Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Use switch axe or charge blade
lol he complain about clunkiness and you suggest using the clunkiest weapon ( SA) .
I recommend insect glaive instead. you will do less damage but it is much more fluid

He probably means that the weapons have more mechanics than left click at the right time which I would find more fun. I do dig charge blade from trying it out a bit. The concept of using a shield as an axe is pretty cool no doubt. The weapon does seem to be pretty versatile and mobile enough.

Vorark

Erudite
https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1690473920132759900

Fix Patch Notification

Notification
We released a patch that addresses the following previously reported issues concerning screen freezes and performance drops for some users.

- Screen freeze that affects users with certain graphics cards. (Occurs with DirectX 11 only.)

We implemented improvements to address this issue, which occurs more often with CPUs with lower core counts.

- Performance issue that affects users with certain system specifications.

We addressed an issue that could potentially cause a drop in FPS for users with certain specifications when using DirectX 12.

- We added measures to reduce CPU usage. Please note that effects of this improvement depend on your system specifications.

- We fixed an issue where the game would crash when using certain monitors after starting the game in windowed mode, starting the game in remote desktop, or when pressing Alt+Tab.

According to people on Steam forums, CPU usage has indeed been lessened.

Vorark

Erudite
SkiNNyBane, you should keep experimenting with the Charge Blade if you want something more mechanically involved, it's a very rewarding weapon to learn. Just try to go beyond the usual "SAED spam" stage.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you get crashes with the new patch, switching to full screen mode might help. Borderless crashes a lot for me now. Was perfectly fine before this "fix".

Edit: Switching to DX11 might also help.

[Notification]
We are still looking into reported issues of frame rate instability. While looking into the issue, we were able to identify specific settings which triggered this issue, as well as several temporary countermeasures. The problem has been confirmed to occur when all of the following settings are true:

- The refresh rate on your monitor is set higher than 60 Hz;
- You are using windowed or borderless windowed mode;
- You are using a G-SYNC compatible display;
- You have selected "Enable for windowed and full screen mode" under "Set up G-SYNC" in the NVIDIA control panel

Note: We have confirmed that this issue only affects some, but not all, G-SYNC and Adaptive-Sync compatible monitors.

If the above settings apply to you, please try the following:
- Change the game to full screen mode
- If you still wish to try playing in windowed or borderless windowed mode, open the NVIDIA Control Panel, select "Set up G-SYNC" from the left column, and either:
(a) Uncheck the box for "Enable G-SYNC, G-SYNC Compatible", or
(b) Change the option from "Enable for windowed and full screen mode" to "Enable for full screen mode"

4d58578fe3b3b882b826bd3e4b7c462c36fc21a7.jpg

There is a good chance that this will fix the issue temporarily, so we ask that affected users please try this while we look into more permanent solutions.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to look into this issue and others that may affect drops in frame rate. Please stay tuned for news on any future developments.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Are there reasons to buy iceborne before I finished everything in the base game?

Master ranks is like when you went from Low rank to High rank. So imho you shouldn't grind high rank end game but just go straight to dlc.
Either way your gear you spend 100s of hours in highrank will be worthless when you hit master rank as even jaggras armor will have better defense than best high rank gear you could craft, same with weapons.

I really hope for MH2 they will better integrate master rank and start with MR from start.
Or just go away with Low rank/High rank/Master rank alltogether. That made sense for previous games when you had very little content. Not for something like MHXX or 4U. MHW itself is now reaching 60+ large monsters and with release of MH2 they will for sure reused old monster so we could hope getting close to 90 like in MHXX and it would make a lot of sense if jaggras wasn't repeatable monster. Instead they could just use variants/rare/subspecies as form of harder version of monster.

Cromwell

Arcane
Thanks for the info but I meant more along the lines of fetures that would be cool for world but are only enabled if you own iceborne

Sentinel

Arcane
Thanks for the info but I meant more along the lines of fetures that would be cool for world but are only enabled if you own iceborne
The clutch claw and the weapon moves that come with it are iceborne only (and can be used in the vanilla zones).
Also some events are Iceborne only, such as the one currently going on where you can get some pretty sweet looking gear.

mogwaimon

Magister
Iceborne adds in new moves for each weapon and the clutch claw, I don't think you can access either of those without buying Iceborne. Other than that, yea, Iceborne is mainly endgame stuff.

Regarding high rank armor, I'm still finding success with Drachen armor and that new Defender LS even past Barioth, so if you've got top tier HR gear it's not 'entirely' worthless, probably. The damage added from Drachen armor is just too good and I'm not getting one-shot or anything yet so it's not too big a deal. Most of the MR weapons right now are either sidegrades or downgrades, IMO, either same raw but blue sharpness or slightly higher raw/blue sharpness. LS kinda gets shafted a bit in terms of MR upgrades until like, Tigrex LS becomes available I think.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ii gave up on taking on behemoth with high rank gear. Never really grinded the AT monsters so i never really got decent decorations.

Started iceborne to get dat master rank gears before tackling it again.

Perkel

Arcane
so are mods usable again after the patch broke it when IB comes out?

There is already mod enabler but mods need to be converted in order to work.
For some weird reason Capcom decided to completely encrypt all data files.

Previously you could just dump mods into nativePC folder and it would work out of the box as game was super mod friendly.

Cromwell

Arcane
I just cant decide on a weapon its killing me. I narrowed it down somewhat to Longsword, greatsword and Great Bowgun. But the others also seem cool.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, mods need updates for Iceborne. But they are slowly rolling out.

KfSGqCH.jpg

Also, Rajang is coming:

Title Update 1 releases on Thursday, February 6, 0:00 UTC, and will include new features and bug fixes!

[Major Features]
- "Rajang" added to the game.

Quests that feature Rajang can be unlocked by talking to the Admiral in Seliana after (1) having beaten the game and (2) having visited the Guiding Lands at least once.

New Rajang-based hunter and Palico equipment have also been added!

You can also obtain a new weapon pendant, Rajang Claws, by completing all of the quests given to you by the Admiral.

- "Volcanic Region" unlocked in the Guiding Lands.

- Player Room Updates

You can now set your room to "public" via the Housekeeping or start menus. Setting your room to public allows other hunters in your online session to visit your room (all rooms will be set to public by default). You can also add a passcode to your room or make it completely private.

[Featured Events]
- Holiday Joy Fest

- Weapon Design Contest Event Quest, "Every Hunter's Dream II" — February 6 to March 12 (UTC)

- Weapon Design Contest Event Quest, "Every Hunter's Dream III" — February 6 to March 12 (UTC)

- Raccoon City Collaboration Event Quest, "RE: Return of the Bioweapon" — February 6 to March 12 (UTC)

[Bug Fixes]
- Fixed an issue where temporary files were saved to the wrong location when taking in-game screenshots while the Steam Cloud is active.

Please note that this issue has no effect on game progression, but if the folder "_TempPhoto" has been created in the root folder of the drive where you have the application installed, it may be safely deleted. Once the patch has been applied, future files will be saved to the same folder as save data.

- Added a wider range of framerate options.

- Fixed other minor bugs.

Perkel

Arcane
They should fucking remove loading for room and give player choice which room he wants.

I fucking hate the "best" from base game and new one from Seliana. The second one is the best, cozy and shit.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I just cant decide on a weapon its killing me. I narrowed it down somewhat to Longsword, greatsword and Great Bowgun. But the others also seem cool.

I have spent playing MH with a Greatsword (GS) since Freedom Unite. I have recently picked up Heavy Bow Gun (HBG), and Gunlance (GL).

GL lets you stay close to monsters and poke, but any monster that plays "keep away" with you will be an ass to fight.

HBG lets you stick a shield (or 3 for max defense), and you can pepper the monster to death, but don't forget your guard skills or your evade extender (HBG can travel half the map with that evade roll with max evade extender).

GS is either quick sheathe style of play against fast monsters, and if you get used to a monster you can tackle into certain monster moves and deliver a walloping if you are positioned perfectly (no joke, positioning for damage with the GS is essential in IB (Iceborn)).

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My main setup usually:

- charge blade that is versatile. Decent mobility my main and 300 hours combined in 4U and world still haven't really mastered it. Compatible with most monsters i hunt.
-gunlance: for tanky biggy monsters that charges at you. Just turtle shell and poke with pointy boomy end
-hammer: kirin buster
-dual blades and light bowgun for faster monsters or annoying twerps that fly alot (bowgun)

Some other weapons i used but not main arsenal:
-long sword: tbh pretty fun but i dont want to commit to nee weapin type
-lance: also fun when you just joust monsters eyes out.
-switch axe: switch axe mains will roast me but for me it's literally the inferior cousin of charge blade. Less combo and more awkward combo. I dont dig it at all
-great sword: similar to hammer with less mobility but greater damage output if used right, but trickier to master and for casual use imo hammer is better because it does good damage with less commitment to master it plus extra mobility and simple but powerful combo
-heavy bowgun: i think it deals raw power but i prefer the light bowgun. Sacrificing special ammo and super shoot mode for extra mobility plus the mines in LBG deals pretty sweet damage and rapid fire shotgun with karma beats everything so far
-sword and shield: pretty crap tbh. Shit reach, mediocre everything. It's the first weapon i use and dropped it fast for the CB.
-insect glaive: tbh pretty good but the micro management is a pain in the ass. Shoot bugs to get phial, that last like 1 minute with shitty aim. It id better in world because you can aim with mouse but still i think i spent most time micromanaging the phials instead of attacking.

Never tried the rest of the weapons.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The main problem with SNS is that combo changes depending if you use forward key or not. It is really awkward to keep in mind while doing combos.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Most people don't understand how SNS is supposed to be utilized to play to its strengths. Stylish bombing sets records.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom