Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah pretty ironic that you've got the fairy dust trail you can follow but is there a marker on the map for any of the dungeons anywhere? No.

J1M

Arcane
Dungeon entrance isn't as important as that campfire that they marked on the map, ok?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So, I found 2 nightmare lockboxes, all glowing purple and shit. Naturally, purple text usually means "omg yes" in these kinds of games so I was pretty happy. Until Guild Chat told me I needed an Enchanted Key, available via my Credit Card.

What the fuck? Keep your real money bullshit locked away in browser shops, bitches. A serious letdown. Unhappy purple :(

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Those can now be sold for some silver at least, but Vaarna STRONGLY recommends you sell them on the AH for Astral Diamonds instead.

(Somehow I still have over 575K AD that I can't seem to find a reason to spend, but whatev.)

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yes, if you want to pay the exhorbitant prices. I still haven't seen a single thing from a Zen vendor that I'm interested in, either.

Edit: Then again, see, this is the reason a player like me ("casual" MMO player) doesn't excel in a situation like with the Dragon dungeon. My PUG group sucked, but is there an argument to be made that if I were running tier 4 or higher enhancements, had all the best possible gear, etc., we may have beaten him?

It's just not worth it to me. I'd rather go back with you goons later and have more fun beating him down without having blown my AD/Zen load.

J1M

Arcane
Those can now be sold for some silver at least, but Vaarna STRONGLY recommends you sell them on the AH for Astral Diamonds instead.

(Somehow I still have over 575K AD that I can't seem to find a reason to spend, but whatev.)
Buy some Zen and unlock some character slots or buy some respec tokens.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Then again, see, this is the reason a player like me ("casual" MMO player) doesn't excel in a situation like with the Dragon dungeon. My PUG group sucked, but is there an argument to be made that if I were running tier 4 or higher enhancements, had all the best possible gear, etc., we may have beaten him?
This is not the reason. I did some tests, and Neverwinter is very, very harsh on diminishing returns for stats.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Did a dungeon (skirmish?) today. Mad Dragon or something like that. Pretty easy, I guess even with just the 4 of us. The dragon itself had lots of health, but it was easy enough to stay at 100% with my level 49 character and some pots. The only problem I could see is if you end with up a crappy cleric and a lack of DPS. It was my GF, a Cleric, a Wizard and a Trickster. I tanked, the cleric healed himself and the other 2 took care of the adds and gave the dragon surprise buttsecks while it focused on me. Would probably be much harder if I was at the original level (35?) of the dungeon, imo.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
That secret of that dragon bossfight is not standing on red markings on the ground, took my PUG four wipes to learn that. Having wizards help too, melee on that fight is a nightmare. They really need to release the warlock and bow ranger.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
That secret of that dragon bossfight is not standing on red markings on the ground, took my PUG four wipes to learn that.
That's funny, I learned that at level 1.

Anyways the Dragon is not so hard, I beat it on the first try with a pub group. Just a lot of HP bloat, ugh. Technically second try, but the first party I had was 3 wizards and 2 rogues, lol.

Basically, everyone needs to peel off and attack and CC any and all adds, prioritizing those that target the cleric. While the tank holds the attention of the Dragon. The main problem is that retard pubbies DPS the boss and forget about the adds.

J1M

Arcane
It was pretty shocking to see how little damage the adds do on that fight. And then standing in one red circle = 25% hp gone.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
It was pretty shocking to see how little damage the adds do on that fight. And then standing in one red circle = 25% hp gone.
Well, the circles are probably spells from the tougher adds.

Even regular adds do a lot of damage if they gang up on one person though.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Another thing you can do is bring a tank companion (one that has taunts) and spread out the aggro.

Edit: Just attempted the final Werewolf boss fight (I think, I guess I'm not sure since I didn't finish it...) but failed. Balanced party but one member disconnected and the server never queued us up a replacement Rogue.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I sorted the bank so that [Depository 1] is level 49 and under items. I also would like to suggest that unless the item is blue or really special, not to bother with depositing anything under lv. 20.

Gerrard

Arcane
You know, the most annoying part of dragon fights are their retarded hitboxes that push me around for no reason.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
So, what's the rule on alts in the guild? I'm going to start a cleric, so can it be part of the guild then or are guild slots too limited?

anus_pounder

Arcane
So, what's the rule on alts in the guild? I'm going to start a cleric, so can it be part of the guild then or are guild slots too limited?

Good lord, I hope not. I had enough of this 'lol no space for alts' bs on SWTOR and I-...

:oops: Disregard everything I just said.

J1M

Arcane
I sorted the bank so that [Depository 1] is level 49 and under items. I also would like to suggest that unless the item is blue or really special, not to bother with depositing anything under lv. 20.
Should probably just toss anything that is not blue quality or higher. Maybe green weapons would make some sense. I was looking through it yesterday and most of the stuff in there was worse than what you'd come across levelling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom