Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Fart Master

Savant
I have no issues with stuff like XP boosts. What I do have a problem with is not being able to compete at max level with people who spend hundreds of dollars on stat boosting potions or some shit.

DLing the client (slowly).

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, no idea if it will come to that or not.

Honestly, that's why we're guilding up here. I don't think any of us could claim to take this game seriously while keeping a straight face. It's about as popamole as an MMO can get.

But, it should be good for some laughs and it is pretty fun to play. Let's just see how (horribly) it goes.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Also, word of warning. The launch seems to be pretty huge, as the servers are choking up right now.

roll-a-die

Magister
UXmZcgQ.jpg

This game is fantastic Bro, I love Queue Position Online. Thanks for the recommendation.

It even scales to your level, I saw inside of 1000, but then it scaled to my level, and well here's the results
Eajhx6y.jpg

roll-a-die

Magister
Also pasting over your previous image in paint is ill advised:rage:

Right now neverwinter is kinda spastically flailing around going, IT'S UNDER 100 what do I do, and oscillating between 100, 300 and 19700.

I've been in queue for over an hour.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Shit's overloaded right now. Not much anyone can do.

Edit: Regarding the queue number jumping wildly up and down, I think it's just miscalculating periodically, since mine seems to be counting slowly down from about 5000 but then occasionally jumps into the 30,000 area. I should be able to get in within about an hour, I'm hoping. Then again the lag might be so bad it won't be worth it.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm in!

But the Warriors game is starting in a few minutes. I'll keep checking in every ten or fifteen minutes so as not to get booted. Add Sir Watson@Crispy8181 whenever you're all in.

Vaarna_Aarne

Remember, server is Dragon. We may or may not have the actual Guild formed by then, we're trying right now.

roll-a-die

Magister
Unfortunately there's no server transfers because they are going to merge them at launch or some shit, so I started a mage on Dragon, and decided to fuck off after seeing a 7900 man queue gate in front of me.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, we're going to try again tomorrow anyway, no luck forming the Guild today.

So anyway, what does everyone think we should call ourselves? Knights of Codexia and Warriors of Diversity are still my suggestions.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I figured out Professions, they only begin after picking up the quest that's part of the intro. 'N' brings up the Professions menu then you just start performing the tasks, which I guess are what are considered crafting in this game.

Seems okay, I guess.

J1M

Arcane
So unless the extra feat point on humans is REALLY valuable (any idea what it does exactly?) it seems as though the obvious race choices are either Dwarf or Tiefling. Perhaps the lack of an exact percentage on the Dwarf abilities has me overvaluing them, but the Tiefling doesn't get +STR so it won't be the best at everything.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Getting extra feat points (that's how their handled, not getting full on feats) are nice, but they're not that overwhelming. For example, I've chosen Disciple of Strength then Endless Assault which both give 2%/4%/6% bonuses to damage done by strength and overall damage, respectively.

I would think there are unique bonuses to dwarves and tieflings as well as the other races that easily compete with that. Can't have imbalance now.

J1M

Arcane
Getting extra feat points (that's how their handled, not getting full on feats) are nice, but they're not that overwhelming. For example, I've chosen Disciple of Strength then Endless Assault which both give 2%/4%/6% bonuses to damage done by strength and overall damage, respectively.

I would think there are unique bonuses to dwarves and tieflings as well as the other races that easily compete with that. Can't have imbalance now.
Yeah, it's the 5% damage boost that Tieflings get that is OP. Mathematically it looks like 2.5%, but usually the time when shit is hitting the fan and an enemy needs to be burned down quickly it has less than 50% hp.

Fart Master

Savant
The city hub reminds me of the good old days of getting 6 frames per second in Shattarath.

I'm Kalya@KingPhonics playing as a cleric. I saw in some video that you can pray to your deity once per hour / day to get some currency. When does that feature unlock?

J1M

Arcane
Forget what I said about ability scores. They are linked to PnP D&D in a nonsensical way.

Based on this, the great weapon fighter's best stat is dex: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Great_Weapon_Fighter

So I made a great weapon fighter that is a half-orc for the STR and DEX boost. Then I rolled until I got 18/18 in those stats instead of 20/15 like most people will.

Reading more of this, I don't know why the great weapon fighter isnt called a barbarian. It has a rage-like ability, increased movement speed, and a deflection bonus similar to trapsense/natural amor.

rune@warforgedbard
odin@warforgedbard

Stokowski

Arcane
Averaging 15Kb/s on the download. Woohoo! I'll get in touch with you all around Thanksgiving.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom