Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
A few more things.
-I can't seem to target heads when using precise aim, at least not on the guys down in the basement.

I was able aim on head only once but later I couldn't do it at all so maybe it depends on dice rolls?

agris

Arcane
Patron
A few more things.
-I can't seem to target heads when using precise aim, at least not on the guys down in the basement.

I was able aim on head only once but later I couldn't do it at all so maybe it depends on dice rolls?
It looks like the Joe-mooks don't support head shots, but the armored up backer-faced combat guys who drop laser SMGs do.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
More like a sewer, now that I think about it. If my memory serves you start by walk down a brick staircase on the opposite side of one of the roads, come to a mossy flooded place, walk through a grated door and then down a metal (I think) tunnel and then it loads into another part of the map.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I can't tell if it's supposed to unlock more missions after you complete the one called extract, but if so, it doesn't happen for me. The mission is really small though. Can be completed in about 5-10 minutes.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah it's only one mission. There will be some sort of update today (hopefully).

Anyway I recorded this but went to sleep and forgot to put it here. I'm still not used to the system so yeah it might be tedious to watch me playing.

I realized there was no sound when I finished and it was the better playthrough so I tried to record it again but with doing more stupid stuff :M

The Fish

Arcane
With a grid this granular I wonder whether going gridless like Divinity OS or ToEE wouldn't have been preferable. I don't know about unity but unreal has some functions built in that make it seemingly easy to set up a gridless system. Of course it's too late to change now.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A lot of stuff in the UI and graphics needs to be cleaned up for better visual clarity.
No way. It's been ages since I last saw a proper chunky stylized UI. Convenience is all well and good, but it's clear that Whalenought puts a lot of emphasis on aesthetics, and I wouldn't trade that away for some hyper-optimized MMO eyesore.

Big Wrangle

Doesn't look like it's gonna be any hard to get used to as well. Everything is clear, and I think the core audience can handle some jank.

buffalo bill

Arcane
With a grid this granular I wonder whether going gridless like Divinity OS or ToEE wouldn't have been preferable. I don't know about unity but unreal has some functions built in that make it seemingly easy to set up a gridless system. Of course it's too late to change now.
Please no.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Doesn't look like it's gonna be any hard to get used to as well. Everything is clear, and I think the core audience can handle some jank.
A lot of things are clear, but some things really need tooltips, like the top-left time toggle/indicator, a few of stats in the weapon info boxes and the inventory items (What's S-40 exactly, other than ammo, does it have an impact on stats, which ones, etc.).

Also, if you want backgrounds with transparency like you have with the weapon info boxes, I'd set the opacity higher (pretty much 99%). Anything else and it sometimes becomes a chore to read against a busy background.

The way the skill bar works is great, and I like that it's context sensitive.

grimace

Arcane
More like a sewer, now that I think about it. If my memory serves you start by walk down a brick staircase on the opposite side of one of the roads, come to a mossy flooded place, walk through a grated door and then down a metal (I think) tunnel and then it loads into another part of the map.

I found the location of the door and the loading of the second area of the map. After obtaining the item I did not know where to go to complete the mission.

Vague Hint: Hitting F key to Jump was essential.

Spoiler question:

Does the mission "end" when you click the disk?

Quinton did not radio me and I was left to wander.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No way. It's been ages since I last saw a proper chunky stylized UI. Convenience is all well and good, but it's clear that Whalenought puts a lot of emphasis on aesthetics, and I wouldn't trade that away for some hyper-optimized MMO eyesore.
The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. Saying "a lot of stuff" was hyperbolic, but I'm sure that they could clean up the UI and make it a little bit more visually intuitive while maintaining the chunky, stylized UI aesthetic that they're going for. Adding some tooltips and/or changing the opacity/darkness around some of the buttons to make them pop a bit more would be really minor, but I think would go a long way towards making things a little bit more clear. This is a minor point as people have pointed out as I'm sure everyone will get used to it after a while, but it definitely wouldn't hurt.

I also understand that this is Alpha (barely) and they have a long way to go, but I assue that they will be filling in textures and obects so that the fog of war isn't just dark, empty space, right?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
dumpster-fire.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom