Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Many complain about that, the rate is too high currently.

Maybe the cheap gear in the beginning is just ... shit.

Luzur

Good Sir
:bounce:

I'm really surprised they're opening up the editor to Early Access patrons. Usually editors are released AFTER a game is released let alone during a beta trial... I hope this doesn't bode ill for its simplicity (edit: I think "limited functionality" is what I meant to say.) I am cautiously super fucking excited.

in b4 ambitious MM3/World of Xeen remakes.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
in b4 ambitious MM3/World of Xeen remakes.

Unlikely given the amount of work involved in that. A look at Grimrock Modding confirms that only very small mods achieved to be completed at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Replies to Early Access version feedback: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/521b9074e754b64a72000000

FIRST FEEDBACK TO SOME OF THE OFTEN MENTIONED TOPICS

TIME PASSING, DAY/NIGHT TOO FAST

We read that most of you find the passing of time too fast. We understood quickly and discussed the following change as a new iteration / test to see how it feels like (below numbers in minutes per tile):

AS IT IS NOW: 15/5/5 (Outdoor, Sorpigal, Dungeon)

NEXT ITERATION: 5/1/2 (Outdoor, Sorpigal, Dungeon)

As a result your party will not become “weak” as fast as in the current version. The next iteration will be included within the next patch.

MAP LOCATIONS + NOTES WANTED

We read that you guys want to see locations on your map and at best notes to them (or being able to do notes yourselves). And of course we do plan to add locations to the maps, we just have not yet have time to implement it. But we still will, of course. However right now I cannot promise that a new iteration of the map will already be included in the very next patch, as some other features (and especially bugs) have received priority. But sooner or later it will be in. As soon as I know more about the timing, I’ll let you know of course.

(We also still plan to share our map plans on the blog in a separate posting soon).

WEAPON / ARMOR DURABILITY NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

A bug has crept into the Early Access version. Equipment breaks too often. Unfortunately the break chance is applied on every combat action which is not intended.

The intended design is:

• A weapon break check if your attack gets blocked by an enemy.
• A shield break chance if you block a critical attack from an enemy.
• An armor break chance if you get critical hit.

This should be fixed with the upcoming patch. We’d like to see if this fixes the whole issue, or if we still need to change the chance (currently 10%) of equipment/weapon breaking. Let´s see how it turns out.

SHOPS – RESTOCKING WANTED

Yes you were correct to complain about shops not restocking. I am happy to tell you, that shops will restock with the next patch! This includes the availability of health and mana potions.

SPELLS & MANA REGENERATION NEEDS BALANCING

We also saw that a lot of you discussed the balancing of spells and mana costs or mana regeneration. We will need to have a closer look into that. For the upcoming patch we will not make any changes. Please note that due to the item restocking in shops you should be able to stock up on health and mana potions again.

RANGER / BOW MASTERY EXPERT NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS

We also saw that there were several discussions involving the Ranger in general, the damage caused by bows and / or the ranged attack in general (especially not being able to target). We will take a closer look into all feedback during the next days.

ATTACK ITEMS DISAPPEAR – NEEDS TO BE FIXED

In the past when you’ve moved your attack icon in the bottom bar just a little bit, it might have gone lost and you have had to drag it back out of your spell book. With the next patch we will change this in a way, that attack icons at the bottom can only be overwritten by other attack items from the spell book (you will need to drag drop them over the existing icons, to remove existing action icons).

DISPLAY OF ENEMY STATISTICS

Some of you have complained about not knowing what kind of enemies are out there. We’d like to give you a few hints about that:

When you fight an enemy you are currently seeing their health bars (might still be optional in the future). Depending on the length of the health bar, you can see how much life this enemy has, which also indicates the difficulty. Besides, during a fight you can also see icons below their bars, showing different abilities or buffs. Hovering those with your mouse will give you details.

Besides there is a “Bestiary” which you can find in the journal. After defeating a certain type of enemy for the first time, an entry about that enemy will be added to your journal. With each time you defeat that type of enemy more statistics about that type of enemy will be revealed in your journal. So the more often you meet them, the more you learn about them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides, the following mentioned feedback will be addressed with the next patch already:

UNCONSCIOUS SHOULD WORK DIFFERENTLY

Right now the unconscious state is not removed after resting. It was correct of you guys to complain about it. With the next patch unconscious will be removed after resting!

HEALING WITHIN TEMPLE

Some of you complained that your health went down again after leaving the temple. We will change this for the next patch.

DIFFERENT CURSOR WANTED

We are aware that some of you guys would like to see a different cursor and at best also different states of the cursor; depending on what you want to do (i.e. grabbing). As already mentioned on the forums some time ago, we do plan to implement a different cursor and also different states of the cursor. With the next patch, we will however only have a different look of the cursor (not yet the states, those will still follow).

There's going to be another Open Dev Chat on Wednesday: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/521b9411e754b6e964000004

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Some dude made a BG1 remake on NWN2, being incredibly unnecessary seems to increase the chance of a remake being completed so I say a MM3/WoX remake is quite possible

Stabwound

Arcane
Not to mention a MM3/WoX remake would be infinitely easier to do considering the style of games and now the editors work. I didn't look exactly, but are MMX dungeons not larger or just as large as the typical MM3-5 dungeon? 32x32 or some shit?

Luzur

Good Sir
Not to mention a MM3/WoX remake would be infinitely easier to do considering the style of games and now the editors work. I didn't look exactly, but are MMX dungeons not larger or just as large as the typical MM3-5 dungeon? 32x32 or some shit?

approx the same size, if im not mistaken.

i havent sized them up in that way yet.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why remake MM3? It's near perfection as it is. I even looks still good.

4 words: NWC's midi code sucks.

If you try to use the Roland sound path, unless you're using the exact synthesizer unit they were developing on, all the sound effects are sourced from the wrong bank.
One of the more notable changes is that walking through a door plays a ringing phone.

Zeriel

Arcane

If you try to use the Roland sound path, unless you're using the exact synthesizer unit they were developing on, all the sound effects are sourced from the wrong bank.
One of the more notable changes is that walking through a door plays a ringing phone.

:lol:

And this is a downside?

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture

This isn't a problem with NWC's midi code, though, MM3 doesn't support GM devices, so if you don't got the hardware you shouldn't choose the option.

(and everyone can have the hardware nowadays courtesy of munt!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom