Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Well, I played to level 9 yesterday, and so far the loot is generally above the standard vendor stuff, and drops pretty regularly. Health potions and Identification Scrolls are par course so far too (meaning surplus on potions in basic level of play, zero-sum on scrolls). Coins are handily auto-picked when you walk over them.

Cool beans, trying to google for this stuff is useless due to all the NWN results popping up. Are all the armors class-specific or is there some generic stuff available, too?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I played to level 9 yesterday, and so far the loot is generally above the standard vendor stuff, and drops pretty regularly. Health potions and Identification Scrolls are par course so far too (meaning surplus on potions in basic level of play, zero-sum on scrolls). Coins are handily auto-picked when you walk over them.

Cool beans, trying to google for this stuff is useless due to all the NWN results popping up. Are all the armors class-specific or is there some generic stuff available, too?
As far as I've been able to tell so far, all weapons and armor are class-specific to a degree. There's probably overlap with heavier armors. At the very least Wizards and Rogues have very distinct class-specific armor. Weapons appear to be purely class-specific.

EDIT: Incidentally, I just laughed my ass off when I checked the fashion wear they're selling. Pay2Manwhore lol.

Vaarna_Aarne

Just post your charname@username here, and people will pellet you with friend invites (due to how handy the notify system is), and I'll set you up with private chat access.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If you can't figure out your charname@username right away, just right-click on your own portrait in the upper-left corner of the screen and Inspect yourself. That's how I finally figured out what the hell Vaarna was talking about.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Another comment I'll make is that the difficulty isn't as low as I had initially thought. By signing up for the 2nd tier early beta pack I received some decent items including a very nice sword, which at level 15 is still better than anything else I've found so far, and I received a wolf companion as well. This made the tutorial and other starting areas ROFL-easy.

But now that I'm in the Tower district with all the orcs, I'm not able to stomp my way through anymore. Having to ration my health pots and watch my daily power usage, etc., is keeping me from falling asleep at the wheel at least.

I like it so far. I hope it lasts a while.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
What fizzelopeguss said, as long as you can see the prompt for your username and password, just press Enter until you're in.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Just as a side note there's almost no reason to actually group up for any of the content that I've seen so far, unless some of the beginning dungeons scale in difficulty per number of party members present. Even then it's more efficient just to solo them. So I'd advise everyone just to focus on leveling for now until we run into the harder content.

I can confirm that much of the Foundry stuff specifically recommends parties, and usually at level 25+, so we've got a ways to go. Vaarna, do you know anything about later official group content, raids, etc.? I haven't read anything about that.

Vaarna_Aarne

Seems NW launch leveled the Cryptic log-in servers.

Just as a side note there's almost no reason to actually group up for any of the content that I've seen so far, unless some of the beginning dungeons scale in difficulty per number of party members present. Even then it's more efficient just to solo them. So I'd advise everyone just to focus on leveling for now until we run into the harder content.

I can confirm that much of the Foundry stuff specifically recommends parties, and usually at level 25+, so we've got a ways to go. Vaarna, do you know anything about later official group content, raids, etc.? I haven't read anything about that.
No idea, but I'd guess they're similar to STFs in STO.

Vaarna_Aarne

Basically yea. I'd predit the raids in NW are either privately set up with five players, or queued up with a PUG.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I checked out the dungeon queue service last night and it looks okay. Didn't actually join one yet.

There's an orc skirmish that recommends level 15+ in the Tower district that I might try tonight. I suppose that could qualify for the first party instance a group could try together.

pocahaunted

Arcane
Bros, how would one proceed to get into such a prestigious guild? Can't recall my account name and logging out now would be way too dangerous. Could contact one of you, though.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Vaarna, have you figured out how to craft anything yet? I've got a pretty good collection of resources, but I haven't found a/the NPC who would (presumably) grant the "quest" to start your first crafting goal.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
There's only one relevant question here. How Pay2Win is it?

Doesn't seem to be, you can buy manwhore clothes and things like that, but nothing that'd really affect gameplay.

Is every area lagging or is it just the Tower District? Getting pretty murderous now.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
That's a good question.

Just like in other Mythic titles, Zen is the whole key to "Pay2Win". Want a boost for your pet? Buy it with Zen. Want an XP boost? Buy it with Zen.

Seems to me that you're just spending your money for what you can find in the game, though. I will admit that I've spent some of the crystals (which can be "sold" for Zen) to accelerate the training of my pet, but we're only talking about reducing the waiting time by five or ten minutes. It's things like that -- convenience, pay out-of-pocket if you're impatient or you just can't resist "beating" other people to the punch.

This game is quite simple and frankly rather cheesy so there's no point in madly trying to get ahead in my mind. It'd be like tackling kindergarten students in a sack race just to get to the finish line first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom