Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
LOL everybody knows that MGS story is convoluted shit. You don't play MGS for the story, you play it for the... stealth gameplay.

giphy.gif

Trotsky

Arcane
All the cucks in 4chan are sperging that Metal gear solid V is shit and the worst metal game ever made. Also is it true that the game has "micro-transactions"?

The reaction to MGS4 was the opposite people praised it endlessly at release and hated it later when they realized how stupid it was.

Without having played the game myself but based on past experience the masses are dumb and not to be trusted given their record.

Malpercio

Arcane
So /v is adamant about MGS5 being utter shit. Are they right Codex?

Well, the plot is. It's REALLY bad. Makes MGS4 nanomachines and 0 and 1... everything returns t 0.... look brilliant.

TPP plot is basically just an for Koggima to digitalize his waifu Stefanie and work with her.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, the plot is. It's REALLY bad. Makes MGS4 nanomachines and 0 and 1... everything returns t 0.... look brilliant.

TPP plot is basically just an for Koggima to digitalize his waifu Stefanie and work with her.
People always say that the MGS plots are terrible and really bad. They just don't get it. :P

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
You defend Tim Schafer. This doesn't mean we have to "get" Tim Schafer for him to look like a good dev. Shit is shit.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
People always say that the MGS plots are terrible and really bad. They just don't get it. :P
MGS 1 and 3 didn't have terrible plots. On the contrary.

2 and 4 were really shit though.

If 5 is even worse than that?

:what:

Psquit

Arcane

Spoilers DO NOT READ IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE PLOT
Final warning
You play as big boss doppelganger hence the name "the phantom pain" cause you are big bossu phantom. Solid snake is the one that kills the fake big boss in outer heaven.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Stealth gameplay is really good, everything else ranges from mediocre to bad. Plot seems to be very thin so far. The open world is boring to traverse and there is little incentive for exploration. The credits before and after each mission are extremely retarded.

Game feels a lot like Far Cry 3 to me.

Deakul

Augur
MGS5 is a great but flawed game.

Most of my issues with it after 8 or 9 hours are mostly down to me just being impatient otherwise, the stealth gameplay is excellent and the sheer freedom that you have for approaching the objectives is amazing.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Most All of the butthurt is because of the story, I believe.

This is correct. they are upset that the ending causes retcons, but the thing is that it doesn't. The people bitching about the retcons are just retards who never even played Metal Gear 1 and 2 and don't know what they are going on about.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
If I read again that the Metal gear series plot is bad I will KILL. It's clear? Gud.

BTW What is your opinion about the Quiet's fanservice scenes?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
There's always the African jungles if you get tired of Afghanistan~
I think the open-world gameplay works superbly with this game. So many gadgets and tools, so many ways to engage your missions/targets. It's one of the fewer games that takes the open world design and actually does something useful to the gameplay with it.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I am absolutely loving it. Playing mostly side ops so far and experiment with different weapons and gadgets. Can't say much about the story and don't really care much for it tbh.

I like that when you actually fight the enemies more than sneak through them, they get progressively tougher and have better equipment. The AI is also pretty good. Yesterday I decided to 'snipe' my way in a base, had some good position on a hill concealed. After I popped some heads the enemy organized into different squads, one set position on a mortar, firing illumination rounds at my approximate position and lighting the scenario up. The other squad threw smoke grenades and suppressed me with machine gun fire while the third squad flanked my position with riot shields and shotguns. Together with the radio chatter this was a beautiful thing to witness.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone got Quiet as a buddy here?

Just wondering, because I can't figure out how to order her around?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I haven't even met her ingame despite playing 15 hours already. :( The dog is still a puppy too. Think I am a slowpoke when it comes to such games.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Since this game uses a Denuvo updade, the crack will take some (hopefully not as long as Lords of the Fallen). And so I have been indecisive about buying this game. Because I've been hearing good things about this title but at the same time it's a MGS game. The only one I've completed was Twin Snakes on my GameCube (still have both! :D). And it was OK for my taste, not bad nor great. Also tried the demo of the third one for 3DS, but that doesn't count.

For those of you that played this game, and know anything about shealth/action gameplay, how does it hold up?
Does the enemy AI is actually intelligent or the mindless drones we get from all other games nowadays?
Are the missions fun and challenging, with unique and varied ways to solve them and interesting level design?
Is the the open world any fun to explore and does it have any aplications in the missions and gameplay?
Does it hold your hand in the slightest difficulty with any hints or popmole mechanics, or is it challenging enough to make you think for a moment (or several)?
And since this is a japonese game, is it well optimized?

In the end should I wait for the crack or is it worth 20 EUR?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Since this game uses a Denuvo updade, the crack will take some (hopefully not as long as Lords of the Fallen). And so I have been indecisive about buying this game. Because I've been hearing good things about this title but at the same time it's a MGS game. The only one I've completed was Twin Snakes on my GameCube (still have both! :D). And it was OK for my taste, not bad nor great. Also tried the demo of the third one for 3DS, but that doesn't count.

For those of you that played this game, and know anything about shealth/action gameplay, how does it hold up?
Does the enemy AI is actually intelligent or the mindless drones we get from all other games nowadays?
Are the missions fun and challenging, with unique and varied ways to solve them and interesting level design?
Is the the open world any fun to explore and does it have any aplications in the missions and gameplay?
Does it hold your hand in the slightest difficulty with any hints or popmole mechanics, or is it challenging enough to make you think for a moment (or several)?

ffs just buy it

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

20EUR is a steal. Buy it nao!

Malpercio

Arcane

Personally yeah, I have nice memories of 1 and 3, they still have kinder-garden level philosophy and yada yada, but they are also interesting human tales (for a videogame).

2 and 4 are utter shit, especially 4 with its intent to explain everything. They are also the one were Kojima had the most influence, as oppose to 1-3 that were co-written.

Spoilers DO NOT READ IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE PLOT
Final warning
You play as big boss doppelganger hence the name "the phantom pain" cause you are big bossu phantom. Solid snake is the one that kills the fake big boss in outer heaven.

Also

PARASITES are behind most of the event in the series. Zero wasn't actually evil and he was just infected with parasites.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom