Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, judging from that topic most Founders didn't realize that the AD they get was not supposed to "make an impact", but to inject start-up cash into the system.

Btw, the Guardian exploit was fixed.

just found an excelent farming place for crafting ingridients/stones [lotsa boxes for dungeoneering/arcane/nature/thevery and 2 treasureboxes]
but i wont place it here in plain text so anybody lurking can take it away and steal my shines ...:smug:
Nigger.

eklektyk

Erudite
Yea, judging from that topic most Founders didn't realize that the AD they get was not supposed to "make an impact", but to inject start-up cash into the system.

Btw, the Guardian exploit was fixed.

just found an excelent farming place for crafting ingridients/stones [lotsa boxes for dungeoneering/arcane/nature/thevery and 2 treasureboxes]
but i wont place it here in plain text so anybody lurking can take it away and steal my shines ...:smug:
Nigger.
i've shared on gild chat ... Magnificient Farming >tm<:martini:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
any new Foundry mods or reviews?

I like the Visitors from the Underdark series so far. Non-hp-bloated enemies, thank god.

eklektyk

Erudite
i'm already the guilds most inactive cleric, so look for another job :GRRR:
i got just one char - cleric so ....
but so far maps are so smal and thers only so little to craft/harvest as i dont feel the need to play this again with another char

J1M

Arcane
Hey Vaarna, what is this "Alclarity" effect I see sometimes?

Vaarna_Aarne

You know, I'm not entirely sure myself, so I went to check. It's a feat, and it seems the game shows when it'd trigger even if you don't have it. It's in the Oppressor tree.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ It's a bug! Alacrity is a feat that you can stack up, but it will show for most mages even though they don't have the feat.

Emily

Arcane
When do diminishing returns start to kick in? After what number?

Vaarna_Aarne

When do diminishing returns start to kick in? After what number?
They kick in *very* fast, right from the start really. I ran some tests with my Wizard last week, testing Power -> Damage effect. Here are the results with the Delzoun Orb (epic weapon), with Chill Strike being the spell used as test subject:

Power 1559 = 2913-3421 damage
Power 2008 = 2967-3476 damage
Power 2972 = 3085-3594 damage
Power 3298 = 3124-3633 damage

Now, if the UI isn't lying, you can see that the increase is not very steep.

Other stats seem to be much harsher, in many cases your stats make the raw base for your build (especially for Deflect). Overall, the bottomline seems to be that the most important element in a fight is player skill and the underlying build, not the stats. The most significant gear effect is your weapon's damage rating.

My guess based on the feeling in my asshairs is that the "sweet spot" for statistics is somewhere between 1500-2000, with values below 1000 having less effect. I think it's a bell curve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom