool, but I get random encounters every two seconds, making it annoying as hell to explore enough to find anything. Eventually I found a tiny "cave" location to the north-east with a guy who asked me to help him clear the caves out (which had basically nothing in them except for spiders that I let him blow up). as far as I can tell, I couldn't ask the guy for directions to anywhere. Too annoying to keep exploring the (overly-large, actually) map with the constant random encounters, so I think I'm done with this. Also, turns out the very beginning of the prison area was the most reactive, and the rest was basically railroaded (again, as far as I can tell). So, maybe this is not so good.

Last edited:

buffalo bill

Arcane
Why does this reads as a multiplayer game.
It's not. The battle mode they had in the previous iteration of the beta was actually fun, and I'm glad they're bringing it back. I assume this is just for systems-testing purposes, though.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://whalenoughtstudios.com/community/forums/topic/november-builds-capture-the-dataflag/

We’re on track for releasing a larger version from the main map by the end of the month, and in the meantime are bringing back the deathmatches for more combat stress testing.

Our current combat tests can have massive NPC scales (upward of a 100+ if they aren’t looking for cover, which is the stupid-tier of enemies), so it’ll be good to get larger map and sizable squad sized fights for these tests.

We hope to have that deathmatch build by Monday, and if not then later next week. This will also include a capture-the-flag mode, as well as the usual team/solo DM and team/solo survive modes. The CTF mode is a little more indicative of some of the actual game activity, so we’re happy to start testing companion and enemy ai in these scenarios. If you picture an overworld map being a giant RISK board of gangs and syndicate territories, you’ll be targeting them to steal from/ally with. When you do attack and steal something, if caught you’ll have to deal with driving away from them back to your base or fence while being chased down, and if they take you out they’ll retrieve whatever data/money you stole and bring it back to their holdout — a map district sized CTF scenario.

buffalo bill

Arcane
We hope to have that deathmatch build by Monday
I wonder if someone could extrapolate an algorithm to determine accurate outcomes based on their stated deadlines versus delivered results. I'm thinking something simple could work, like n+7 time units (so if they say day x, it's actually day x+7, month x is month x+7, year x is year x+7). But maybe a more complicated formula is required. Luckily they have not given a promise for what decade the game will be released.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Wait, it just dawned on me this is the same developer that did Serpent in the Staglands isn't it?

I actually have that game in my library and have been thinking about playing it. Anyone have any experience with it?

Btw this game's cyberpunk atmosphere wrecks CP2077's shit so hard it makes me feel bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom