Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Shit. I may have screwed up my game for good. I went to Skull Rock to get the Sword for the Naga and found Blackfang's Chest there as well. Now I'm on the part of the main quest where I need to give it to some bandits, except the quest log wants me to find it first before it will let me give it. Any ideas or is that it?

You first have to go to the Sun Hind (ship in the same general area), then it'll send you to the Skull Rock. If you follow the quest it will resolve itself.

I did. Didn't work. Will try some more.
have you talked with the survivor when revisiting the ship wreck?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Julien's favourite Heroes game is Heroes 2 (he loves the opera music). His favorite Might & Magic games are 4,5 and 6.

The other guy is a "story man" and likes Heroes 4 and 6 for their stories. :M

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Shit. I may have screwed up my game for good. I went to Skull Rock to get the Sword for the Naga and found Blackfang's Chest there as well. Now I'm on the part of the main quest where I need to give it to some bandits, except the quest log wants me to find it first before it will let me give it. Any ideas or is that it?

You first have to go to the Sun Hind (ship in the same general area), then it'll send you to the Skull Rock. If you follow the quest it will resolve itself.

I did. Didn't work. Will try some more.
have you talked with the survivor when revisiting the ship wreck?

I did now. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So, any luck finding the Thunderstorm spell? Is it in the Crag?
Yes, in the mojo house.
Damn, I was sure I checked all around the Crag. Oh well. Now I'm stuck in the final area without the GM air spell, wheeee

Not that it matters much anyway since if I don't spend almost every turn spamming Celestial Armour everyone dies. Should have had a 3rd caster...

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thunderstorm was a lifesaver in the last area; or at least it helped immensely to wear the mobs down.

On the subject of air spells... It was probably just wonky luck, but I wondered a lot of times if there's a connection between chainlightning and thunderstorm because I seemed to make a lot more and better criticals when casting CL against a mob under TS; it instakilled foes with full health doing around 1200 damage.

Also the magical focus master level gives the ability to wield two foci; what exactly does that entail? Double strike in close combat, combined damage from both foci with one strike, some other bonus?

Arkeus

Arcane
Also the magical focus master level gives the ability to wield two foci; what exactly does that entail? Double strike in close combat, combined damage from both foci with one strike, some other bonus?
Focii usually can get bonus like '+5 to Dark Magic', so you can get +10-15 that way by looking enough. Likewise, Focii gives +% crit damage on spells, with staves giving more than wands, but two wands give significantly more than one staff.

For example, my current two wands give me a total of +56% crit damage, +5Magical Focus, +6 Dark Magic. This means i have something like 41%crit chance on spells and +100% damage on crit spells.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finally playing this. So far, looooooooooooooooads of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Like... fun. Remember that? Shit was fun. So is this. So far.
Where you at? The game doesn't really kick off until you hit Seahaven.

Only started, so finished a couple of beginning quest, just roaming around the countryside, explored Sorpigal, and did two dungeons. Lacks a little more freedom (especially in dungeons, but the basics are really compelling.

How's the Blackguards fun factor compared to this? Cause I had a ridiculously good time with MMX, craving some more TB goodness.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Best thing about Air is that you can stack those spells. I'd frequently have Thunderstorm and a Cyclone or two going at the same time, peppering Chain Lightning into whoever was standing in front of me. Though when I had all those effects going on at once and the enemy mages would warp my screen with attempted Feebleminds I could hear the chicken scratch of my PC writing a suicide letter.

Arkeus

Arcane
Anyone else is having issues with Timestop? i did it a couple of times, but enemies still attack me regardless.

EDIT:Unlocked ability: Time Stop
-Creates a 5x5 square centered on the party, mobs outside of the square can't move in, attack, or be attacked. Mobs inside the sphere at the time of casting can do as they please. Lasts 3 turns or until party moves out of range.

Ah, makes sense.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Finally playing this. So far, looooooooooooooooads of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Like... fun. Remember that? Shit was fun. So is this. So far.
Where you at? The game doesn't really kick off until you hit Seahaven.

Only started, so finished a couple of beginning quest, just roaming around the countryside, explored Sorpigal, and did two dungeons. Lacks a little more freedom (especially in dungeons, but the basics are really compelling.

How's the Blackguards fun factor compared to this? Cause I had a ridiculously good time with MMX, craving some more TB goodness.

When it's fun, it's just as fun, but it doesn't have the same width/depth. It's a very focused experience.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
2wlvfvp.jpg

So it begins

I have to say I don't quite like this game's lack of repair skill, and the so-far huge overliance on potions in combat :cmcc:

Get Expert in Prime Magic asap so you get the Identify spell, it's a must. You can get a repair hireling later on in the game, it's not a huge deal most of the time.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Julien's favourite Heroes game is Heroes 2 (he loves the opera music). His favorite Might & Magic games are 4,5 and 6.

Heroes 4 was the one that had the opera music. It sounded good, but it could get annoying to just hear the first 10 seconds of the song every time you went to town, bought troops/built a building, then moved to the next town.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Heroes 4 was the one that had the opera music. It sounded good, but it could get annoying to just hear the first 10 seconds of the song every time you went to town, bought troops/built a building, then moved to the next town.

No, Heroes 2 had it too (though it was optional). Perhaps you didn't have the CD, as I believe it was Redbook audio. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom