Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
When I spoke to the dev team, they primarily spoke about two bits of criticism concerning the preview build; a) shops WILL replenish and b) they know itemization is shit now, loot and itemization is barely finished.

So yeah, there's that.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There's also stuff like the starter water spell (ice bolt) costing the same mana as firebolt, and doing a third of the damage with no apparent debuff or secondary effect that would account for that
It does apply some sort of debuff with that web like frosty icon

Played a bit, game lags and crashes and so on, but has potential to be an average, fun game.
The shit is it's set in Ashan which is a terribly bland and uninspired world. And the first quest is giant spiders. Fuck me when will they stop with giant spiders. Fuuuck. And Dragons everywhere dragons uhhh

Somebody should send developers Grimoire demo so they'd try it's handy map fast traveling

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
When I spoke to the dev team, they primarily spoke about two bits of criticism concerning the preview build; a) shops WILL replenish and b) they know itemization is shit now, loot and itemization is barely finished.

So yeah, there's that.

Nothing about the performance/optimization?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

So yeah, there's that.

I think it was pretty commonly accepted that this was in no way the finished game as far as perfomance and bugs was concerned. Should go without saying concerning it's just an early access.

But I dunno. I didn't talk to them about that a lot, having not played the Early Access myself.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

So yeah, there's that.

No, they've decided to leave that broken for that oldschool 386 experience

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
@IDtenT: I realize that was probably sarcastic, but just to clear this up:

having not played the Early Access myself.
And you call yourself a journalist...

I don't actually. I'm not sure where you ever saw me calling myself that. I don't enjoy the prospect of taking on the mantle of someone who has both education and experience in the field like so many Wainwrights or whatever. I'm just a gamer that writes for an internet forum (for free, I might add).

Now, the fact that I read the devblog, read a bunch of player experiences with the early access, read about Limbic and the people there and know the backstory of the game itself and every one of its predecessor's probably lends me a good deal of integrity compared to the average person who names him or herself "games journalist." The fact that I'm still not willing to call myself that says more about the people who are supposedly professionals than anything else, really.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
The shit is it's set in Ashan which is a terribly bland and uninspired world. And the first quest is giant spiders. Fuck me when will they stop with giant spiders. Fuuuck. And Dragons everywhere dragons uhhh

fucken first dungeon giant spiders herp banal shit boring derp ashan derp decline monocle derp
42413-might-and-magic-clouds-of-xeen-dos-screenshot-cave-battle-the.gif

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Shrugs. Enroth in the original games was a generic fantasy world, nothing special about it. It is not the world and the story which made the games great.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah let's be fair, the whole demo also has nagas, bandits and...

Shrugs. Enroth in the original games was a generic fantasy world, nothing special about it. It is not the world and the story which made the games great.
The games it tries to mimic aren't set in Enroth. And if you don't think this game suffers from the terrible modern fantasy world and assets ripped from H6 then good for you, wish I had such poor taste so I could enjoy more things

I really miss the old MM3-5 era enemy sprites. They were so full of character, even the hit animations were really creative.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah let's be fair, the whole demo also has nagas, bandits and...

The games it tries to mimic aren't set in Enroth. And if you don't think this game suffers from the terrible modern fantasy world and assets ripped from H6 then good for you, wish I had such poor taste so I could enjoy more things
Hurr durr, I like the oldschool generic fantasy setting more than the modern generic fantasy setting, so I talk down to you from my high horse.

I like the visual style of the old games more than H6 or MMX, but as far as the worlds itself, they are both pretty average.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shrugs. Enroth in the original games was a generic fantasy world, nothing special about it.

Them blasters and oracles and aliens. So generic lul!

Yeah, it's not like every fantasy setting and its mother had spaaaaaaace back in those days. Hell, even its cousin Wizardry had spaaaaaace at the time, so it isn't just confined to other paths of fiction.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shrugs. Enroth in the original games was a generic fantasy world, nothing special about it.

Don't bring up the sci-fi stuff, because that is the most retarded thing in the MM universe. And you know that I was talking about the fantasy part of the game.

That is the worst argument I've ever heard for anything, lol.

"Setting is generic... like, if you remove half of what makes the setting, so let's not talk about that." Son, I agree with your general opinion, but that argument was silly as shit :lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Guys, what do you think about this style of conversation in comparison to the original one? (just do not kill me)

24cs8d2.jpg

That actually looks decent I think, 'specially compared to the original, but the very bare bones dark see-through boxes don't fit with the rest of the UI.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Don't bring up the sci-fi stuff, because that is the most retarded thing in the MM universe. And you know that I was talking about the fantasy part of the game.

That is the worst argument I've ever heard for anything, lol.

"Setting is generic... like, if you remove half of what makes the setting, so let's not talk about that."
Half what? The sci-fi part was bearly 10% of the game, and I was being generous. And it really didn't fit the setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom