Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Caim

Arcane
You are naive if you think that happens only to French. Those linguistic neoplasms creep into just about every language exposed to pop culture/mass media out there, and they always sound fucking retarded. "Shopping" can also be found in potato nowadays, among other things.
It's all over the place in pretty much every western and southern European country as far as I know. Not sure about slavspeak though.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
JOHN ROMERO (yes, that one) on Might & Magic: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/52163c54e754b6a80e000001

:hmmm:

EDIT:

WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR WORK ON MIGHT & MAGIC, WHAT’S THE FIRST ASSOCIATION THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND?

The difficulty of converting 16-color Apple double-res graphics to the limited C64 mixed-mode with the limitation of 3 colors per 4x8 block. Also, having to write 2 scan line interrupts to switch the screen between 2-color hi-res and 16-color mixed mode per frame so the character names looked crisp at the bottom of the screen.

Man's got a sense of humor. :lol:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
i28yvqe.jpg

MMX is for fags.

Stabwound

Arcane
I love how that picture of a man with long hair, grinning, holding a chainsaw on his back deck in the middle of an official MMX website post is going to be completely lost on some people. Without context it's a fucking ridiculous picture. Okay, even with context it's ridiculous.

Photo_JohnRomero_1.jpg

Morphi

Augur
JOHN ROMERO (yes, that one) on Might & Magic: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/52163c54e754b6a80e000001

:hmmm:

EDIT:

WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR WORK ON MIGHT & MAGIC, WHAT’S THE FIRST ASSOCIATION THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND?

The difficulty of converting 16-color Apple double-res graphics to the limited C64 mixed-mode with the limitation of 3 colors per 4x8 block. Also, having to write 2 scan line interrupts to switch the screen between 2-color hi-res and 16-color mixed mode per frame so the character names looked crisp at the bottom of the screen.

Man's got a sense of humor. :lol:

But it looks great when seen... nice info. ;)

might_and_magic_-_book_two_02.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
they [the developers] might possibly read this thread

Not 'possibly'. I spoke to quite a few both from PR and on the development team at Gamescom, and many of them demonstrated knowledge of specific users, linking them to arguments made in the threads here. "Oh right, *user*, he's the one who talked about *xyz*". And not just from this community.

Stabwound

Arcane
Not 'possibly'. I spoke to quite a few both from PR and on the development team at Gamescom, and many of them demonstrated knowledge of specific users, linking them to arguments made in the threads here. "Oh right, *user*, he's the one who talked about *xyz*". And not just from this community.
That's actually pretty cool. It's nice to hear that they're taking things like this into account, and that Ubisoft is letting them. Seriously, this game and everything about it is like bizarro world in a good way.

his wife, Brenda Brathwaite, one of the creators of the Wizardry series
God, I want to strangle her every time this is brought up. Doing design work on the manuals does not making you a fucking creator of the series. She even said that in her shitty kickstarter and couldn't even look at the camera.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You are naive if you think that happens only to French. Those linguistic neoplasms creep into just about every language exposed to pop culture/mass media out there, and they always sound fucking retarded. "Shopping" can also be found in potato nowadays, among other things.
It's all over the place in pretty much every western and southern European country as far as I know. Not sure about slavspeak though.

In slavspeak too. And people complain about it too.

Stabwound

Arcane
JVC probably has no interest in CRPGs anymore, but if there's one kickstarter I'd really like to see, it would be him doing a spiritual successor to Xeen. That is one awesome and ambitious game (counting the dual-world mechanic) and it sucks that he's the one guy that probably can't and won't get involved in KS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom