Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No word yet as far as I know. Though twenty bucks says they'll be selling new classes at 10 dorraa a pop.

Well, drow race or "Menzoberranzan Renegade" are playable once you pay so it is safe to assume same for some classses, considering Perfect Worlds previous games.
This game smells P2W unfortunately.
Personally I suspect it's most nothing to do with PW, but the previous premium model established in Cryptic's F2P (where the only real P2W option so far is Freeform character slots in Champions). I'd predict what will happen is that they'll be selling classes that might be marginally better or easier to use, but more importantly that have some kind of nerd buzz attached to them (a good example of this is was the endgame premium variant of the Galaxy class in Star Trek Online, which is actually the very worst ship in the endgame; but some folks do buy it because it's the Galaxy); ie, Drizzt Ranger class and the like. The Menzobarrmalraghekrhymagbdfjh Drow are a very good example of this principle, which seems to all about skinning those bottom-feeders who somehow find Salvatore's shlock worthwhile.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
And remember Vaarna, when Crispy isn't looking we shall execute plan Vallankaappaus.

Vaarna_Aarne

Btw, in-game tailors are going to be in, don't know if they'll have them finished by Beta Weekend 4. But yea, this is great news.

Vaarna_Aarne

I haven't played enough to have a final say, but so far I have enjoyed the basic gameplay on the classes. In many ways, I found the gameplay to be how Guild Wars 2 SHOULD have been made.

I'll be posting more stuff about Beta Weekend 4.

pocahaunted

Arcane
I was asking cause I only got the chance to play cleric for less than an hour. The game was satisfying, but some people have been saying it's fairly shallow, which would suck. It does look polished, which is definitely a plus.

No way to get into BW4, unfortunately, so I'll be looking forward to your feedback.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, the latest dev diary posted on the site is talking about adding more choice into your abilities and leveling.

As for whether or not it's shallow, I reserve my eventual view for the future once I reach the endgame. I would say though that one should consider the frame of reference used and qualifications for shallow for said people. But my prediction is that at the very least I'll be playing it when it comes out as a Wizard (since someone FINALLY makes wizards that don't bother with something as pedestrian as having a normal weapon).

J1M

Arcane
They really need to do something about evening out the mobility of the classes. I want to play a more interesting class, but the ability to move so quickly between locations and to kill groups of enemies with ease speed made the 2-handed weapon fighter clearly the best choice.

Vaarna_Aarne

Probably going to happen, seeing how 2-hander came to the beta only last time, and it's not the open beta yet. Lots of cosmetic options aren't in yet either, seeing how last time also put in horn selection for Male Tieflings as an example.

Personally what I hope is that they'll have enough role variety for build options with each class.

Froglok

Educated
F2P MMOs are a cancer and need to die

Also, 4.0 D&D sucks dicks. And not the good kind of dicks found on hot trannies. I'm talking big hairy dicks that smell of b.o. and Cryptic Studios™

Zetor

Arcane
I wonder how many things from the alpha test will make it into BWE4.

Anyway, feel free to play my foundry quest: "March of the Destroyer". It has c&c (lol).

Zetor

Arcane
Anyway, feel free to play my foundry quest: "March of the Destroyer". It has c&c (lol).

Do you actually get anything for completing those player-made quests?
I think you're supposed to get the same rewards you get for normal quests - xp bonus, item at the end (from the chest) and obv. loot from enemies.

Also, I think there's a daily that gives you astral diamonds for completing foundry quests... I know there is one in STO with dilithium.

Vaarna_Aarne

That daily hasn't been around for several months. Nowadays you're rewarded with Dilithium based on the average completion time of the mission.

I think you can guess how that worked out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom