Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Hired Gun from Streum On Studio

I'm a 40K lorelet is there any suitable "EYE in everything but name" faction/setting that they could use as a replacement for a spiritual successor? Seems like they're gonna be stuck on the Warhammer IP going forward unless Focus wants to take a chance and use EYE instead.

I think Dark Mechanicus would actually be the best option. Their aesthetics haven't really been established so Streum On could easily reuse the EYE aesthetic, they have heavy amounts of cybernetic modification, unlike the AdMech they can engage in sorcery and probably use all sorts of weird modifications to boost their psychic ability (same as EYE), etc. And like EYE, they are a smaller force at war with the dominant human empire, often relying on subterfuge or pawns (Looters for EYE, CSM for DarkMech) to accomplish their goals.

You're basically free to make up any kind of weapons or powers or cybernetics for them since they aren't bound by any of the Adeptus Mechanicus' restrictions.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm a 40K lorelet is there any suitable "EYE in everything but name" faction/setting that they could use as a replacement for a spiritual successor? Seems like they're gonna be stuck on the Warhammer IP going forward unless Focus wants to take a chance and use EYE instead.

I think Dark Mechanicus would actually be the best option. Their aesthetics haven't really been established so Streum On could easily reuse the EYE aesthetic, they have heavy amounts of cybernetic modification, unlike the AdMech they can engage in sorcery and probably use all sorts of weird modifications to boost their psychic ability (same as EYE), etc. And like EYE, they are a smaller force at war with the dominant human empire, often relying on subterfuge or pawns (Looters for EYE, CSM for DarkMech) to accomplish their goals.

You're basically free to make up any kind of weapons or powers or cybernetics for them since they aren't bound by any of the Adeptus Mechanicus' restrictions.

I was about to say the Inquisition, since each Inquisitor can do whatever they want, including heavy cybernetics and dark rituals, fighting like anyone in the galaxy, then getting hunted by the rest of the Imperium when they inevitably go too far.
But Dark Mechanics could work too and they've never been too much in the spotlight, so Streum on could have more creative freedom than with the Inquisition

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, in terms of 40K E.Y.E. was basically an Inquisition game (Secreta Secorum is literally Inquisition in everything but name), so an FPS RPG with psyonics and hacking could be something with an Inquisitor as a protagonist (I guess that Adeptus Arbites would work too).

Necromunda is a nearly perfect setting too however - we will see how the game turns out, most likely less complex than E.Y.E. in terms of RPG elements and interactions with NPCs, but I still maintain hope that it will be p. good on its own.

Dark Mechanicum/Heretek setting would be sweet, though they never seemed to get much exposure (there are about two novels that feature them as far as I know). In any case it would fit very well too.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Official System Requirements from the Dev's Discord:

PC Minimum Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 6300 X6 / Intel Core i5-3570K
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: 1 GB VRAM, Radeon HD 7770 / GeForce GTX 560 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 50 GB

PC Recommended Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / Intel Core i5-8600K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: 6 GB VRAM, Radeon RX 5600 / GeForce GTX 1660

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X : 4K - 60FPS
Xbox Series S : 1080p (upscaled 4K) - 30FPS
PS4 : 1080p - 30FPS

vonAchdorf

Arcane

PC Minimum Specs:

PC Recommended Specs:

Pretty moderate - but we live in times of GPU shortages.

ADL

Prophet
I wouldn't call 50 GB of storage moderate, but maybe I should upgrade
Everyone should at least have 4TB of HDD space and 1TB of NVMe/SSD space these days. The HDD is just to move shit around if you're too broke to afford multiple high capacity SSDs.

orcinator

Liturgist
Yes, It's called Warhammer 40,000

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This is the only game releasing this year I actually want to be good.

Man, the absolute state of games in 2021. There's nothing fucking here.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

PC Minimum Specs:

PC Recommended Specs:

Windows 10 only :decline:

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looks okay tbh fam. I love that close combat (in style of the old Syndicate FPS) is in. I didnt see any stealth which is a bummer for me and it seems that the game is pretty much a straight up shooter with not much happening outside of combat (though marketing videos arent very good indicator of that, so there is hope), so not really an E.Y.E. spiritual successor or anything like that... but I am pretty sure I am going to have plenty of fun with this.

The loot crates flying out of dead enemies look kinda lame though.

there is no such thing as a bad 40k game

I wouldnt go that far, but 40K setting in itself will make any game better.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Looks okay tbh fam. I love that close combat (in style of the old Syndicate FPS) is in. I didnt see any stealth which is a bummer for me and it seems that the game is pretty much a straight up shooter with not much happening outside of combat (though marketing videos arent very good indicator of that, so there is hope), so not really an E.Y.E. spiritual successor or anything like that... but I am pretty sure I am going to have plenty of fun with this.

The loot crates flying out of dead enemies look kinda lame though.

Yeah loot crates are bothering me too. Weapon impact sounds and looks good though.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
From what I've seen so far, this is pretty solid for a $30/40 game, especially 40k. I might just day one this cause I'm so goddamn bored.

I love that the weapons have a weight to them. Really hope there's heavy plasma, flamer, autocannon, maybe even a few xenos weapons.

My only concern right now is mission structure. Does anybody know how it works, if it's just a linear slog or if you can take on actual mercenary work, etc?

Edit: I do have a complaint about the boltgun not sounding or acting like a lore boltgun. My head cannon is that this boltgun is just a knock-off version of whatever the Astartes/rich people use.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The loot popping up from the box is so off-putting.

And lol, the dog bit a guy so hard his leg flew into space @ 9:25

randir14

Augur
From what I've seen so far, this is pretty solid for a $30 game, especially 40k. I might just day one this cause I'm so goddamn bored.

I love that the weapons have a weight to them. Really hope there's heavy plasma, flamer, autocannon, maybe even a few xenos weapons.

My only concern right now is mission structure. Does anybody know how it works, if it's just a linear slog or if you can take on actual mercenary work, etc?

Edit: I do have a complaint about the boltgun not sounding or acting like a lore boltgun. My head cannon is that this boltgun is just a knock-off version of whatever the Astartes/rich people use.

It has a story campaign and you can get side missions as the main hub. Also the character is using an autogun, not a bolter. It's more similar to real life guns.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
From what I've seen so far, this is pretty solid for a $30 game, especially 40k. I might just day one this cause I'm so goddamn bored.

It has a story campaign and you can get side missions as the main hub. Also the character is using an autogun, not a bolter. It's more similar to real life guns.

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Cautiously hype.

I meant this boltgun. At least the trailer calls it a boltgun, so I'm assuming it's a boltgun. Wouldn't be the first time that marketing fucked up.

A boltgun should sound and feel like a small, automatic grenade launcher. Or like the gryojet on crack. Unfortunately in most licensed media, it's just a chunky smg.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom