Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
That's just, like, your opinion, man.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The funny thing is I didn't play til the 2nd beta, but I watched about 40 hours of 1st beta on youtube and livestreams. It sounds absurd, but it felt normal for an alcoholic like me for some reason. I think the game could be fixed if they presented it as all player created content. That main quest line is a stinker and its in your face from the start. Also, the engine itself seems to have those shitty encounters hardwired into them. Even the foundry videos I've seen makes the creator choose from a preselected list of boring ass battles. That's gotta change. I could go on, but I don't think it matters. Cryptic is a fucked up company that did a few things right but that's it. They are a prime example of why we can't have nice things.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It looks like KotC will actually see its inception this coming Saturday, the 27th, since that's when I'll be able to get into the open beta. I've seen no indication that guilds will get axed once the game goes live after beta, so it's worth it. Can always re-form later if we have to.

I'll check in here as early in the day as I can so we can organize the forming of the guild (I don't know how many of us have to be there to form it) and maybe to get some questing in.

This is going to suck but I'm excited anyway.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If it follows the standard set by previous Cryptic titles, it'll require a full party of five.

I'll start spamming invites to the private chat channel once you people have your charname@usernames to post here.

Zetor

Arcane
As a Foundry tester, I got the full 5-day headstart. Game's pretty stable, though now that I'm actually PLAYING (and not just making foundry content), I find my enthusiasm waning pretty fast. Oh well.

Vaarna_Aarne

I might give this a try. How does the game feel vaarne?
I'll have more extensive impressions of the game past the tutorial and earliest stuff next week. Right now I'm visiting my aunt, so I haven't tried out the new stuff yet, and previously I held back due to wanting to have a more complete experience.

Though I would say the basic gameplay at the very least is pretty good (few exceptions like Shield Fighter aside).

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I got in early with the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack. I'm going to recreate my character and get through the tutorial as well, then I'll start checking out where to create the guild. No hurry, as I'll need Vaarna's and others' help to do it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well crispy, remember to post your charname@username here so I can chuck a chat channel invite your way. One good benefit of it is that it enables everyone to holler people cross-game too (meaning you can inform people who are presently in CO or STO to come over to NW).

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Okay, once I'm done updating my GeForce drivers to the new beta 3.20 (adds better support for Neverwinter + SLI!) and I get back into the city I'll post so you can do that. I have other shit to do today as well so like I said there's no hurry.

Vaarna_Aarne

Good question, I haven't given it much though (it's still throwing me off that Neverwinter will have three servers at launch with a single mega-server being a later goal, when both STO and CO have used a single mega-server since forever).

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Do they even have superior euro servers, or are we stuck with shitty NA ones?

Vaarna_Aarne

No idea if Beholder and Mindflayer are going to be region-geared, but generally Cryptic seems to orientate towards having a single server, and the performance has been decent enough with both STO and CO (minor area-changing disconnect bullshit in STO aside).

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
User name sirwatson8181, character name Sir Watson. I'm in the city now.

EDIT: Okay, I'm actually Sir Watson@Crispy8181

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom