Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Gerrard

Arcane
More like Neveronline, am I right?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Generally if you send an invite what doesn't come from an account that shares your Codex name, it's best to PM too and try again. One quickly develops an automated NO reaction to mysterious and seemingly random friend invites.

eklektyk

Erudite
if it werent a mess with case sensitive letters .... tried few but gave up with trying cos u newver know if this shitty client sent mail or not :)
and server maint in da middle of day is just briliant :D

ps Ewalv@ekl321 or small e ... when i look on portrait it list them all in caps so who knows...

Wild Slop

Arcane
Awwe and I was have a good evenly match PvP too. I really was. It can happen.

While soloing I've had random people run up and help out and request to party and friend at the same time. While the first is real nice aspect of the game and its players, I don't take people into the brotherhood (friends list) so lightly and its just weird too. Unfortunately most of the times those random strangers request to party I'm totally up for it but just need to clear out my junk in town first, so I decline for that reason too.

Now I stuck between a Codex Movie Night and a server down.

Mazes and Monsters will be showing too for the CMN uninitiated.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Me and ma waifu are up for dungeons and BDSM skirmishes as well when we're on, just drop me a message.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I am up for tanking guys - as the glorious McButterpants.
Even outleveled dungeons are not straightforward. Every fight, skirmish or dungeon can go totally wrong at lvl 35+, if you don't pay attention. On that skirmish with the black dragon and werewolves - some "Mystic" adds show up and spam aoe heals. If you don't kill them fast - there will be 2-3 of them and it's over. 3 rogues and wizard could not outdamage the heals or were faggots, i can't say. I, being the tank, can't do much in such situation, rather then knock them over or buy some time with aggro. And you cannot discuss strategy with all the popamole and red circles going on. Regrouping a random party is only allowed by death.

Zeriel

Arcane
Even outleveled dungeons are not straightforward. Every fight, skirmish or dungeon can go totally wrong at lvl 35+, if you don't pay attention. On that skirmish with the black dragon and werewolves - some "Mystic" adds show up and spam aoe heals. If you don't kill them fast - there will be 2-3 of them and it's over. 3 rogues and wizard could not outdamage the heals or were faggots, i can't say. I, being the tank, can't do much in such situation, rather then knock them over or buy some time with aggro. And you cannot discuss strategy with all the popamole and red circles going on. Regrouping a random party is only allowed by death.

This being a F2P MMO, any problem is almost always user error. The variance in quality of groups is utterly beyond belief.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

How does the GF handle the tanking anyway? Are there many aoe skills or is it more single target? It's weird because I've partied a few times with tanks that were rock-solid, and then other times some that couldn't hold aggro at all, but without knowing about the skillset it's hard to bitch about it to them. :D

What's the key skills and rotations to use in your opinion?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Sounds like we've got enough interest in some semi-regular dragon runs. Let's call it minimum level 35, but please note that if you want to try to run it below I'd say like 40, there's a high liklihood that you're going to get steamrolled, at least at the final encounter.

Each run NEEDS to have at least one 50+, so our higher-levelled members will need to volunteer to revisit that dungeon with a few of us lower plebes to give us a chance at satisfaction having beaten that scaley son-of-a-bitch.

Respond here if you're interested and generally when you're on. We'll coordinate and get this done for everyone who's in.

J1M

Arcane
Update: Did that dragon on my wizard with a group of 4 earlier today.

Don't know if it was our tank who was level 45 (Butterpants) or dps killing adds pretty quickly or because I was CCing the enemy casters, but everything went pretty smoothly and took forever. Fight was probably 15 minutes long but I don't think anyone dropped below 50% hp.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I've got a few days off between exams this week, so I'll power level my character so I can try and get high enough to join you guys.

J1M

Arcane
How did you get in, J1M? PUG formed via zone chat?
Yeah. Lots of DPS was available. Had to try for a couple minutes to find a cleric. Found them in neverwinter, not helm's hold.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012

How does the GF handle the tanking anyway? Are there many aoe skills or is it more single target? It's weird because I've partied a few times with tanks that were rock-solid, and then other times some that couldn't hold aggro at all, but without knowing about the skillset it's hard to bitch about it to them. :D

What's the key skills and rotations to use in your opinion?
I am using single target mark and aoe "enforced threat", with passive abilities to back this up (auto threat generation and +33% more threat). Then, of course, i am getting closer in and block poke into the mob. When encounter spells are ready i am running around cleaning smaller dudes with my "Lunging Strike" (fly stab) and knock adds to the ground with my other abilities (Frontline Surge, Terrifying Impact), also having feats which prolong prone state. Also there is a "lock into duel" ability" (Knight's Challenge) i was playing with for a bit, but you take double dmg. Later on (got in at 45) there is "scream and take 50% of all incoming dmg" aoe thingy (Knight's Valor). Did not try yet - will probably kill me out right... if no one cares.

But i don't know, most of the time you can avoid boss anyway? It's adds who need to be taken care of.

Update: Did that dragon on my wizard with a group of 4 earlier today.

Don't know if it was our tank who was level 45 (Butterpants) or dps killing adds pretty quickly or because I was CCing the enemy casters, but everything went pretty smoothly and took forever. Fight was probably 15 minutes long but I don't think anyone dropped below 50% hp.
Mhh, there is another tank with nick Butterpants. Wasn't me surely?

Anyway i am off for work the whole week, so i'll join on weekend for some action again.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's so stupid because the dungeons aren't marked on the map. So if you don't remember where the entrance is it's like, uh, where the hell do I go?

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
itt crispy needs a quest compass :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom