Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

eklektyk

Erudite
only annoying thing are those nightmare boxes dropping left and right ....

you "just" need 125 zen for a key to unlock them ...

Wild Slop

Arcane
For a number of the npcs I don't quite recall now. It worked ok with the main parts. If I wanted to ask something stupid it would end without going back to the main node or whatever its called, then would have to initiate conversation again if I wanted to continue asking stupid things. I can see why it would do this if it were on a mission forwarding answer.

As far as the multiple choice its not exactly a complaint, overall I mostly just like having riddles. If I ever go foundry I will want to rip off copy pay homage to that.
hmm but like you say, I can envision that, could make answers shorter, something of a four letter Krondor style... then maybe question choices: [First Letter] is <4 choices > , [Second Letter] is <4 choices> ect. answer system.

Kinda remember STO had a few missions where this was the case, computer input setting or frequencies the player had to figure out.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Guys, does some NPC sell gear for pvp glory? Or do you have to end a match ranked high enough to get a reward?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So... when I start up the client it opens a blank screen and then opens Internet Explorer of all things (never used that shit browser and it's not my default for opening links) to a 404 website. Then nothing happens. What gives?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Okay, seems like I can get back in now. Try again.

Edit: Scratch that. The client will launch properly now, but the server is still offline. Argh.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
There is a vendor who sells potions exclusively for pvp(can't use them during pve), but I haven't met npcs who sell gear. Once, I earned an armour piece but it was for pve.

Gerrard

Arcane
There's a guy that sells the PvP potions in the market, the person that sells gear is in Trade of Blades.
Guys, does some NPC sell gear for pvp glory? Or do you have to end a match ranked high enough to get a reward?
There is a vendor who sells potions exclusively for pvp(can't use them during pve), but I haven't met npcs who sell gear. Once, I earned an armour piece but it was for pve.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So I tried the Dragon dungeon for the first time tonight and it was, shall we say, a rather rude awakening.

Typical PUG so it was a bit chaotic but right before the final fight one of the group spoke up and issued instructions. Told me to stay on the dragon until a certain type of add spawned then to focus on those. Others were told what to do. Seemed straightforward enough.

Then the shit hit the fan. At first, everything went smoothly enough but my God, the adds started pouring in like sand. I've always been told whenever there are adds, take them out so the healers stand a chance. That's all I saw were imps everywhere and there was no way I could keep smacking on the boss himself. I went down a couple of times and eventually the entire group quit on me.

Needless to say I was disappointed. That seemed like endgame content it was so hard. But what's more disheartening is that apparently now that I've leveled twice since then I can no longer queue up for it. Doesn't this game allow for overlevelling of dungeons? Does one have to manually form a group in order to go back to that dungeon?

Lastly, is that particular one unique in its difficulty for its level or is this what I should expect from dungeon bosses from now on? I've been breezing through everything else.

Fucking *sheesh*!

J1M

Arcane
So I tried the Dragon dungeon for the first time tonight and it was, shall we say, a rather rude awakening.

Typical PUG so it was a bit chaotic but right before the final fight one of the group spoke up and issued instructions. Told me to stay on the dragon until a certain type of add spawned then to focus on those. Others were told what to do. Seemed straightforward enough.

Then the shit hit the fan. At first, everything went smoothly enough but my God, the adds started pouring in like sand. I've always been told whenever there are adds, take them out so the healers stand a chance. That's all I saw were imps everywhere and there was no way I could keep smacking on the boss himself. I went down a couple of times and eventually the entire group quit on me.

Needless to say I was disappointed. That seemed like endgame content it was so hard. But what's more disheartening is that apparently now that I've leveled twice since then I can no longer queue up for it. Doesn't this game allow for overlevelling of dungeons? Does one have to manually form a group in order to go back to that dungeon?

Lastly, is that particular one unique in its difficulty for its level or is this what I should expect from dungeon bosses from now on? I've been breezing through everything else.

Fucking *sheesh*!
I had the same problem with the next dungeon. I don't remember what it is called, but it was in the barbarian/werewolf area. I don't remember any such issues with the cloak tower.

Most of it, including the minibosses could be done with eyes closed holding down LMB. Several attempts using different approaches resulted in disbanding due to the final boss. I don't think we got him below 50% hp.

It felt very much like it was simply not tuned properly.

If you want to do a dungeon you are too high to queue for, you can always go to zone chat for that area. I'm sure a group will snap you up quickly for being higher level.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Ah, thanks. Forgot all about the zone chat. I'll give that a shot OR I may just try to organize a Codex-only Dragon run. That would be pretty cool.

I really just want to finish it once, then I don't care. Know what I mean?

J1M

Arcane
My wizard is almost done that zone. We can go together in about 20 min.

EDIT: Nevermind, it will have to be tomorrow some time.

Gerrard

Arcane
Man, my progress on mailsmithing actually slowed down after getting more slots and faster dudes, because I ended using up resources faster.
And also because I've been spamming leadership for AD while the event is active.

Mezebriel

Novice
There is just sth wrong with dragon dungeon, first time i was there in typical build and stuff. Adds just kept overruning us untill party disbanded. Next time i invested in def gear which improved my dmg reduction from 20 to 30%, which made me as cleric live till all others were dead. So some improvement. Then i leveled up and had no chance to try it again with pugs. Boss in next instance, throne of idris is spamming you with adds as well but every time it was just a breeze compared to dragon boss.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Yep, dungeons after 32 - the dragon and the werewofl are pretty tough. I run them twice and my party had 3 tries on each. Same thing always happend - Boss down on <20%, then somehow everyone starts dying. The spawn of adds (i am guessing the last one) brings everything down. And it seems so close, that you are always eager to try again. But you end up with the same (!) result. So if you guys wanna team up and roflstomp those faggot bosses, i am in. Can't query for the dragon (as i am 44), but we can just go there.

Wild Slop

Arcane
We can beat this bitch together! The dragon took out me and my puggles a lot like Crispy's tale of woe.
I was able to finish the next dungeon though
In fact one might even say it left us .... Crispy.

Also I messed up. I forgot to (was distracted/tiered/cursed/ ???) abandon the hangman's tree quest and when I went back to the guy at start again it finished :eek:. Ooops.
I know it can be shared as much as a hassle on the sharer is, it was nice doing on my own too. Now when you say you can two clients... how does that work? Not that it matters as my PC has hard enough time keeping up with some of just this one.

One more thing. I don't have permission to use bank slot #3.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Me and 4 or 5 homies signed up today. Add Rina@Grunker2700 :)

Couldn't find the Codex guild when I searched for it though.

eklektyk

Erudite
grunker doesnt like me :(

finnaly managed to befriend someone froem da codex [i started to think im playing on some other dragon shard or sumfin] and he kicked me to the curb soon after ...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
grunker doesnt like me :(

finnaly managed to befriend someone froem da codex [i started to think im playing on some other dragon shard or sumfin] and he kicked me to the curb soon after ...

Sorry :(

Got two random invites and had no idea who they were from so I declined :3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom