Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline MENACE - sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG from Battle Brothers devs

Shaki

Arbiter
So to summarize:

We get an XCOM in space, that will be much easier than BB, but has better graphics and a bunch of nigger wamyn soldiers to lead. Yay!

That's why I always say pirate good games. This is exactly what happens when devs get a taste of money. They want more and more, and the easiest way to get it is to make their games easier, more woke, and "better" looking. Keep good devs poor, that's the only way they can keep making prestigious games. Money corrupts.

thesecret1

Arcane
I don't care if every single game I've been excited about in the past has turned out to be disappointing, that won't happen this time.
You just had to jinx it, huh?
menace-characters-1.webp
Well, that was quick

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hmmm, will have to see more.

Please don't fuck up Battle Bros in space, this is like of the few games I'm looking forward to.

Although I get the feeling I won't have much free time for playing games :/

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So to summarize:

We get an XCOM in space, that will be much easier than BB, but has better graphics and a bunch of nigger wamyn soldiers to lead. Yay!

That's why I always say pirate good games. This is exactly what happens when devs get a taste of money. They want more and more, and the easiest way to get it is to make their games easier, more woke, and "better" looking. Keep good devs poor, that's the only way they can keep making prestigious games. Money corrupts.
A very stupid take, I want to reward the devs for the good game they already made which I enjoy playing. What then they decide do afterwards, will be a whole new ballgame - I can either decide to purchase it, or if it's not to my taste - not to buy it.
That's just your sorry ass excuse for pirating. Would have made a lot more sense if you'd said don't crowd-fund/kickstart.

Shaki

Arbiter
So to summarize:

A very stupid take, I want to reward the devs for the good game they already made which I enjoy playing. What then they decide do afterwards, will be a whole new ballgame - I can either decide to purchase it, or if it's not to my taste - not to buy it.
That's just your sorry ass excuse for pirating. Would have made a lot more sense if you'd said don't crowd-fund/kickstart.
Games are art, and best artists are hungry artists. It's as true now, as it was centuries ago. Best games are created by struggling outcasts, working tirelessly in their basements, fueled by pure passion and autism. You reward them by enjoying their creations, and protecting their artistic souls from getting corrupted by money.

Litmanen

Educated
So to summarize:

Games are art, and best artists are hungry artists. It's as true now, as it was centuries ago. Best games are created by struggling outcasts, working tirelessly in their basements, fueled by pure passion and autism. You reward them by enjoying their creations, and protecting their artistic souls from getting corrupted by money.
Not only you are plainly stupid.

You insist, too.

rojay

Scholar
Tell me you wear eyeliner and listen to emo music without telling me you wear eyeliner and listen to emo music, Stewart.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't care if every single game I've been excited about in the past has turned out to be disappointing, that won't happen this time.
You just had to jinx it, huh?
Well, that was quick
I think they are supposed to represent different countries, but having 50% females will be a mistake.

Yeah. Crazy. You know what game had a bunch of female soldiers of various races get generated and assigned to your squad? X-Com. Total wokey bullshit, amirite?

Shaki

Arbiter

You insist, too.

Cope as much as you want, but I'm also plainly right. There is a very consistent tendency, where RPG devs start making worse and worse games after achieving some degree of financial success. There is a reason why at the top of all best RPG lists, are the games from struggling devs who didn't know shit about business, and ended up bankrupting themselves, because of following their passion and ambition (Troika, Black Isle, etc).

As much as dumbfuck retards like you want to believe in "Yay, dev made a great game, lets give them millions of $ so they can make even better games!", the obvious truth is that this approach instead results in Bioware and Bethesda. This is a fact, not an opinion.

Litmanen

Educated

You insist, too.

Cope as much as you want, but I'm also plainly right. There is a very consistent tendency, where RPG devs start making worse and worse games after achieving some degree of financial success. There is a reason why at the top of all best RPG lists, are the games from struggling devs who didn't know shit about business, and ended up bankrupting themselves, because of following their passion and ambition (Troika, Black Isle, etc).

As much as dumbfuck retards like you want to believe in "Yay, dev made a great game, lets give them millions of $ so they can make even better games!", the obvious truth is that this approach instead results in Bioware and Bethesda. This is a fact, not an opinion.
My God, you could win every Olympics for idiot people in every category.

I really hope that in your job you apply the same dumb philosophy.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah. Crazy. You know what game had a bunch of female soldiers of various races get generated and assigned to your squad? X-Com. Total wokey bullshit, amirite?
YES. Not sure if wokery, but I always look for mods that reduce that quota. One such mod made Xenonauts 10000000% more immersive, seeing as it takes place during the 80s, too.

Harthwain

Magister
YES. Not sure if wokery, but I always look for mods that reduce that quota. One such mod made Xenonauts 10000000% more immersive, seeing as it takes place during the 80s, too.
It's procedural generation being procedural generation. Gangsters: Organized Crime had the same thing and it was by no means a woke game.

Shaki

Arbiter

You insist, too.

"Nuuuuh uh, u dont like my nigger kweens, you must be STUPID", same NPCs, same answer, every time. Mass produced morons loving mass produced shitty games, how surprising.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
On one hand the game looks interesting, but on the other it seems kinda dull and none knows what's it about

Vincente

Arbiter
On one hand the game looks interesting, but on the other it seems kinda dull and none knows what's it about
You're sent to Wayback System to deal with pirates and tyrannical aliens, when not!Terminators (the Menace) show up, you have to team up with said pirates and aliens to fight the Menace.

Litmanen

Educated

You insist, too.

"Nuuuuh uh, u dont like my nigger kweens, you must be STUPID", same NPCs, same answer, every time. Mass produced morons loving mass produced shitty games, how surprising.
Why should I change my answer if "you're stupid" is more than enough to describe you?

Than, obviosly, as always, stupid people like you think that being a crying baby that rape literature and grammar to make (apparently) fun of something, makes you an high-level savant who knows more than others.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You're sent to Wayback System to deal with pirates and tyrannical aliens, when not!Terminators (the Menace) show up, you have to team up with said pirates and aliens to fight the Menace.

Sounds like a generic plot we have seen so many times

Reinhardt

Arcane
i don't want to side with xenos and pirates

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom