Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind defiling continues - Skywind

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
ps in the future Morrowind will be synonymous with Skywind
Nah, with Tamriel Rebuilt.
nope, sorry, the time to try salvage TR and start developing it for Skywind was yesterday

if they don't, Skywind will earn the unfortunate fame of killing Tamriel Rebuilt

BruceVC

Magister
I never understood why anyone would even bother trying to do Morrowind in either oblivion or skyrim. No medium armor, no spears (or even animations for them), no alchemy.
They have added spears in Skywind according to the latest video I posted. This F.A.Q. provided good information on how they work with the differences between Morrowind and Skyrim.
Im definitely keen to play this game but based on the FAQ final and completed release seems ages away? It worries me they dont want to commit to how far they are

volklore

Arcane
nope, sorry, the time to try salvage TR and start developing it for Skywind was yesterday

if they don't, Skywind will earn the unfortunate fame of killing Tamriel Rebuilt
TR has produced actually playable and original content. And a lot of it. Most of it is quite decent.
Skywind will be morrowind with shittier systems and marginally prettier than modded morrowind.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I never understood why anyone would even bother trying to do Morrowind in either oblivion or skyrim. No medium armor, no spears (or even animations for them), no alchemy.
They have added spears in Skywind according to the latest video I posted. This F.A.Q. provided good information on how they work with the differences between Morrowind and Skyrim.
Im definitely keen to play this game but based on the FAQ final and completed release seems ages away? It worries me they dont want to commit to how far they are
the FAQ is like 5 years old, look at the latest vid I posted here that got the discussion going again, that's the state of it

Lemming42

Arcane
Isn't Skywind meant to be a different game? I thought it had a bunch of original quests and characters and shit, rather than just replicating the MW ones like Morroblivion did. Like the main draw of this game was going to be that we were free from the mind-numbing bullshit of the original MW guild quests, please tell me it's true.

Gargaune

Magister
Isn't Skywind meant to be a different game? I thought it had a bunch of original quests and characters and shit, rather than just replicating the MW ones like Morroblivion did. Like the main draw of this game was going to be that we were free from the mind-numbing bullshit of the original MW guild quests, please tell me it's true.
I don't know too much about the topic, but I think both Skywind and Skyblivion are meant to be more or less straight remakes, you'd have various fixes and changes, but within the broad strokes of their originals. The Beyond Skyrim project is a separate gig that wants to recreate all the other Tamriel provinces on Skyrim's platform and in its timeline.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

TR is not even the tip of the iceberg

TR, OpenMW, TES3MP, P:C, S:HotN, BCOM, OAAB, Lua x2 (and continued work on MCP/MGE XE)

Of course this is like reading Chinese for normie

Please ignore this noob, only a completely dumb person can write such nonsense...

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
TR, OpenMW, TES3MP, P:C, S:HotN, BCOM, OAAB, Lua x2 (and continued work on MCP/MGE XE)
what is that, CHINESE? or some goof naming fucking Morrowind mods like it's esoterica LMAO

all will be rendered obsolete with Skywind's release, at which point developing mods for Morrowind will become a source of dysphoria for moddertrannies and to feel right again they'll either move on to Skywind or ack themselves

CHEMS

Scholar

TR is not even the tip of the iceberg

Of course this is like reading Chinese for normie

Please ignore this noob, only a completely dumb person can write such nonsense...
You forgot The Doors of Oblivion

Spike

Educated
what is that, CHINESE? or some goof naming fucking Morrowind mods like it's esoterica LMAO

all will be rendered obsolete with Skywind's release, at which point developing mods for Morrowind will become a source of dysphoria for moddertrannies and to feel right again they'll either move on to Skywind or ack themselves
They serve different purposes and TR will never be overshadowed, but by all means don't let us screeching autists prevent you from enjoying Skywind if you truly do. I just don't get it is all but more power to you.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
200 years pass between Morrowind and Skyrim. Look at how gay Scandinoids have become in the last 200 years and it doesn't seem all that farfetched.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I never understood why anyone would even bother trying to do Morrowind in either oblivion or skyrim. No medium armor, no spears (or even animations for them), no alchemy. Skyrim itself doesn't even have spell crafting. The enchanting in both games was much more limited than in Morrowind too.
This was my first thought when I first heard people were doing this. You don't have access to really alter the character system that much in any Bethesda game through mods, so you're stuck with that system that the base game gives you for the most part. You can tweek it, rename things, and so on, but you're stuck with the fundamental system that's already in place. There have been quite a few attempts to give Skyrim a more traditional Elder Scrolls skill system, but those are typically things outside the actual system that just modify the player as opposed to being able to do it directly. There's really not a good way to do Atheletics or Acrobatics in Skyrim, which was a huge part of playing a sneaky theif type character in that game.

You'll be able to make the story, and there's that expansion which added some Morrowind assets to the game, but the gameplay itself will be as shallow as Skyrim's. As you mentioned, there's no Medium Armor in Skyrim, so you're stuck with either ignoring that it exists and ditch all those armors OR you'll have to shoe horn those armors in to either Light or Heavy Armor, both of which have Perk Trees which may not make sense for the Morrowind idea of Medium Armor. Same thing with Spears. About the only caveat to the spears thing is that I don't recall any unique or special spears in the game.

VerSacrum

Educated
I never understood why anyone would even bother trying to do Morrowind in either oblivion or skyrim. No medium armor, no spears (or even animations for them), no alchemy. Skyrim itself doesn't even have spell crafting. The enchanting in both games was much more limited than in Morrowind too.
This was my first thought when I first heard people were doing this. You don't have access to really alter the character system that much in any Bethesda game through mods, so you're stuck with that system that the base game gives you for the most part. You can tweek it, rename things, and so on, but you're stuck with the fundamental system that's already in place. There have been quite a few attempts to give Skyrim a more traditional Elder Scrolls skill system, but those are typically things outside the actual system that just modify the player as opposed to being able to do it directly. There's really not a good way to do Atheletics or Acrobatics in Skyrim, which was a huge part of playing a sneaky theif type character in that game.

You'll be able to make the story, and there's that expansion which added some Morrowind assets to the game, but the gameplay itself will be as shallow as Skyrim's. As you mentioned, there's no Medium Armor in Skyrim, so you're stuck with either ignoring that it exists and ditch all those armors OR you'll have to shoe horn those armors in to either Light or Heavy Armor, both of which have Perk Trees which may not make sense for the Morrowind idea of Medium Armor. Same thing with Spears. About the only caveat to the spears thing is that I don't recall any unique or special spears in the game.
Spear movesets have been modded into Skyrim a long time ago. Surely that and additional skill trees for armour wouldn't be too hard to implement?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
200 years pass between Morrowind and Skyrim. Look at how gay Scandinoids have become in the last 200 years and it doesn't seem all that farfetched.

Did Thalmor subverted their society?
The Thalmor subvert every society, including the Altmer.

World-without-Altmer.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom