Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
bros can i play with sultry Drow priestess

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Drow aren't available yet, AFAICT. I think Heroes of Neverwinter will gain access to them first, but for now they're not selectable on the create character screen.

Aothan

Magister
since about two ago with knowledge of an open beta eventuating I've been looking forward to trying this, but as of yet I have not examined the game's content too closely. Just going over what I gather is the official webpage I cannot seem .. okay just located the wiki page and details of classes. To modify my original question, has there been any word of new classes becoming available sooner than later ? Mostly I'm interested in Ranger and Paladin class options. I'll have to check but hopefully a "guardian" fighter is not what now counts for a either of the aforesaid.​
also, although not completely opposed to joining a group every so often I'm typically a solitary player, is the game designed in such a way to allow for individual adventurers ?​

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Solo play seems trivially easy so far. Making a guardian fighter would be good for our guild, as I don't see that becoming a very popular class.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Solo play seems trivially easy so far. Making a guardian fighter would be good for our guild, as I don't see that becoming a very popular class.

Yeah, melee warriors are never popular in MMOs.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yeah, melee warriors are never popular in MMOs.

You meant defensive tanks I think. 2 hander wielding figthers/barbarians and assassin type characters are somewhat always popular, after XxXLegolazzXxX types of course.

Edit: I want to give this "thing" a try, but after a week probably.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
You meant defensive tanks I think. 2 hander wielding figthers/barbarians and assassin type characters are somewhat always popular, after XxXLegolazzXxX types of course.

Didn't you hear? Neverwinter doesn't have Holy Trinity roles, everyone gets to be a special little snowflake.

J1M

Arcane
Did they fix the massive mobility imbalance between the classes? Especially out of combat?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Didn't you hear? Neverwinter doesn't have Holy Trinity roles, everyone gets to be a special little snowflake.

Not sure if serious. It just so happens that the most popular user-generated content (in the Foundry) specifically recommends a holy trinity party setup for best results.

All I meant by the Guardian Fighter not being a very popular choice is that... so far it's not a very popular choice. It's rare to actually see a character wielding a shield so I assume that's a safe conclusion to have come to.

So, Turisas, do you have an actual agenda ITT, such as possibly joining our guild, or do you prefer to just continue shitting in here?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Of course it was not serious (a joke, you know?), afaik the devs have been pretty vocal about not doing just another holy trinity mmo, though. Now arguably it's all just semantics and those 4e class roles is just the same old crap in a new package, but at least a Striker sounds cooler than Damage dealer.

And I'd be playing if I could, but it's still another day until they let the filthy pleb masses in. :(

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Codex means never having to say you're sorry. :rpgcodex:

Btw., I don't suppose there's been anything official regarding those datamined new classes? Scourge Warlock sounds right up my alley, but until that becomes available I could go with whatever class is needed the most.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Scourge Warlock and Archer Ranger are still a bit of a mystery, I'm pretty sure Cryptic will beat its chest and sound a Youtube mating call when they reveal one of them.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Codexia needs a Guardian Fighter you say? I'll fill that role if needed, a dorf might be the most obvious choice for it.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
To be honest, I didn't really look at all the races. I'm not really into minmaxing, I'm more of the kind that would make a dwarf wizard and a berseker halfling but a dorf seemed like the most tanky character.

Vaarna_Aarne

So anyway guys, remember to post your charname@username (these are case-specific, incidentally, like how Crispy posted it), and I'll hit you up with a private chat channel invite.

Also, we going to be Knights of Codexia or Warriors of Diversity?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Knights of the Codex shall be our prestigious name. We'll need a "full party" joined together on the same shard (Dragon) for me to create the guild. Is that four people? Five? Once we form up then we can gain access to the guild bank, etc. I have no idea if housing is planned or not.

I'll be in the game this evening, starting in about one hour from the time of this post and lasting at least two hours, likely more. Weeknights will be generally the same time for me, with some breaks once in a while. Weekend times will be generally spotty since I'm such a socially-adept person with girls calling me all the time and shit.

Edit: If we don't form the guild until open beta that's fine with me. I doubt many others here will sign up for early beta like we did.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's very MMO-ish. But it's an attractive game with plenty of can't-get-enough-peanuts quality. Doesn't really feel like D&D but it does strangely remind me of Diablo! The gameplay is kind of similar to that.

Vaarna_Aarne

Doesn't really feel like D&D but it does strangely remind me of Diablo! The gameplay is kind of similar to that.

How's the loot in general, anyway?
Well, I played to level 9 yesterday, and so far the loot is generally above the standard vendor stuff, and drops pretty regularly. Health potions and Identification Scrolls are par course so far too (meaning surplus on potions in basic level of play, zero-sum on scrolls). Coins are handily auto-picked when you walk over them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom