Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline MENACE - sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG from Battle Brothers devs

Modron

Arcane
Wasn't even aware that there is a Follow-feature on steam.
You can set your news feed to any combo herein of followed, wishlisted, games in library, recommended, and featured news bits. Basically I wishlist anything I am remotely interested in and follow the things I know I am going to like.

Hell you can even follow publishers, developers and even steam users IIRC.

Habichtswalder

Learned
Wasn't even aware that there is a Follow-feature on steam.
You can set your news feed to any combo herein of followed, wishlisted, games in library, recommended, and featured news bits. Basically I wishlist anything I am remotely interested in and follow the things I know I am going to like.

Hell you can even follow publishers, developers and even steam users IIRC.
There is a news feed on Steam? Wasn't aware of that too.

ropetight

Savant
Is there a reason they are not showing it?
Probably they never thought it needs to be public. After all, what does it matter for a customer how many people follow any particular game?
It is a loose prediction of the sales - or so the marketing teams would have us believe.
At first, I suspected devs probably tried to game the wishlists, but maybe it has to do privacy, business secrets, and laws like GDPR.

Harthwain

Magister
It is a loose prediction of the sales - or so the marketing teams would have us believe.
I could be mistaken, but I thought developers have access to how many players wishlisted their games? I mean, the developers of the Songs of Conquests promised some bonus if the number of wishlists exceeds a certain number.

Modron

Arcane
I could be mistaken, but I thought developers have access to how many players wishlisted their games? I mean, the developers of the Songs of Conquests promised some bonus if the number of wishlists exceeds a certain number.
Developers know how many players have wishlisted a game yes; half a decade back Valve made wishlists and game libraries private as the default setting but you can set yours to public, friends only, or private. It's why steamdb/charts/spy are nowhere as accurate as they were once upon a time, they used to crawl 95% of player's libraries as the majority of players didn't bother to change their settings.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I often wishlist games just to remind myself they exist or because i want to check them later. Never buy most of them lmao i wonder what they think of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom