Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Zeriel

Arcane
It's gotten better, but there are still performance issues.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Didn't manage to check in which country the boxed version will be available :?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aaaaaaahhhhhh!
I had to give in to my nostalgia and just reinstalled M&M3
Such an awesome game it si still the best

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It appears 2014 will be starting off on the right foot.

(Barring any unforseen delays in the production schedule...)

edit: Well I'll be... that's a Thursday. There's an Age of Decadence joke in there somewhere, isn't there.

rpgs and thursdays... conquistador also got delayed from expected thursday release

Zeriel

Arcane
Dear lord, the official forums (and I don't even mean Steam, but the Ubisoft forums) for this game are more vile and bitter than the Codex. What strange times we live in.

Zeriel

Arcane
And butthurt they aren't putting the entire game on EA. The steam forums are especially nasty about that. People have this really weird entitlement thing when they pay money, I don't understand it personally and I am generally a very unforgiving person when it comes to companies. I guess I just look at all the EA games as pre-order first, beta-testing second? Whereas a lot of people seem to think they have some right to peer over the developer's shoulder constantly because they paid 30$.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, that really confused me too. They got angrier when the release date was announced to be soon.

"This game can't possibly be ready, because I haven't tested the whole thing! There's no way you have a QA department!"

I wish I was making this shit up.

Zeriel

Arcane
MMX's official forums are a cesspit of LARPers asking for paperdolls and Arcomage.

i would have liked those things too :(

Yes, but would you spend 6 months taking a hot, steaming dump on the developer's lovely lineoleum floors after they had said they didn't have the resources to implement them?

Actually when I put it that way, they sound way more classy than they actually are.

narupley

Scholar
Any sort of rough guess the playthrough time the completed game might end up having?.

I would guess about 15-20 hours total, and that's with the current, horribly slow movement system. If movement was sped up to be competitive with Xeen, I might guess more like 10-15 hours.

narupley

Scholar
The completed game will be 15-20 hours?
:notsureifserious:
Probably closer to 25-30 at least. That was an official estimate from the devs several months ago. Granted, that pales in comparison to Xeen, 6, or 7, but I'd say MM3 and 8 took me around that many hours to complete.

Interesting, I don't recall that official estimate. I do recall them saying something rather vague like "well the world is about as big as MMV, so you do the math" though. I was just extrapolating from how long it took to finish Act 1 of 3 in the EA.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I imagine without trash fights shorter play time just means more opportunity to try different parties.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom