Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Might & Magic X Gameplay Video + Developer Q&A

St. Toxic

Arcane
Typical Codex, rolls over for the first awesome button they find. Hitting an attack button and see numbers fly out of monsters is difficult indeed. Do you think Ubisoft is publishing this because they had a sudden change of heart?
No. Because M&M games were always retard friendly and nowadays even Skyrim is much more advanced gameplay-wise than them. I predict this'll be nothing like Kotor. :decline:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
This looks great, I don't know why it's not getting more media attention. Actually, I guess I do - Ubi probably doesn't want to spend a lot of cash advertising a game that might not turn out to be a slam dunk.

The comments on that Youtube video are hilarious, though - several retards are calling it a Grimrock clone. :lol:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hope we are not that overpowered in real game(at begining at least), I'll just assume this is a demo with high level characters on a tutorial mission hence the faceroll. Also it looks like we are going be auto looting, at least gold.

One week ago if someone told me that Ubisoft going to publish a new M&M game and its gonna be pretty old schoolish, I probably punched him and kept on swearing for a long time.
But as for now,i don't know what to think. still not trusting Ubi or his fresh developer but this videos and infos are making me a bit more than excited...

Edit:
Minttunator

LOL, thanks for pointing that out :) Made my morning.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This looks great, I don't know why it's not getting more media attention. Actually, I guess I do - Ubi probably doesn't want to spend a lot of cash advertising a game that might not turn out to be a slam dunk.

Unfortunately, even if the game turns out to be good, that kind of lack of media attention does not bode well for its commercial success (and, as a consequence, for a possible sequel).

Ubisoft should ask Brian Fargo to consult them about creating media buzz for an old school RPG revival without spending millions on PR.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unfortunately, even if the game turns out to be good, that kind of lack of media attention does not bode well for its commercial success (and, as a consequence, for a possible sequel).

Ubisoft should ask Brian Fargo to consult them about creating media buzz for an old school RPG revival without spending millions on PR.

They are busy with spending their millions on AC4 and Watch Dogs PR...

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Ubi is afraid of how it will turn out, that's why the low key exposure, don't forget who is working on this and what their previous efforts.

Their best bet is hoping it's a good game and then word of mouth on forums like the codex providing the "rpg cred" to motivate the old school fans buying it.

On the other hand, if they price it at 20$ and put it on iOS, it will sell like hotcakes, no matter if it's good or bad.

CWagner

Augur
Aside from this Uplay is required like in all other Ubisoft titles.

:hmmm:

Not sure if I really want the game with all the other games around the corner (WL2, AoD, P:E) but if I do there is no way I'm playing the official version.

Wizfall

Cipher
Aside from this Uplay is required like in all other Ubisoft titles.

:hmmm:

Not sure if I really want the game with all the other games around the corner (WL2, AoD, P:E) but if I do there is no way I'm playing the official version.
Pay the official.
Play the unofficial ;)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
As I already said in the main FFX thread, this looks really promising.

About aggro mechanics. I hate these. I really do hate them. BUT. They could actually work in a blobber, where you don't have any way of arranging your party and want to keep the harm away from casters. I was always annoyed that my mage in M&M VI/VII got easily two-shotted, unless I watered down his build by boosting defense stats.

Gozma

Arcane
I hope we are not that overpowered in real game(at begining at least), I'll just assume this is a demo with high level characters on a tutorial mission hence the faceroll. Also it looks like we are going be auto looting, at least gold.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for balanced combat if you also want stuff like no level-scaling; in the M&Ms I know every combat is generally either a steamroll (quick or slow depending on which M&M game) or you get multiple characters instablicked and you run away and hit fountains/explore for loot/get stat boosts/train up then come back. The gameplay function is just to give you reasons to do the exploring and level-uppa stuff, there is close to zero tactical thinking in a given fight (which is why it is so important for them to be fast). There are some little exceptions for enemies that are immune to certain spells or to melee, or they break your items if you let them attack you in melee, etc. The meat of the game is in the poking around, solving dungeon puzzles, and so on, not in the combat.

Luzur

Good Sir
btw, anyone knows if there will be a retail copy, or just digital release?

i need that box, for the collection.

Luzur

Good Sir
359xx51.gif

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Seems to be better than legend of grimshit gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom