Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline MENACE - sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG from Battle Brothers devs

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
From discord:
Yeah, suppression trumps morale. So if a unit is fleeing and pinned down at the same time, they will not move. The morale system works very roughly like in total war (or Battle brothers :)) where troops first become wavering and then flee. If they flee and their unit strength is too low to recover, they will disband entirely.
Of course, there will be a lot of items to loot (weapons, armors, accessories, vehicles etc).
There's no renown system, but a trust system where you increase your trust with the various local factions

PlayerEmers

Educated
I only noticed now that the publisher for the game is Hooded Horse. This publisher kinda came out of nowhere but so far they worked with quite a few strategy and sim games that I enjoyed (against the storm and norland are my favorites so far). Kinda cool they are now working with BB devs on Menance.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Elite%20Soldaten.png

Woke alert! Black woman soldier! Woke alert! In a 1994 game!

Some people are just retards.
I mean, yeah. Its progressive retardation.

People only put up with it back then because
A) You know she likes cock.
B) Physically strong women are cool.
C) No cringe. Just dumb fun.

All these things have changed, thus people reject it.
A) Shes a lesbian
B) Shes a strong womyn meant to lead men.
C) Fun is not important, its all boomer + millenial cringe.
Yes. The answer lies in the contex but some people are uncapable (or unwilling in this case?) to understand it. What existed and worked in, say, 1980s or 1990s, exists and works very differently and for different reasons in 2010s and 2020s.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Whereas Battle Brothers filled your army with randomly generated serf lads, Menace lets you hire a cast of ready-made, "fixed" soldiers with their own backstories and personalities.
Ever-present in these battles are the barks and bantz of your (fully voiced) recruits.

Um.

Why.
wait wot
no more doggo company or bros named after rpg games to find out mostest rpg game of them all?

Takamori

Learned
When I get my hands in the EA I will cast a judgement, if they are going for a Jagged Alliance+Total War feel this might be really cool.

Hydro

Educated
Ever-present in these battles are the barks and bantz of your (fully voiced) recruits.
Recruit 1: I hate these aliens.
Recruit 2: I was born as a male, but I never felt as one so I decided to go against the public opinion and transitioned, now I am a happiest person especially with these new pils.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Recruit 1: I hate these aliens.
Recruit 2: I was born as a male, but I never felt as one so I decided to go against the public opinion and transitioned, now I am a happiest person especially with these new pils.
This is how volunteers for quick mineclearing are found.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
For devs, followers are usually a more valuable metric since they are more or less your "core" following. It's usually a 1:10 follower-wishlist ratio, at least in my experience.

ropetight

Savant

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
For devs, followers are usually a more valuable metric since they are more or less your "core" following. It's usually a 1:10 follower-wishlist ratio, at least in my experience.

That's odd. I wishlist all sorts of stuff, but I almost never follow anything. I actually didn't even realize it made any difference. :lol:

What does following do anyway?

Modron

Arcane
Wasn't even aware that there is a Follow-feature on steam.
You can set your news feed to any combo herein of followed, wishlisted, games in library, recommended, and featured news bits. Basically I wishlist anything I am remotely interested in and follow the things I know I am going to like.

Hell you can even follow publishers, developers and even steam users IIRC.

Habichtswalder

Learned
Wasn't even aware that there is a Follow-feature on steam.
You can set your news feed to any combo herein of followed, wishlisted, games in library, recommended, and featured news bits. Basically I wishlist anything I am remotely interested in and follow the things I know I am going to like.

Hell you can even follow publishers, developers and even steam users IIRC.
There is a news feed on Steam? Wasn't aware of that too.

ropetight

Savant
Is there a reason they are not showing it?
Probably they never thought it needs to be public. After all, what does it matter for a customer how many people follow any particular game?
It is a loose prediction of the sales - or so the marketing teams would have us believe.
At first, I suspected devs probably tried to game the wishlists, but maybe it has to do privacy, business secrets, and laws like GDPR.

Harthwain

Magister
It is a loose prediction of the sales - or so the marketing teams would have us believe.
I could be mistaken, but I thought developers have access to how many players wishlisted their games? I mean, the developers of the Songs of Conquests promised some bonus if the number of wishlists exceeds a certain number.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom