Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Codex Mole Popper Company

Only played a Half-Orc Mage. Every time I thought I was getting tired of the combat I'd teleport around a group and utterly decimate them, then find some semi-interesting quest. There's just enough that I may keep at it on launch.

Or I'll go back to STO...or my copy of GW2...or finish a storyline on TOR...hm.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Actually I wanted to announce this in its own thread once

- The game progressed out of beta
- I confirmed the game is even worth my time (it will be, for lulz mainly, playing alongside some of you chumps)
- I confirmed the game supports clans/groups/whatever they're called in this game

and since all three are (almost) true then I may as well lay this down now:

The Official Neverwinter RPGCodex clan is going to be called Knights of the Codex and I shall be its founder, Sir Watson. I will be playing as close to a paladin as the game allows, which it doesn't unfortunately, so I'll be choosing a caucasion, blond-haired, blue-eyed Great Weapon Fighter. Initial testing of this configuration has proven quite amusing.

We'll figure out which server to choose, assuming there will be a choice at launch, and we'll try to group as much as possible, coordinated here, of course.

Now, some of you may wish to usurp this plan and make your own Codexian clan, to which I say poppicock. I mean, I can't stop you, but who else better to lead you than I? Think of the glory. Think of the escapades we'll have. Think of the stupendous retardation!

May as well state what type of character you'll be playing and what he/she/it will be called now.

Soon it begins.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, people who don't have access to our already existing cross-game chat channel (covers NW, STO and CO; quite handy) can post their handles either now or when the time is closer. Me or some other folks active over at STO can send channel invites.

(Tiefling Wizard here, name under consideration)

J1M

Arcane
What are the level and currency requirements to make a Foundry mission?

Froglok

Educated
Its combat is slightly better than DDO without any of the DnD elements

It is WoW with hack and slash combat

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
I feel buyers remorse...couldn't even finish the tutorial without rage-quitting.

J1M

Arcane
Seeing this thread again just made me download DDO again.
I still have this on my computer. I downloaded it about a year ago and never played it because they wanted me to pay money to unlock the warforged race. I remember that aside from the combat mechanics and character building mechanics they changed for the mmo, that it was relatively well done when I tried the beta. (Narrator, atmosphere, etc.)

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Dungeon delvers of Neverwinter, mark your calendars. We are pleased to announce that on April 30, 2013, Neverwinter, our upcoming free-to-play action MMORPG, will officially enter Open Beta!

But before then, we will have an additional Beta Weekend Four, from April 12-14, to polish and test features which will be available during Open Beta. Here is just some of what players will experience during the next Beta Weekend:

- First opportunity to experience Neverwinter's Profession System
- Explore one or all four different types of professions: Leadership, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, and Leatherworking.
- Play through 50 levels of content, including improvements based on feedback from Beta Weekend Three.
- If you played in Beta Weekend Three, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!

Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th.

The Official Neverwinter RPGCodex clan is going to be called Knights of the Codex and I shall be its founder, Sir Watson. I will be playing as close to a paladin as the game allows, which it doesn't unfortunately, so I'll be choosing a caucasion, blond-haired, blue-eyed Great Weapon Fighter.

Make it a female, everyone loves the virgin lady knight as a leader.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I still have this on my computer. I downloaded it about a year ago and never played it because they wanted me to pay money to unlock the warforged race. I remember that aside from the combat mechanics and character building mechanics they changed for the mmo, that it was relatively well done when I tried the beta. (Narrator, atmosphere, etc.)
Well, I'm having fun, I subscribed for the month being, and a couple other CDSers are playing/might play.

Neverwinter is just DDO with fancier graphics and dumbed down everything else. The combat isn't even more actiony, really, given that you aren't expected to maneuver defensively, and so it's just clickspam+presshotkeywhenoffcooldown (so, not much different than DDO).

J1M

Arcane
Well, I'm having fun, I subscribed for the month being, and a couple other CDSers are playing/might play.

Neverwinter is just DDO with fancier graphics and dumbed down everything else. The combat isn't even more actiony, really, given that you aren't expected to maneuver defensively, and so it's just clickspam+presshotkeywhenoffcooldown (so, not much different than DDO).
Is it possible to build a bard in DDO that is primarily about barding and not just a TWF or wizard poser?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Is it possible to build a bard in DDO that is primarily about barding and not just a TWF or wizard poser?
Not sure, but there are a lot of possibilities. Here's a great thread of builds: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=117232 and also http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Builds_for_new_players

J1M

Arcane

Not sure, but there are a lot of possibilities. Here's a great thread of builds: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=117232 and also http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Builds_for_new_players
How long would I have to play for to unlock warforged and artificer options?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Make it a female, everyone loves the virgin lady knight as a leader.

No can do, bro. My BroRep is far too important to me.

BTW, Knights of the Codex will NOT see its inception during any of the beta periods. Only when this game's finished can we come together and be ultra fags.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, we can get people up and about on the chat channel anytime you guys want, since I can operate it from both Champions and Star Trek Online.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
No can do, bro. My BroRep is far too important to me.

A vow of chastity is a harder sell for a male paladin, you'll have to be pretty darn Lawful Good to pull that off. The clan name is p. cool btw., an ironic name like the Brave Companions. :troll:

I just watched some char creation screen, and apparently not only do you have to choose a god, there's only the goody-two-shoes ones to select from? How the fuck do they expect me to larp a dragon-illithid hybrid bhaalspawn if I have to worship Mielikki? o_O

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Have they said anything at all about new classes? The existing caster looks like shit, so unless they're particularly jewy about the whole deal, I want a warlock.

Vaarna_Aarne

No word yet as far as I know. Though twenty bucks says they'll be selling new classes at 10 dorraa a pop.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
No word yet as far as I know. Though twenty bucks says they'll be selling new classes at 10 dorraa a pop.

Well, drow race or "Menzoberranzan Renegade" are playable once you pay so it is safe to assume same for some classses, considering Perfect Worlds previous games.
This game smells P2W unfortunately.

Zeriel

Arcane
Drow are only P2P until 60 days after release (and only the special Menzoberranzan Renegade type). After that point, they're F2P.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom