Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

J1M

Arcane
Is there a way for guild members to contribute towards the astral diamond cost of future bank tabs?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What's the best way to procure gold? Just want a bog-standard mount, but even that is 3g away.

J1M

Arcane
What's the best way to procure gold? Just want a bog-standard mount, but even that is 3g away.
Don't be in too big of a rush to buy a mount. The rentals are actually superior because you cannot be dismounted, lol.

Also, the real currency of the game is astral diamonds, so don't worry too much about gold. Soon the trash drops you find will be worth 4-10 silver a piece.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How do you get your crafters to gain higher rank btw? I don't see a level mechanic for them.

J1M

Arcane
Crafting is a long-term system.

Once you have gained about 6 levels you will see the option to train a rank 2 person. Doing so will consume 4 of your rank 1 persons. They will still only provide you a 5% boost. :lol:

Eventually, you can consume four of these rank 2 crafters to create a rank 3 and so on. For example, in leadership you will have to recruit 256 mercenaries to eventually create 1 hero.

eklektyk

Erudite
Crafting is a long-term system.

Once you have gained about 6 levels you will see the option to train a rank 2 person. Doing so will consume 4 of your rank 1 persons. They will still only provide you a 5% boost. :lol:

Eventually, you can consume four of these rank 2 crafters to create a rank 3 and so on. For example, in leadership you will have to recruit 256 mercenaries to eventually create 1 hero.
fuck me its sounds convulted... :)

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The Cleric reminds me a lot of the wizard. It feels like I'm essentially playing a wizard with slightly weaker offensive spells and a few healing spells. Not bad, I think I'll be sticking to it, though I don't much like being a healer in PUGs.

anus_pounder

Arcane
The Cleric reminds me a lot of the wizard. It feels like I'm essentially playing a wizard with slightly weaker offensive spells and a few healing spells. Not bad, I think I'll be sticking to it, though I don't much like being a healer in PUGs.

What level are you and whats your ID? We could group sex in a dungeon some time. Same offer to guys at the 1-50 mark. I just hit 51.

Monocause

Arcane

That's the reason I got bored with the cleric. The class feels not distinct enough and most of the gameplay, especially solo, means just standing there with LMB pressed, waiting for the lances to kill mobs. That's an issue with the Wizard too, actually, and ranged combat could generally use some overhaul, but the Wizard at least has more potential in terms of power setups and has an additional slot that makes cycling through powers a bit more interesting. Cleric has only three, and one of these is going to be reserved for a healing power unless you've decided to completely miss the point and play a cleric without any healing.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't know which build allows you to stand there with LMB pressed when you solo with the Wizard, but I'd like a copy of it.

As for one of the powers being reserved for healing, aren't Clerics able to switch stances (suites of powers)?

Can't comment on whether Cleric feels boring overall. I do think five classes is way too little, beyond the P2W stuff it's my main criticism of the game.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Soloing the last boss of the hardest dungeon with resurrection scrolls. Not P2W at all, no sirree. :smug:

Gerrard

Arcane
Blue pants and shirts are going like hot cakes.

Please sell me all your Eldritch Stones.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I just noticed the combatlog.txt file taking a lot of space in my SSD, around 655MB.
So folks checks your directory in ex. "InstallationLocation\Neverwinter\Live\logs\GameClient\Combatlog.txt"

The only oversight here is that logging to file is enabled by default. You can turn this off by typing:
Enable: /combatlog 1
Disable: /combatlog 0

Mine was 400MB, what a dumb feature to have on by default.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What level are you and whats your ID? We could group sex in a dungeon some time. Same offer to guys at the 1-50 mark. I just hit 51.

Unfortunately I'm only level 10 with the cleric, so I'm still a little way off.

anus_pounder

Arcane

Unfortunately I'm only level 10 with the cleric, so I'm still a little way off.

:oops: Still. If you want to do the dungeons/skirmishes and are one guy off, I wouldn't mind joining in to make things a bit easier.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So apparently there's a nice little bug with a guardian fighter set bonus, that allows you to one-shot everything even in epic mode dungeons. With obvious results (this one guy has amassed ~200 million AD, and he's just one of the countless people doing it):

dzZ92zd.png

Oh well, maybe the ADs will trickle back down again.

L5LpfE2.gif

Gerrard

Arcane
This is as bad as the RaiderZ launch.

No, wait. There they actually deleted people's shit after fixing the exploit, so this is actually worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom