Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid Δ (Snake Eater Remake) - PC/PS5/Xbox confirmed to use original voice files

911 Jumper

Learned
Should be allowed in two days.
I hope so because at the moment it looks as if I'm deliberately ignoring direct replies because I have no way of indicating that I agree, disagree, find something funny, etc. Having no reactions makes me feel as if I can't fully participate.

I joined on 12 June 2023 and I've heard you get the basic set once you've completed a year, so hopefully it unlocks.

Tehdagah

Arcane
With the original game available on current gen via the Master Collection, this feels like a complete waste of time and resources. Faces look off and the visuals look too clean (felt the same way about the RE4 remake too).
This remake will have the improved controls from the 3DS version.
Never played the 3DS version myself, but from what I understand it's generally the worst way to play MGS3.
It's because the 3DS version ran at like 20fps.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
GPryBCZXkAATWU5
Like mother, like son

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Yep
Like the previous had already shown, it's pretty much the mechanics of MGS5 supplanted into 3's campgain
Though I expect it to be some small changes - for example, they should 5's spring as that would be way too OP for 3's maps

Like the new CQC animations
Other than that there's not much else to talk about that wasn't already said previously

Found this:

The pachinko MGS3 looks better somehow.
They redid everyone's faces for this one...

911 Jumper

Learned
It's because the 3DS version ran at like 20fps.
I thought the decision to put the game on 3DS was bizarre at the time. I am reminded that it also utilised the circle pad attachment. All round inferior way to play. I'm surprised It received a bunch scores between 7 and 8. It has a Metascore of 78.

Ezekiel

Arcane
It reminds me of so many 4K remasters getting messed up by old directors and cinematographers who are embarrassed by their old work, color timing completely changed, but even worse because it's 3D and they can insert dumb lens flares and other lighting shenanigans.
Yep, I agree (sorry still no access to Reactions so can't upvote).
Posted that video somewhere with the same comment, got a good response.

"So looking at that and big boss screen, one of the things it seems off, aside from other things is the actual characters faces due to lighting and attempts at realism.

"Like, anime, or a comic book, or a cartoon, the characters eyes in the original are piecing. Can always see the whites and iris punching through.

"Where as in the remake, shadows cast over them and they are dulled.

4316575-jytutyutyutyu.png

4316576-0698013896-The-b.jpg

"Notice this from the direct comparison of your video, lots of hard light shadow casting while in the original the lighting is far more diffuse and dreamlike in nature. Stylized rather than realism for realism sake.

"Like looking at a tech demo with no limitations compared to someone who was working with limitations forced to use an an artistic eye to compensate creating something from it stylistically more interesting and aesthetically pleasing.

"Or maybe just talking shit, who knows. Can say just don't like the colors or lighting."

Silva

Arcane
How is gameplay anyway? Are the levels big and open to multiple approaches? Does the overall story/world progression branches out somehow?

I remember trying this quickly in the PS2 days and finding it waaaaay inferior to Splinter Cell and so dropping it instantly.

Ezekiel

Arcane
He's talking about modern control scheme. But he also said there will be a classic mode with the old controls/camera.
Old cam will be there, old controls not so much. Time-stamped at 6:30, where he talks about recording new dialogue because old is no longer applicable to some of the controls.

Which was expected. We all know players don't like learning controls that are different.

Silva

Arcane
How is gameplay anyway? Are the levels big and open to multiple approaches? Does the overall story/world progression branches out somehow?

I remember trying this quickly in the PS2 days and finding it waaaaay inferior to Splinter Cell and so dropping it instantly.
No one?

Gerrard

Arcane

A perfect example of how shit of a director Kojima is, this cutscene drags on and on and on, adds absolutely nothing after he destroys the first group.

Silva

Arcane
Nah it's an honest question.

Are the maps here at least doable from various angles like say, Chaos Theory or Ground Zeroes, or are these straight corridors? Or something else entirely?

Ezekiel

Arcane
Nah it's an honest question.

Are the maps here at least doable from various angles like say, Chaos Theory or Ground Zeroes, or are these straight corridors? Or something else entirely?

They're not straight corridors, and the gameplay is quite varied and interesting, but you have to remember it's not a pure stealth game like CT or GZ. It's still a traditional MGS with boss fights and other unskippable action/story segments.

Ash

Arcane
I really don't see the point in a remake, unless the intent is to streamline the cutscenes and add a little more gameplay content (more areas, +1 jungle +2 indoor infiltration). This aside the OG is still a fairly solid game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom