Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Might & Magic X Teased by Ubisoft, To Be Revealed at PAX East

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have a very strange premonition about this-

That this will actually be a really good game. Don't ask why or where this feeling comes from; just accept it.
Let's wait and see.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, it's weird. When I looked at the first page I thought they might be trying to cash-in on this Kickstartering of real RPGs.
Then I saw the pictures of the M&M retrospective on page 5. The way they wrote that I can just sense - though I might be wrong - that they are going to lead this up to a big reveal post where it says something using phrases like "evolution", "social experience" and "exciting". MMORGP, calling it.

Stabwound

Arcane
A Might & Maggic MMO? Please, for the love of fucking everything, no. :decline:

I hadn't even considered that prospect. No, I don't choose to accept that as a possibility. :eek:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It's bound to suck, but I doubt it's gonna be an mmo. Full scale mmorpgs have seriously fallen out of favour in recent time, especially considering how all the big and hyped up ones have pretty much dropped on their faces in the long run (swtor, die geheime welt, guild wars 2). I doubt Ubi would be so dumb so as to think 'it will definitely work when WE DO IT!!!'.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I somehow doubt it would be called M&M X if they intended to make an MMO out of it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's bound to suck, but I doubt it's gonna be an mmo. Full scale mmorpgs have seriously fallen out of favour in recent time, especially considering how all the big and hyped up ones have pretty much dropped on their faces in the long run (swtor, die geheime welt, guild wars 2). I doubt Ubi would be so dumb so as to think 'it will definitely work when WE DO IT!!!'.

It would obviously be F2P/microtransaction based.

I somehow doubt it would be called M&M X if they intended to make an MMO out of it.

EA were about to do it for Ultima. Oh wait. :smug:

Luzur

Good Sir
i...i am actually both scared and uncertain now.

and on top of that i feel a sense of great anticipation.

Stabwound

Arcane
Well, okay, so if Massive is developing an MMORPG, are there any possibilities other than Might & Magic? I doubt it's a new IP. A new MMORPG is ridiculous anyway, and a free microtransaction game is even worse.

Well, that article doesn't outright say it's an MMO; they just speculate it will be. It could be them developing MMX and it has some kind of stupid multiplayer. They did Far Cry 3 recently, another 1st person game...

Diablo169

Arcane
If it really is an MMO then that's just bad branding. Why not call it Might and Magic online or something? Titling it as a numbered sequel to a series that hasn't had a release for 11 years would be retarded.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If it really is an MMO then that's just bad branding. Why not call it Might and Magic online or something? Titling it as a numbered sequel to a series that hasn't had a release for 11 years would be retarded.

Because like I said, they already have a Might & Magic: Heroes Online. Shit is getting confusing.

Stabwound

Arcane
They've prodded this poor corpse long enough. At least give us a traditional M&M sequel. At least that has the potential to be good, even on a nostalgic level. But making an MMO out of it is no longer prodding the corpse, but dropping trow and taking a huge diarrhea shit all over its face.

Richard Garriott already defecated on Ultima last week. Don't make this the second. :(

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Ubisoft already have a number of Migt&Magic spin-off games (Kingdoms, Clash of Heroes, Raiders, Duel Of Champions), so they already know how to do branding. They would be stupid to slap "M&M X" on a game that is anything but a direct sequel.

Diablo169

Arcane
Bleh would really suck if it does turn out to be an MMO. I did have a thought earlier, they had a massive success with Farcry 3 didnt they? Which the media started calling "Skyrim with guns guys!" I wonder if they want some more of that sweet Elder Scrolls money and this is their way of doing it.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I'm guessing we'll get either an MMO or an Elder Scrolls type game masquerading as an M&M game. Fuck this gay earth, if JVC had the rights we might see a true sequel.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Since they're going with a numbered sequel it seems unlikely to me that they'd change the gameplay too much considering they could just as easily make Dark Messiah 2 or another spin-off. Or they could have acquired brain damage these past few years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom