Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This looks like incline ; only thing worrying me so far is the length of the game. Do we know if 25 hours is main quest only ?

Gozma

Arcane
Because I didn't have to. MM3 is easy enough that you rarely need the buffs. Also, I always try to complete a game using as little in-game time as possible.

Yeah, I trained like twice in MMIII because I try to save gametime and every time you train with a character it burns like a week or something, but it doesn't take any longer if you train many levels at the same time (I think... that might only happen in Xeen). Totally meaningless limitation on myself that I would criticize other people for doing in other games but hey, it makes a pretty silly game that you win through map knowledge more fun.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
  • there is no training. When you level up you just get your skill points then and there.
:decline:

• It will be totally non-linear after the initial area where it teaches you how to play. Kind of like 7, where you were confined to the island until you completed the first quest.
:incline:

doesn't look that bad... yet.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Never saw him stray from the path. Didn't just want to or unable to? If latter then I'm already bored with the linearity of this game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Never saw him stray from the path. Didn't just want to or unable to? If latter then I'm already bored with the linearity of this game.

In case you missed it from the reddit poster:

It will be totally non-linear after the initial area where it teaches you how to play. Kind of like 7, where you were confined to the island until you completed the first quest.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

In case you missed it from the reddit poster:

It will be totally non-linear after the initial area where it teaches you how to play. Kind of like 7, where you were confined to the island until you completed the first quest.

I missed that. Alright, it sounds a bit better, but still there are questions to be answered. Can you step away from the dirt path? Are you confined to it? Does non-linearity mean that we can go left to the Castle of Chaos or right to the Mine of Malice, while still being confined to the dirt road?

Stabwound

Arcane
I'm pretty sure when he tried to step off of the path he was locked into combat with that goblin thing.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks rather promising, as in following the classic M&M formula. Whether You enjoy that is another cup of tea, but I've always liked these timesink games, which did not look like much but kept You at your keyboard until morning.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I missed that. Alright, it sounds a bit better, but still there are questions to be answered. Can you step away from the dirt path? Are you confined to it? Does non-linearity mean that we can go left to the Castle of Chaos or right to the Mine of Malice, while still being confined to the dirt road?
Check the movement compass on the left. It fades out when you can't move in that direction. It looks pretty clear that you can move sideways off of the road.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Holy shit, game where the compass fixates on cardinal directions, not quest objectives? What dark sorcery is this?

Stabwound

Arcane
The M&M fanboys at Celestial Heavens did a short QA with the devs. It was kind of wasted on dumb questions, but there was some good info: http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=816

CH: Will the wizards have a magic book? How will learning of spells work? Answer: Yes - casters have spellbooks. You need to raise your magic skills (aka. spell school) with skill points from level-ups. Then you have to find the right trainer to get access to a higher tier. Finally you need to locate the right person to buy new spells. Sounds complicated? Well, noone said it's easy to be a caster!
wink.gif

Also, achievements. :roll:

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
You can always just buy the game to show UBI that people care about old school RPGs and then download the cracked version. :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Buy, download, play. Depending on a the distribution platform we probably have achievements. Aside from this Uplay is required like in all other Ubisoft titles. However, Uplay needs you to be online for a one time activation.

Why don't they just do a damn GOG option? At least Grimrock got THAT part right.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Has anyone seen a playthrough where the party actually walks off one of the paths? or are you limited to following roads/trails?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom