Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
İm a noob, 30 years and cannot use google still...

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The short teaser was okayish, except when they mentioned "New rules".What the fuck is "new rules.".

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do i get a feeling they are doing this for also IOS?
But i have to admit, i was waiting 1 man action game so this sihtty video got some bonus from me.

Yeah, it does look like something that could be released on tablets/mobiles as well - which would probably mean microtransactions even if the gameplay didn't suffer from it. So we're not out of the woods yet, but I'm still cautiously optimistic about this - personally, I was expecting it to be another WoW clone MMO. :)

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Vision statement:

You can take the blue pill, or the red pill. You can go work for the machine, work mandatory eighty hour weeks in a massive sweatshop publisher-owned studio with hundreds of other drones, laboring to build the new, compelling photorealistic driving game-- with the same basic gameplay as Pole Position.

Or you can defy the machine.

You can choose to starve for your art, to beg, borrow, or steal the money you need to create a game that will set the world on fire.

You can choose to riot in the streets of Redwood City, to down your tools and demand an honest wage for an honest eight-hour day.

You can choose to find an alternate distribution channel, a different business model, a path out of the trap the game industry has set itself.

You can choose to remember WHY we love games—and to ensure that, a generation from now, there are still games worthy of our love.

You can start today.

Now I like that a lot better.

:bro:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
1_01m.png

Dwarves O_o

1_02m.png

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pigs sure are flying in the year of 2013. Well, with the saturation of the AAA market, big publishers were bound to extend their operations to lower- budget games. If they somehow succeed with this, it will build a lot of goodwill with the gaming community.

As I see it, the only thing that could sink this is if they're forced to make gameplay concessions in order to focus on mobile platforms. I bet this will be meant to be played on tablets also.

escom

Learned
PC_Download_Logo_88353.png
and
uplay_83657.png
at the bottom of the official page only. No retail box release, no buy. :x

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You expect something this low budget to have a box release? Heh.

I suppose it might get a European only boxed release, like Dark Souls and Risen 2. Euros love their boxes.

Renevent

Cipher
The small amount of info released so far is promising in my opinion. I'm not expecting anything ground breaking of course, but could be a fun turn/party based monster bash.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
If it is turn based. Could be that they looked at Grimrock and decided that the horrible RT blobber combat is actually a good thing and went with that.

Stabwound

Arcane
It really goes to show how much Ubisoft cares about promoting this game, or how how much people even care. This must be the only game at PAX that doesn't have trailers and screenshots and shit floating around by now.

Someone pointed out on RPGWatch that your characters automatically heal when you level up according to the tralier. So, that probably means you don't have to go back to town to train. :decline:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Ugh, I hate the 'heal on level up' mechanic. It's really only suitable for something where you gain levels extremely infrequently, like in an MMO. In something like a dungeon crawler it becomes this whole metagamey thing.

Arkeus

Arcane
Someone pointed out on RPGWatch that your characters automatically heal when you level up according to the tralier.
I am trying to see where this is, but i really am not noticing this. Care to point out the timing?

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah, it happens during the very first clip. Watch the first character: when they "Level Up!" their health/magic bars returns to max level at the same time. :(

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
PC_Download_Logo_88353.png
and
uplay_83657.png
at the bottom of the official page only. No retail box release, no buy. :x

Cutting out bullshit retailers allows us to have nice niche things, so fuck off with that OCD bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom