Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Zeriel

Arcane
It's act I of IV, and Act I is basically a tutorial area. So it's definitely a big game if you play everything. I prolly spent 10-15 hours just on Act I and Act II, without coming close to finishing Act II.

I wouldn't doubt if you rush to the end you could get there pretty quickly, but that's true of some pretty immense games. (Remember the 15 minute Morrowind run?)

Last edited:

Branm

Learned
Ugh another month until this releases....Played the early access but kind of loses its charm after the first time :)

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I'm finally going to order MMX as a Christmas present for myself. Is there any difference if I choose to buy it from Steam or UPlay? I already have Steam so I would prefer the Steam version, but if I need to install UPlay for DRM regardless, it wouldn't matter.

Zeriel

Arcane
I heard Uplay had some pretty weird patch methods, so I'd stick with Steam if you don't mind another app opening when you play it. (The app isn't intrusive and will even open fine if you are offline.) Either way you're going to have Uplay, getting it through Steam just means you'll also have to run Steam, but it seems easier that way.

ETA: I'd avoid the EA at this point. It's woefully out of date. Just wait for release to play if you do buy it.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm finally going to order MMX as a Christmas present for myself. Is there any difference if I choose to buy it from Steam or UPlay? I already have Steam so I would prefer the Steam version, but if I need to install UPlay for DRM regardless, it wouldn't matter.
uplay will install regardless and depending on your region uplay might be the cheaper option.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
ETA: I'd avoid the EA at this point. It's woefully out of date. Just wait for release to play if you do buy it.

I thought that if I get the Early Access version version, I would get the first DLC for free and access to the "exclusive dungeon". I wasn't planning on playing the EA version.

Also, both Origin and Steam have the same price for me.

Zeriel

Arcane

I thought that if I get the Early Access version version, I would get the first DLC for free and access to the "exclusive dungeon". I wasn't planning on playing the EA version.

Also, both Origin and Steam have the same price for me.

Yeah, that's right. It's basically a preorder, I just wouldn't play it until its actually released.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Yeah, that's right. It's basically a preorder, I just wouldn't play it until its actually released.

I just bought it a couple of minutes ago, but I won't install it until the final version is released in January.

Arkeus

Arcane
So, played it for ten hours or so the last day, and i was a bit annoyed by how freaking slows enemies are.

As in, whenever we get close to enemies there is close to 5 seconds where we can't do anything bu the enemy hasn't even noticed us yet, and it plays a little animation where it notices us, and then take another 5 seconds to do its turn. It's especially galling when there are multiple enemies, and you can lost a LOT of time just waiting for them to get close.

I REALLY hope there is a way to turn off those animations, as it make the game close to unplayable. Likewise, it's very frustrating how slow you move around, as each 'going back to town and repair/buy rest supplies' is a freaking pain to do. Oh, and Archers run to you to melee you half the time. What.

Zeriel

Arcane
So, played it for ten hours or so the last day, and i was a bit annoyed by how freaking slows enemies are.

As in, whenever we get close to enemies there is close to 5 seconds where we can't do anything bu the enemy hasn't even noticed us yet, and it plays a little animation where it notices us, and then take another 5 seconds to do its turn. It's especially galling when there are multiple enemies, and you can lost a LOT of time just waiting for them to get close.

I REALLY hope there is a way to turn off those animations, as it make the game close to unplayable. Likewise, it's very frustrating how slow you move around, as each 'going back to town and repair/buy rest supplies' is a freaking pain to do. Oh, and Archers run to you to melee you half the time. What.

tumblr_maarbggf7I1rq76f4o2_500.gif

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Game is released on January 23rd. Wouldn't play it until then, EA is way out of date compared to press build (which is also apparently way out of date compared to the dev build).

Arkeus

Arcane
Game is released on January 23rd. Wouldn't play it until then, EA is way out of date compared to press build (which is also apparently way out of date compared to the dev build).
Yeah, if the difference is that big, there is no point in playing the EA version right now.

Luzur

Good Sir

tumblr_maarbggf7I1rq76f4o2_500.gif

bro, i posted the same video in the news thread.

Hormalakh

Magister
So I've read the most recent updates and the prospective written by zeriel and broseph and I guess I'll have to eat my previous words about this game. I'm looking forward to it now. Pretty excited.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aw, man. Still, thanks. Game coming out at the end of the month, I hope they did enough optimization for it..

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The City of Karthal: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/welcome-to-karthal

Mood painting of Karthal created by Liquid Development.

While Karthal is considered one of the most beautiful cities of the Empire, its actual political status within the Holy nation has long been a matter of debate. Located far from the imperial heartlands, the city and the surrounding Peninsula are sometimes considered the "seventh Duchy" of the Empire, although it has no Duke and no real power, making it, in effect, an imperial protectorate. Day-to-day matters are handled by a City Council that convenes in the Vigil, but Karthal has no army of its own and must rely on the support of the neighbouring Duchies of Unicorn and Greyhound, and is usually represented by a Governor appointed by the Emperor…
We wanted to show Karthal as the crossroads between various cultural influences. The architectural style of the city is distinctly Mediterranean, but is equally inspired by medieval Italy and Moorish Spain. Real-world cities like Sevila, Spain and Assisi, Italy were used as reference, as was the Palais des Papes (Palace of the Popes) located in Avignon, France.

Karthal is made of two large areas, each one of them bigger than a town like Sorpigal. Karthal being a trading center between the Empire and the Seven Cities of the Wizards, the harbour area is the heart of the city. It hosts sprawling marketplaces and large mansions owned by wealthy merchants, wizards and ambassadors. Towering above the harbour is the Upper District, where the magnificent palace known as the Vigil, the siege of the City Council, can be found.

Karthal is the shining jewel of the Agyn Peninsula, but it has a darker side as well. The wealth of the Upper DIstrict is contrasted by the other half of the city, equally lively but far less luxurious: the slums. Many come to Karthal hoping to find success and riches, and end up living in dreadful conditions in the shantytown that cobbled itself together under the city’s aqueduct.

The crime syndicate known as the Blackfang is also known to run a black market in the slums, and sellsword companies of suspicious reputation possess headquarters in the city. These groups have gained influence in the years that followed the Second Eclipse, when the city was left to fend for itself against the Demon legions. Some say they are now the real masters of Karthal, rather than the impotent (and, if their political opponents are to be believed, corrupt) City Council. But they are not the only rising powers in Karthal. Many denizens of the city have banded together as the "Karthal League", demanding more autonomy and the right to self-governance.

A city of adventure, danger and intrigue, Karthal becomes a major location during the second half of the game and will be the starting point of many quests. We hope you’ll enjoy exploring its streets and uncovering its secrets!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom