Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I suspect what is actually happening is parts are getting broken while the monster is down, causing the monster to get back up earlier.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Edit: It seems that the monster's downtime is halved if the mounter is not allowed to finish. Because of this GS users will not be able to do a fully charged attack which has the most damage.

I did not know the full details but this matches my experience in the game and that's why I complained about hitting the mounted monsters.

KO is a status effect like any other. I don't know the exact numbers, but the first KO (whether by mounting, hammer bonk, or SA ejaculation) will last around 15 seconds, the second KO will last around 10 seconds, and the third KO will last around 5 seconds. Any subsequent KOs will last around 5 seconds at most, possibly fewer, and they'll be much harder to attain.

There may be exceptions here and there, but otherwise this should be about right.

That reminds me, my fucking Insect Glaive moth kinsect crossed the sever threshold on Rathian's tail today, and mothed it right off. We had a good laugh over that.

Damned Registrations

I lied when I said I killed Xeno earlier, it was actually my Palico. Either that or flying into a wall did it.

Hyperion

Arcane
Flashpodding a mounted monster is not recommended. In fact, it makes you a fucking asshole because Tempered Monsters have hard limits on the number of times they can be podded now. And if you decide to waste a pod on mounted Tempered Kushala because you're an impatient faggot who needs to see flashing numbers every second of every fight, I'd probably boot you from the party if it were my quest, and I weren't too much of a lazy ass to scroll through my options menu and find the boot option.

In fact, my ps4 mounting message was, "DON'T FUCKING FLASH POD DAMNIT." Never worked because I was always partied with either trolls or slants who can't read Engrish. Congratulations dickhead, that Teostra with full burning aura you just flashpodded? Yeah, you just fucked the entire team out of ambient damage over time because if you let me finish the mount it would extinguish the fire. And delay his Supernova for some time. But no, if you aren't smashing the Circle button your finger muscles will atrophy and your nonexistent girlfriend will hate me for eternity.

Tl;dr - Don't flashbomb Tempered monsters, you aren't helping, you're a cocksucker with an itchy trigger finger.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
This game could use some serious PC-oriented (or just general) QoL improvements beyond the blatantly obvious.

For example, gear, item, ammo, and radial menu presets are almost impossible to coordinate with anything remotely approaching flexibility or elegance. You need different combinations of mantles for different activities, for example, but the radial menu presets for mantles are tied to item presets. You won't always use the same weapon against the same monster/combination of multiple monsters, so you may or may not need to carry ammo. If you do, it might be a different spread of ammo for different sorts of ranged weapons, and you don't want to carry every single type along usually because it clutters ammo switching. As far as items go, the buff items, restoratives, pods, traps and tranqs or barrels, and miscellaneous items will probably fluctuate.

Presetting for every permutation would take a long weekend, I think, and still not be perfect. I guess the ideal thing is to have a different equipment, item, and radial preset for each monster, tweaked as necessary, and updated if you get new gear, jewels, etc.

It would also be nice if more functions were available to be bound to the many unused keys on the keyboard, such as one-button menus for Bounties, Investigations, Wishlist, Gestures menu (radial slots are too precious to waste on those), one-button Megapotions, buffs, and restoratives, etc. This can be done with AutoHotkey or driver/hardware keyboard macros, but in the case of one-button items, you'll need them in the radial menu and you'll need them in the same spots on every radial menu layout. You can bring up the chat and then click on Gestures, but that's an additional click and movement of the mouse.

Fortunately I have a mouse with five easily accessible buttons and three less-accessible buttons including scroll wheel MMB, which turns out to work exceptionally well. LMB is light attack/draw/etc., RMB is heavy attack/interact (or aiming reticle for ranged weapons), side button 1 is block/special/other (heavy attack/interact with ranged weapons), side button 2 is push-to-talk, the thumb button brings up the pod reticle, and scroll wheel either scrolls the linear item menu when melee or scrolls ammo automatically when ranged.

Haven't quite decided what to do with MMB or the less accessible two extra mouse buttons yet. I may use them for macros for annoying combos like charging the CB blade, which I frequently fuck up in the heat of battle.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Flashpodding a mounted monster is not recommended. In fact, it makes you a fucking asshole because Tempered Monsters have hard limits on the number of times they can be podded now. And if you decide to waste a pod on mounted Tempered Kushala because you're an impatient faggot who needs to see flashing numbers every second of every fight, I'd probably boot you from the party if it were my quest, and I weren't too much of a lazy ass to scroll through my options menu and find the boot option.

In fact, my ps4 mounting message was, "DON'T FUCKING FLASH POD DAMNIT." Never worked because I was always partied with either trolls or slants who can't read Engrish. Congratulations dickhead, that Teostra with full burning aura you just flashpodded? Yeah, you just fucked the entire team out of ambient damage over time because if you let me finish the mount it would extinguish the fire. And delay his Supernova for some time. Ut no, if you aren't smashing the Circle button your finger muscles will atrophy and your nonexistent girlfriend will hate me for eternity.

Tl;dr - Don't flashbomb Tempered monsters, you aren't helping, you're a cocksucker with an itchy trigger finger.
I rarely flashpod anything, occasionally I'll do it to get something out of the air, but overall I just find that it makes monsters unpredictable and makes me cart faster than If I didn't.

Damned Registrations

In fact, my ps4 mounting message was, "DON'T FUCKING FLASH POD DAMNIT." Never worked because I was always partied with either trolls or slants who can't read Engrish. Congratulations dickhead, that Teostra with full burning aura you just flashpodded? Yeah, you just fucked the entire team out of ambient damage over time because if you let me finish the mount it would extinguish the fire. And delay his Supernova for some time. Ut no, if you aren't smashing the Circle button your finger muscles will atrophy and your nonexistent girlfriend will hate me for eternity.

I rarely flashpod anything, occasionally I'll do it to get something out of the air, but overall I just find that it makes monsters unpredictable and makes me cart faster than If I didn't.
Depends a ton on the monster and your weapon. Some of them get real predictable if you blind them at smack their face around, because half their moveset is gone. Also great if you need to heal or sharpen.

Does anyone know what that tzitzi helm trait does? "Makes flashpods more successful' is way too fucking vague.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone know what that tzitzi helm trait does? "Makes flashpods more successful' is way too fucking vague.

I'm using it extensively atm, mainly due to lack of more interesting armor pieces. I've not actually tested shit but I'm under the impression that the duration of the daze is extended, I've noticed my own flashes seem to consistently last longer than those I get from environment/flashfly cage. If a monster is immune (like Tzi-Tzi itself) the helm will do jack shit. It could also slightly enlarge the AoE but since they are already pretty easy to aim, I couldn't really notice any difference.

Again, don't quote me on this, I'm the greenest of newbs itt.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Haven't quite decided what to do with MMB or the less accessible two extra mouse buttons yet. I may use them for macros for annoying combos like charging the CB blade, which I frequently fuck up in the heat of battle.

Oh before I forget (and for anyone else who didn't know), that crazy combo listed in the training area isn't the only way to charge the blade. Just do the normal vial charge (hold block and press wide/heavy attack), then hold straight/light attack when he sticks the sword in until the axe edges pop out.

Seethe

Arbiter
Bought this game on a whim, didn't expect to like it so much. It has a lot of QoL issues though.

Perkel

Arcane
Bought this game on a whim, didn't expect to like it so much. It has a lot of QoL issues though.

That is for sure but you would not believe just how much QoL chages made in comparison to previous games...
Imho some of QoL changes kind of failed, like ability to launch quest from any point in hub.
Gathering hall thanks to that is completely empty and no one uses it.
They either need to allow people to see each other in hub or force people to use gathering hub.

Other change i don't like is that everytime you end quest and get back to Astera you get to gate of city from which everything is just to damn far away especially workshop. You should either get back to that gate near cantinee or just to your house doors.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Other change i don't like is that everytime you end quest and get back to Astera you get to gate of city from which everything is just to damn far away especially workshop.

Fun fact. You can teleport around just by opening the map and clicking on a location (this works for both hubs and expeditions) but if you're standing in the tradeyard, the option to warp to the workshop is grayed out :retarded:

Damned Registrations

I'm about 90% sure that was on purpose to keep hundreds of thousands of morons from missing out on 90% of the quests by never visiting the tradeyard. The farm is there at least, which is probably the most important thing to visit regularly anyways. Wish I had 10 slots on that fucking thing. Need more might/armor seed and sleep herb and parshroom and devil blight and mandragora and honey and bitterbug and webs and ivy and thunder and flash bugs and hnnnng.

Seethe

Arbiter
trvu4zyl9qi11.png

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Fought (and captured) my first Diablos. Man, it was an heck of a fight, 42 minutes :lol: I emptied a full stack of screamer pods and the full stack of 10 screamer sacks I had brought "for emergencies" + 8 mega potions, all the EZ supplies and the flash pods! He managed to cart me once but it was an immensely satisfying fight! I also managed to consistently use foresight slash in the last phase of the fight, I was out of screamers and I had to find a way to counter its charges FSS is perfect for those slow but hard to avoid attacks!

In the end I broke both its horn and also cut its tail but I forgot to carve it :argh:

Seethe

Arbiter
Fought (and captured) my first Diablos. Man, it was an heck of a fight, 42 minutes :lol: I emptied a full stack of screamer pods and the full stack of 10 screamer sacks I had brought "for emergencies" + 8 mega potions, all the EZ supplies and the flash pods! He managed to cart me once but it was an immensely satisfying fight! I also managed to consistently use foresight slash in the last phase of the fight, I was out of screamers and I had to find a way to counter its charges FSS is perfect for those slow but hard to avoid attacks!

In the end I broke both its horn and also cut its tail but I forgot to carve it :argh:

Yeah, I know that feeling. Since I played Dark Souls in the past, I thought that cutting tails would automatically put the loot in my inventory. And so I had to cut like 10 tails for no reason, before realizing that I had to carve them as well.

Damned Registrations

I cut Xeno's tail and got sent back as I was about to carve it. It was right under the body so I assumed I'd have time, but nope, body had a bajillion carves so fuck my tail. Now I don't even know how to fight the fucker again.

mogwaimon

Magister
Quick tip, if you tap the button while carving you actually carve faster in this game. Works also for other gathering points, if you don't tap the button especially on elder dragons or Xeno you may run out of time to carve since it'll be 4 separate animations, basically.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
It's nice when you've got botanical research maxed out, because then you can keep all fertilizers and a catalyst going, and you only need to visit once every five quests to reapply soft soil and scoop out the produce. It's also a good idea to synchronize safaris with soft soil application, since each must by cycled every five quests.

It's a shame that both the safaris and the Argosy become one-dimensional after a while, though. The Argosy is pretty much only good for consumables due to bringing back screamer pods, dung pods, miscellaneous useful stuff, and most importantly, dash extract (rarely); once you no longer need HR elemental sacs, safaris are mainly useful for dash extract (from Tzitzi/Diablos), nourishing extract, and/or kelbi horns, depending on what's available.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I need a couple advices from some of the veterans here. I just finished farming Legiana and I can now forge the whole set, although I frankly don't care to have it all atm. I grabbed the Helm for Divine Blessing and the Mail for Evade Window. As for the rest of my equip, I'm using Lumu Coil (Div. Bless), Kadachi Vambraces ( Evade Extender + looks cool) Hornetaur Greaves (Handicraft) + a Divine Blessing Charm. My question is, should I swap something else in order to trigger Legiana's Blessing? Is it worth it? In order to do so, I think my least useful equip atm are the Vambraces, I don't exactly need EvExt as a Long Sword user but Airborn from Legiana is even less useful for me...

Second question. In order to comfortably farm Noios, I briefly tried equipping some ranged weapons and I think I dig the Hvy Bowgun playstyle. As far as I can tell it's all about positioning, timing and knowing the ins and outs of ammo. Speaking about positioning, do you think it's better to spec for Evade Extender and use rolls for repositioning or Quick Sheath and plain old run? As far as I can tell, the first option sounds better for short range Wyvernheart abuse while the second should make those carpe diem Wyvernsnipe moment a bit easier to pull off.

Plz gib tipz!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom