Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

J1M

Arcane
Yes, I gathered as much. I was hoping you could explain how it was done.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I think I'm going to get rid of my rogue and roll a cleric in his place.

J1M

Arcane
One thing my cleric can do that my wizard can't is dump a lot of reliable AOE damage. In a group setting it isnt that great, but for soloing it is fun. Basically you just combo chains of light + channeled searing light.

eklektyk

Erudite
One thing my cleric can do that my wizard can't is dump a lot of reliable AOE damage. In a group setting it isnt that great, but for soloing it is fun. Basically you just combo chains of light + channeled searing light.
but when instance is narrow and u cant dance around u get massacred real quick ... soloing is really not fun above certain treshold

J1M

Arcane
Yeah in that situation I will usually try to flamestrike.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I found that the Wizard had a pretty good AoE damage output. You can even spec towards dealing it. The method I used was Chill Strike with Spell Mastery (the fireball replacement), Steal Time (roflpwn), Sudden Storm (there were several stretches where it could one-shot mook groups), and either Shield (the pulse attack is actually really potent) or Shard of the Endless Avalanche (this was used more as an opening attack, since a tightly packed group would get knocked around, enabling for a well-placed Steal Time to finish them off).

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm trying to stick to single-target DPS for now. If I really get into trouble with a large group, my daily power is the one that sucks all the enemies into the air, so I can buy myself a few seconds to kill one or two of the enemies and make the fight easier for myself. I rarely need to use it, though. I'm still early in (level 15 or 16), but I haven't died once so far.

Vaarna_Aarne

You probably won't be facing much difficulties until the last boss in Helm's Hold. The game gives you ample time to learn the ropes before it ups the difficulty for solo content.

J1M

Arcane
I found that the Wizard had a pretty good AoE damage output. You can even spec towards dealing it. The method I used was Chill Strike with Spell Mastery (the fireball replacement), Steal Time (roflpwn), Sudden Storm (there were several stretches where it could one-shot mook groups), and either Shield (the pulse attack is actually really potent) or Shard of the Endless Avalanche (this was used more as an opening attack, since a tightly packed group would get knocked around, enabling for a well-placed Steal Time to finish them off).
Don't you need to do 5 volleys of magic missile to activate spell mastery? Or are there higher level perks that make this easier?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So when I read the FaQ it says "we go to great lengths to ensure that the game is not, as they say, "Pay to Win"".

When I go to the shop, I see that you can gain access to a locked race and 2,000,000 in-game currency.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the payment model/scheme and whether it is P2W? Me and a couple of friends are considering playing a bit.

Which server is the Codexian one?

Gerrard

Arcane
I got enough glory for a sword then some left over, but fuck me if I'm ever going back into the arena.

eklektyk

Erudite
I got enough glory for a sword then some left over, but fuck me if I'm ever going back into the arena.
pvp is the quickest way of earning crystals via daily questing ....
fuck foundry quest and their shit mobstacking-to-hell [maybe doable by some other clases solo byt most are fucking annoying grind-thru-pain and not fun at all]

Wild Slop

Arcane
Dragon Shard

About the second part of the campaign - it's called "Then it became friendly" and will be finished soon. I just need to write the dialogues.

I wanted to review your mission -in game- but the damn window flashed away before I could. Shame because although I'm not giving glowing praise, a bit of a "Hey everyone ,lets play this mission, Why not?" type of deal might lure a player or two.

Would have wrote something like this said:
Liked how the start continued with the dungeon master asking about choices previously made.
I didn't care for getting booted out of the conversation each time after asking the superfluous questions.
The riddles are fun! Had it not been for the multiple choice, I would have taken much longer.
Too many trash mobs. I thought the mission was bugged at the end when it wouldn't finish, just needed to walk over to the chest to trigger.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lol, reading through what you can buy for money this seems like the ultimate Pay 2 Win game. Why do they even claim they "go to great lengths to make sure it's not P2W"? :lol:

Crispy, I require you expert MMO knowledge!

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I dunno, I haven't tried PvP yet, but so far I don't really see anything in the shop that will give me an edge in PvE, except maybe for mounts, but I don't care much for them. So far the only thing I really feel pressed into buying is extra character slots.

Vaarna_Aarne

Don't you need to do 5 volleys of magic missile to activate spell mastery? Or are there higher level perks that make this easier?
You're thinking about Arcane Mastery, which is a stacking buff. Spell Mastery works completely independently in its non-spell-specific functions. Simply slotting the spell to the Tab slot is what's needed for Spell Mastery effects (in case of Chill Strike, +stun and AoE damage).

So when I read the FaQ it says "we go to great lengths to ensure that the game is not, as they say, "Pay to Win"".

When I go to the shop, I see that you can gain access to a locked race and 2,000,000 in-game currency.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the payment model/scheme and whether it is P2W? Me and a couple of friends are considering playing a bit.

The currency given cannot purchase the best gear directly, but it is the currency used for auction, and to upgrade various things like Mounts and Companions. However, it is not necessary for obtaining the best gear. As for the Drow, they aren't really anything to write home about, nothing out of the line with the other races (+2/+2 as usual, a debuff proc that's p. good at -6% penalty to power and defense, and a rofluseless boost to campfire recovery speed). Drow will be made available for everyone 60 days after the real launch (or beta launch, nobody's clarified as far as I know).

The only even remotely arguably P2W aspect is Rank 3 mounts, and that's solely in PvP, where it provides a marginal advantage that a good team can overcome. And of course, I consider PvP irrelevant anyway so nyah.

In general the cash-shop is p. crap and extremely overpriced. It doesn't even sell anything notable besides vanity items and that one manwhore outfit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lol, reading through what you can buy for money this seems like the ultimate Pay 2 Win game. Why do they even claim they "go to great lengths to make sure it's not P2W"? :lol:
What are you talking about exactly?

Buy 2 million cash for AH and a solid XP boost as well as unique items and races. Gameplay related content that gives you an edge available for cash and most importantly: gameplay related content that you cannot get otherwise.

Look at League of Legends or Path of Exile for non-P2W models.

Will try it and see if I'm proven wrong, that would be great. At least, I trust you and Vaarne somewhat. But generally: if you can buy things on AH for real money (which you can by purchasing ingame currency) the game has a chance of being fundamentally broken. Economy is a crucial aspect of an MMO. De facto real-money AH is shit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Can't you buy some shit that makes refining stuff guaranteed to succeed? That's the one P2W thing I've seen and even then it only really matters at the endgame, and if you take the game seriously enough to care about endgame then you'll probably want to spend some money anyway.

Buy 2 million cash for AH and a solid XP boost as well as unique items and races. Gameplay related content that gives you an edge available for cash and most importantly: gameplay related content that you cannot get otherwise
2 millions AD is quite a lot, considering you have a limit 25k/day. XP boost doesn't matter because you level really fast in this game. The race is irrelevant because drows are gay and the other races are superior for everything anyway. The mounts...yeah the mounts are good but I never really missed it, gives you an edge on pvp but most people just afk on pvp because it doesn't matter if you win or lose to get the daily done.

You'll probably get bored of the game before even reaching level cap, so none of that shit matters...

J1M

Arcane
I'm glad you explained the Spell Mastery thing. Chill Strike is much better now. I'd just been using that slot for the force push move, lol.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
2 millions AD is quite a lot, considering you have a limit 25k/day.

That's just the refinement cap (which is the same for everyone) you can earn unlimited amounts of AD through various means (tho obviously selling stuff is the only way to get the big bucks).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Oh yeah. I've read that pvp gear is bind on equip so you can just afk on pvp all day, then buy pvp gear and sell it on the AH for diamonds.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'd totally use it for the Force Push move if it dealt better damage than Chill Strike... It's so damn cool.

Can't you buy some shit that makes refining stuff guaranteed to succeed? That's the one P2W thing I've seen and even then it only really matters at the endgame, and if you take the game seriously enough to care about endgame then you'll probably want to spend some money anyway.

Buy 2 million cash for AH and a solid XP boost as well as unique items and races. Gameplay related content that gives you an edge available for cash and most importantly: gameplay related content that you cannot get otherwise
2 millions AD is quite a lot, considering you have a limit 25k/day. XP boost doesn't matter because you level really fast in this game. The race is irrelevant because drows are gay and the other races are superior for everything anyway. The mounts...yeah the mounts are good but I never really missed it, gives you an edge on pvp but most people just afk on pvp because it doesn't matter if you win or lose to get the daily done.

You'll probably get bored of the game before even reaching level cap, so none of that shit matters...
You don't even need to buy Coalescent Wards, you have a good chance at getting one if you pray once per day for a week (that's why they're so lowly priced on the AH).

As for AH, generally it's better to find the stuff yourself (for example, epic gear is easy to get), and just sell stuff to the AH later on. The system is designed to be in the benefit of the seller thanks to bidding. The Founder ADs are there really just for an immediate cash influx into the economy. The only thing I've really used Astral Diamonds on so far has been to buy our guild some bank repositories.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
About the second part of the campaign - it's called "Then it became friendly" and will be finished soon. I just need to write the dialogues.

I wanted to review your mission -in game- but the damn window flashed away before I could. Shame because although I'm not giving glowing praise, a bit of a "Hey everyone ,lets play this mission, Why not?" type of deal might lure a player or two.

Would have wrote something like this said:
Liked how the start continued with the dungeon master asking about choices previously made.
I didn't care for getting booted out of the conversation each time after asking the superfluous questions.
The riddles are fun! Had it not been for the multiple choice, I would have taken much longer.
Too many trash mobs. I thought the mission was bugged at the end when it wouldn't finish, just needed to walk over to the chest to trigger.

Booting out of conversation. This is something I found out yesterday, that you can do "question the npc" dialog without making a giant dialog tree. I thought that I did change the dialogs to work like that. Can you tell me where you saw them?
There's a possibility that I can do "Match Letters to form Words as Answers to Riddles". It's kinda complex, but doable. There'll be more riddles in the last (third) quest.
I heard that a lot. I will tone down the encounters in the future. I made a lot of them because of the average 15min needed for it to be daily-foundry-good.
The chest thing - it was a way to make a nonlinear quest happen. I'll try to find another way.

Thank you for the input, and I hope you liked it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom